UnevenEdge

OJ Simpson is dead

-Kudasai-

Idk what to think. Idc that he’s dead a lot of people are probably thinking 1 of 2 things 

1. that he died a pos never paying or admitting to what he had done

2. he died a falsely accused man 

only one of these are correct and now we will never know unless he spilled to someone else who will try to cash in on his death 

• Thanks 1

• -Kudasai- changed the title to OJ Simpson is dead
6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk what to think. Idc that he’s dead a lot of people are probably thinking 1 of 2 things 

1. that he died a pos never paying or admitting to what he had done

2. he died a falsely accused man 

only one of these are correct and now we will never know unless he spilled to someone else who will try to cash in on his death 

I feel like any doubt should have disappeared after he wrote If I Did It. Good riddance to that murdering fuck, but also LOL for LAPD trending and everyone trashing their sorry asses. It's also funny to me how the prosecution bungling the trial so badly made it be taught in law schools as a how-to guide of everything not to do in court.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I feel like any doubt should have disappeared after he wrote If I Did It. Good riddance to that murdering fuck, but also LOL for LAPD trending and everyone trashing their sorry asses. It's also funny to me how the prosecution bungling the trial so badly made it be taught in law schools as a how-to guide of everything not to do in court.

That book was definitely as a confession by a lot of people, I think so, but part of me can’t help but think “but who would do such a dumb thing?” Then i quickly realize he had nothing to lose by confessing because double jeopardy 

I wonder if his estate is going to the Goldmans.  he owes them $100m from the civil case 

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

That book was definitely as a confession by a lot of people, I think so, but part of me can’t help but think “but who would do such a dumb thing?” Then i quickly realize he had nothing to lose by confessing because double jeopardy 

I wonder if his estate is going to the Goldmans.  he owes them $100m from the civil case 

The authorship is fairly interesting, if a bit unclear.

Pablo Fenjves, a screenwriter and witness at Simpson's 1995 trial, ghostwrote Simpson's book.[11] Fenjves stated in interviews that Simpson actively collaborated on the manuscript, and that Fenjves knew Simpson was a murderer.[12]

Norman Pardo, Simpson's former manager, told The Huffington Post that the book was written by a ghostwriter without Simpson's involvement. Rather, Simpson had accepted, against Pardo's advice, $600,000 from the publisher ReganBooks and its parent company News Corporation to say he had written the book and to conduct an associated television interview on Fox.[4] Pardo told the Huffington Post that Simpson had rationalized:[3]

"Hey, they directly offered me $600,000 not to dispute that I wrote [the book]." He said, "That's cash." I said, "They're going to think you wrote it." He said, "So? Everybody thinks I'm a murderer anyway. They're not going to change their mind just because of a book."

Fenjves responded to the claim, saying the book is "based on extensive discussions with Simpson".[2]

Simpson's eldest daughter, Arnelle Simpson, testified in a deposition that she and Van Exel, president of Raffles Entertainment and Music Production, came up with the idea for the book and pitched it to her father in an attempt to make money.[13] She testified her father thought about it and eventually agreed to the book deal.[13] Simpson stated, "I have nothing to confess. This was an opportunity for my kids to get their financial legacy. My kids understand. I made it clear that it's blood money, but it's no different than any of the other writers who did books on this case."[13

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_I_Did_It:_Confessions_of_the_Killer

Not defending it. I just find it interesting and the question of who wrote it and how tends to be oversimplified. Money was undoubtedly a motivating factor, and it's weird and gross nonetheless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naraku360 said:

Not defending it. I just find it interesting and the question of who wrote it and how tends to be oversimplified. Money was undoubtedly a motivating factor, and it's weird and gross nonetheless.

If I Wrote the Book: If I Did It: Confessions of a Killer 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, naraku360 said:

He still made money off his crimes. I had totally forgotten that he had said “I will spend the rest of my life looking for the real killer”.  He never looked for nothing except for the person that had his memorabilia (that they paid for and OJ got 33 years for armed robbery)

So this is getting more traction than I care for, but I have seen people post these rather frail pic of OJ as of late, I guess to gravitate some sympathy his way or whatever the reason.....but seeing that in contrast to the other clips of him basically laughing in people's faces like he just got away with murder made me think.....

I don't want to die in some frail way showing my human side or whatever the goal is...I want to die with people still saying "Buddy was a dick" I'm not even famous but I don't want ANYONE to see me on my deathbed. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...