UnevenEdge

City infamously known as "Pizza Desert" finally sees relief

Raptorpat

I had a Pizza Hut in town once, which was eventually closed, turned into a local breakfast/lunch dining spot, and then bulldozed to make way for a larger plaza of resturants. Only time I've eaten in recent memory was a few months ago on vacation in Maine. It's fine; though my family has always preferred Domino's, though maybe they wouldn't if there was a Pizza Hut close by.

Pizza Hut as a company has been failing or (declining internally) for decades it seems to me. It's still a massive franchise of course, which maybe pat could have fun describing all the nuances of, but for me it just sounds like the same old tired bullshit. Here's SunnyV2 saying the same shit about Pizza Hut, and more because I mean.... 

He has that rep. but whatever. Pizza hut had better service, better food, better establishment in the days of arcade gaming, and at a time when digital things still left the public in a ten minute stupor every time they saw a monitor flash some bright bold words. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

4 hours ago, Jman said:

Is it really a Pizza Hut worth a damn if it’s not that trademark building with the salad bar, red cups, and those stained glass lamps?  Otherwise, throw a rock, and go to the pizza place said rock hit.

Honestly came here to make the same point. Why bother with a Pizza Hut if it's not in the "hut"?

You're probably pretty weird for thinking of "salad bar" when you think Pizza Hut, tho...

15 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Honestly came here to make the same point. Why bother with a Pizza Hut if it's not in the "hut"?

You're probably pretty weird for thinking of "salad bar" when you think Pizza Hut, tho...

Even if you never used the salad bar, to me it’s still a symbol of a lot of those casual sit down restaurants.  Something a bit more elaborate than a place with a few tables and chairs you sit yourself at once you order slices.  

Granted, all the really nice pizza places double as Italian restaurants around here, complete with seating in the back, but that’s more a Long Island thing than a straight New York City thing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I only say them in Cali when I was a kid, but it was awesome from what I remember 

Sounds like when my family went to Texas and we had Whataburger.  Those things were huge.  My brother loved them to the point he emailed them about getting places in the Northeast, and he got a very friendly response stating they appreciated the kind words but had no plans to expand up north.

18 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Dude, if there isn't stained glass lighting and a sea of chilled kale fresher than the pepperonis supporting some sort of weird not-kale wilty salads, it's not the True Hut. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I only say them in Cali when I was a kid, but it was awesome from what I remember 

I don't think I've ever seen a Shakey's. When my family lived in the bay area, we'd get Round Table or Little Caesar's (Little Caesar's was my favorite and they had that 2 pizza's for the price of 1 deal). When we moved to the central valley we never really settled on one place for too long. Aldo's, Me n Ed's, Giovanni's, Davinci's.... and then within the last few years I discovered my real favorite (Chicago's Pizza with a Twist, or just Pizza Twist for short). Like pooh the only reason I ever heard of Shakey's in the first place was because of South Park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...