UnevenEdge

Are you a cat person?

Cats are funnier than dogs by a landslide. 

You’re supposed to love dogs more right out the get-go, and I guess it really depends on the emotional attachment toward the specific individual pet.

I don’t have either at the moment, and I really hate cleaning up shit from any animal, and dogs just shit all over the fucking place while kitty’s got a litter box sooo... kitty wins?

27 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Someone isn't a cat person, apparently.

In all seriousness, I have seven feline housemates:  an all time low, believe it or not.  Some are super friendly, some aren't.  In general, any cat I see while I'm out and about won't approach me and I won't approach them simply because they don't particularly need my intervention.

32 minutes ago, Mix said:

I love animals.

They hate me.

My mom hates animals.

They go right to her, zero hesitancy, every time.

I have yet to discover the reason.

Sheer perversity.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

In all seriousness, I have seven feline housemates:  an all time low, believe it or not.  Some are super friendly, some aren't.  In general, any cat I see while I'm out and about won't approach me and I won't approach them simply because they don't particularly need my intervention.

I have random cats walk up to me. There was one I almost took in as a stray because she would wait for me to come home almost every day for a couple months, but someone claiming to be the owner yelled at me for thinking the cat with no collar or chip was a stray, and I only saw the cat once or twice after.

• Thanks 1

I tend to attract random animals whether I want to or not. That included skunks as a child. 

Currently have two loud parakeets in the living room yelling at the back of my head, a cat that just murped about the window not being open and the hot-pad not being on in the bedroom, a flock of sparrows and wrens that have almost emptied the feeder outside [ and they will tap on the glass if its empty ], an actual red cardinal [ I honestly didn't think there were any in the area ], 3-4 grey squirrels pissed at me because they broke the last bird feeder so now I have one they can't reach no matter how hard they try [ they will also try tapping on the glass if I'm home ], a red squirrel that just likes to tap on the glass because everyone else seems to do it, and that Canadian geese couple are back and a little peeved that their usual nesting spot has been intentionally scrubbed up to try to keep them from nesting there [ it's in a bad spot but they love the area apparently ]. They seem to like me - she's willing to be seen on the nest if I'm around instead of ducking down to hide and he'll settle his neck back and low to show he won't attack. I also collect injured birds from the sidewalk at work and get them back on their feet. I've had sparrows fly back into my bag in front of managers because of that. 

I'm missing the bunnies though. Last year's sudden blizzard dump killed off like 90% of the baby bunnies that were just starting to get out and there's been no bounce back. :( 

2 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I have random cats walk up to me. There was one I almost took in as a stray because she would wait for me to come home almost every day for a couple months, but someone claiming to be the owner yelled at me for thinking the cat with no collar or chip was a stray, and I only saw the cat once or twice after.

Not to be judgemental, but that sounds suspiciously like a negligent cat parent.  We've ended up adopting cats from neighbors who simply couldn't care for them anymore.  Of course, if you put food out in a neighborhood with stray cats, it'll only be a matter of time before you've adopted yourself a new friend, but you don;t have to the a cat whisperer for that to happen.

19 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Not to be judgemental, but that sounds suspiciously like a negligent cat parent.  We've ended up adopting cats from neighbors who simply couldn't care for them anymore.  Of course, if you put food out in a neighborhood with stray cats, it'll only be a matter of time before you've adopted yourself a new friend, but you don;t have to the a cat whisperer for that to happen.

I didn't feed it for it to come over to me. Quite a few cats have. That was the only one I got the chance to feed at all since it hung out more often than the others.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Not so much that you like cats…do cats like you? Not just your cat, do random cats also seek you out? I have a feeling most people who use a forum in the year of lord 2024 have some feline friends.

I've only ever owned pups

Actually slightly allergic to cats, I can live with them.. but it's brutal on my eyes

Yet, Pat sent a cat to assassinate me and it failed.. so now it just lounges around on the porch in spice trances

I honestly have no clue if it's a stray. It'll stay on the porch for a week and then disappear, I think it just may be a neighbor's cat, or all the neighbors are taking care of it?

spice kitty.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, SwimOdin said:

Not so much that you like cats…do cats like you? Not just your cat, do random cats also seek you out? I have a feeling most people who use a forum in the year of lord 2024 have some feline friends.

Yes, yes and upon occasion.

• 4 weeks later...