UnevenEdge

ITN: Israel

Master-Debater131

When all Palestinians are painted as Hamas, it’s easier to understand why the IDF’s ethnic cleansing campaign has been so successful so far. And now, they’re getting ready to displace even more civilians who live in North Gaza and won’t have the time to evacuate until they’re bombed off the map or shot up. Nothings sacred either; the Red Crescent, UN officials, and synagogues have been caught in the crossfire all for Netanyahu’s genocidal lust. If you speak up against this, you’re painted as a terrorist and blacklisted from jobs, so everyone here either has to meekly both-sides the issue or cheerlead a genocide. But the message the IDF has is more than clear; abandon your homes or die in them. If you choose the first one, you still die, but that’s a difference between getting caught in an explosion and getting lynched by the IDF along with the doctors who try to save you. The end game could’ve been a two state solution, but Netanyahu got rid of the Palestinian moderates and bolstered Hamas so that he’ll have express permission from the international community to murder and displace all Palestinians under the guise of counterterrorism. Our country’s main response so far has been to facilitate a Trail of Tears for the civilians who haven’t been murdered.  We haven’t learned a damn thing from the War on Terror.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Scoop: Israel tells UN to evacuate the northern Gaza Strip within 24 hours

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/13/israel-gaza-hamas-evacuate-un-ground-operation

"

The Israeli Ministry of Defense and the IDF notified the UN just before midnight local time that Palestinians living north of Wadi Gaza should evacuate to the southern part of the Gaza Strip in the next 24 hours, according to UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric and another source with direct knowledge.

The big picture: More than 1 million Palestinians live in this area. The message could be a signal that the Israeli military is preparing for an imminent ground operation.

• The sources told Axios that the IDF's reason for the notification was in order for civilians not to be hurt by the military's actions and operations.
  • "We call on all civilians in Gaza City to move south," Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Friday in a press conference with U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin in Tel Aviv.
  • "We don't want to harm them. Whoever wants to save his life should go south. Hamas is camouflaging itself inside civilian population and we are going to go in and dismantle its infrastructure," Gallant said.
  • More than 1,530 Palestinians and 1,200 Israelis have been killed, thousands have been injured, and hundreds of thousands of others have been displaced since the latest fighting between Israel and Hamas began. Hamas is believed to be holding about 150 hostages in Gaza."

Israel is warning everyone that a ground attack is coming. They are finally taking the gloves off and going to take care of the Hamas problem. The goal seems pretty clear, find and destroy Hamas.

I bet you were definitely one-handed typing this post.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Israel is warning everyone that a ground attack is coming. They are finally taking the gloves off and going to take care of the Hamas problem. The goal seems pretty clear, find and destroy Hamas.

Yeah, historically mass genocide has always worked for beating terrorism and definitely never exacerbated it.

😐

• Like 5

I keep thinking through worst case scenarios for the Middle East, and I keep coming to the conclusion: "We've already done that. How is this any different?" 

The Middle East has seen so many wars and atrocities, I'm having a hard time figuring out how this is worse or different.

What? Will the USA get involved in a war? Oh yep, we've already done that. Several times. We Americans have even perfected the "limited intervention", where we are tired of fighting wars so we only get involved a little. Think of Libya in 2011 or Syria in 2013. 

Will Iran start firing missiles at Israel? Yep, Saddam Hussein used to do that. And the Palestinians fire unguided missiles into Israel all the time. 

When governments commit genocide they always tell the people to gtfo first.  As for all Palestinian people being painted as Hamas well congratulations half the people in this fuckin thread did exactly that.  When you cheer Hamas’ action as resistance when it was actually terrorism that’s usually what fuckin happens 

now all you arm chair peace ambassadors can jerk each other off nice and hard.  

this thread is gross cuz hardly any of you really gaf about what’s happening. Fuckin disgusting. 

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

When governments commit genocide they always tell the people to gtfo first.  As for all Palestinian people being painted as Hamas well congratulations half the people in this fuckin thread did exactly that.  When you cheer Hamas’ action as resistance when it was actually terrorism that’s usually what fuckin happens 

now all you arm chair peace ambassadors can jerk each other off nice and hard.  

this thread is gross cuz hardly any of you really gaf about what’s happening. Fuckin disgusting. 

I'm sorry, but no. The decision to kill civilians en masse to eliminate the small possibility of Hamas being in those buildings isn't based on what loudmouths on the internet are saying. It's based on the prejudice of the people powerful enough to make those decisions. And there would probably be more informed opinions on these issues if Palestinian voices were allowed to be heard. 

• Like 4

On 10/11/2023 at 5:55 PM, discolé monade said:

so...reuters is wrong?

R.A. dan hagari did say this.

Now I think Hezbollah WILL get involved. I hope I'm wrong and they chicken out. As tough as they are, Hezbollah is no match for the IDF. They will be mauled and a bunch of places in Lebanon will be attacked by Israel. 

That is, I'm now working on the assumption Hezbollah will stupidly try the fight Israel. If it doesn't happen, I'll be relieved. 

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

People's opinions: The genocidal regime has killed thousands of people.

My thoughts: Uh... both Israel and Palestine are genocidal regimes that have killed thousands of people. Which side are you accusing? 

When I do recognize the tragedies Israel has done to the Palestinian people.  But I also recognize the tragedies that the  the Palestinians has just did innocent Israeli civilians many of them elderly and children Plus war rape which has happened there is documented evidence of that. Yes two wrongs don't make a right. What Israeli treatment of the Palestinians is wrong also I mean there's been a lot of abuse done by Israelis plus you know Gaza looks like Looks like something from a fucking zombie movie minus the zombies.   

On 10/12/2023 at 10:46 PM, Icarus27k said:

As of February of this year, the U.S. intelligence community considered a war between Israel and Lebanon-based Hezbollah to be unlikely. This was due to a diplomatic breakthrough in 2022 where Israel and Lebanon settled a long-running dispute over maritime borders. 

That doesn't mean peaceful though. Israel and Hezbollah have an understanding of "mutual deterrence". 

Screenshot_20231012-234544.thumb.png.a6f6cc5c83056d2feabb44136aeb00f4.png

Sounds a bit like that Pakistan/India border where both sides of the border gate put on threatening displays, but don't really do anything but posture.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:20 AM, Icarus27k said:

People's opinions: The genocidal regime has killed thousands of people.

My thoughts: Uh... both Israel and Palestine are genocidal regimes that have killed thousands of people. Which side are you accusing? 

I can make it easy for you and say only one side is backed by the US and is currently committing genocide.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mix said:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Israel (maybe, idk)

This is one you just kind of sadly....idek/  There's probably better things to make jokes about though man. 

:LithiumSmileyS: We need more leaders that can and will approach their position from a diplomatic standpoint, and it needs to be done in a more transparent way than we've ever seen. 

I love dark humor myself, It's so hard to pull off for a reason though. 

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

2 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

This is one you just kind of sadly....idek/  There's probably better things to make jokes about though man. 

:LithiumSmileyS: We need more leaders that can and will approach their position from a diplomatic standpoint, and it needs to be done in a more transparent way than we've ever seen. 

I love dark humor myself, It's so hard to pull off for a reason though.

I fuck that up all the time I think...

Hamas, or Islamic Jihad no ones sure which, launched a missile at Israel earlier today. it failed and instead of killing innocent Israelis, it killed innocent Palestinians.

No ones totally sure how many were killed yet. Hamas is not a reliable source for information on these kind of things.

The Anti-Semites and terrorist sympathizers are frothing at the mouth after this saying it was somehow Israels fault. Not a surprise really. They'll do whatever they can to blame Israel for the entire worlds problem. It is, sadly, a tale as old as time.

Edited by Master-Debater131

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Hamas, or Islamic Jihad no ones sure which, launched a missile at Israel earlier today. it failed and instead of killing innocent Israelis, it killed innocent Palestinians.

No ones totally sure how many were killed yet. Hamas is not a reliable source for information on these kind of things.

The Anti-Semites and terrorist sympathizers are frothing at the mouth after this saying it was somehow Israels fault. Not a surprise really. They'll do whatever they can to blame Israel for the entire worlds problem. It is, sadly, a tale as old as time.

Original post: How was the missile intercepted?

Edit: I'm reading more of the thread and it sounds like Israel's Iron Dome doesn't workover Gaza so why would the poster say there was an interception. I would prefer a more official investigation to establish what happened here.

Edited by matrixman124

When people online were making claims that hundreds of people were killed and the hospital was leveled, I was cautious and saying "you don't know that; the videos and pics released so far don't prove that" and this reconnaissance footage has the hospital not leveled and damage to vehicles in a parking lot.

14 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Your linked article is literally repeating the lie that Israel bombed the hospital. So yea, they are lying.

no....i don't think so. 

"The explosion AT the hospital"

"Hamas blamed an Israeli airstrike, while the Israili military blamed a rocket misfired by other Palestinian militants"

try again. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

no....i don't think so. 

"The explosion AT the hospital"

"Hamas blamed an Israeli airstrike, while the Israili military blamed a rocket misfired by other Palestinian militants"

try again. 

"Israeli air raid on al-Ahli Arab Hospital kills 500, Gaza officials say

The hospital attack has sparked international condemnation, as patients and displaced Palestinians number among the dead"

That is literally the headline of the article you linked. It is provably false, yet they are still parroting the Hamas talking points as if they are fact.

• Like 1

Saudi Arabia calls on citizens to immediately leave Lebanon

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/10/18/Saudi-Arabia-calls-on-citizens-to-immediately-leave-Lebanon

"Saudi Arabia calls on its citizens to abide by the travel advisory to Lebanon and for those in the country to immediately leave.

The Saudi Embassy in Lebanon said it was closely following developments in south Lebanon, “calling on all citizens to adhere to the travel ban and to leave Lebanese territory immediately for those who are currently in Lebanon.”"

Dont know how reliable this source is. If its true it points to the growing possibility of this turning into a much larger regional war. Hezbollah is another Iranian backed terrorist organization who wants to destroy Israel. There has been a lot of talk that they were waiting for Israel to enter Gaza before launching their own attacks. Thats why Israel slowed down, they are getting troops in position in both places first before starting their Gaza operation.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel defence minister tells troops they will soon see Gaza ‘from the inside’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/oct/19/israel-hamas-war-live-news-today-gaza-aid-rafah-crossing-egypt-joe-biden-visit-rishi-sunak-netanyahu-meeting-tel-aviv-latest-updates

"Israel’s defence minister, Yoav Gallant, has told troops gathered at the Gaza border that they will soon see the Palestinian territory “from the inside”, according to his office.

A statement from his office quoted Gallant as saying:

You see Gaza now from a distance, you will soon see it from inside. The command will come.

His remarks suggest a ground invasion could be nearing. Israel’s military have previously said that its forces were deployed across the country, increasing operational readiness for the next stages of the war, “with an emphasis on significant ground operations”.

Looks like we are not far away from the ground operation in Gaza from starting.

President Biden is going to address the nation tonight at 8PM. Not a lot leaking out about what he will say. The general topics appear to be Israel and the growing tension in the US, and around the world, around the issue.

I will give him and his Admin a lot of credit for how they are not shying away from calling out people who are using this as an excuse to stoke more Antisemitism. Hes even calling out members in his own party who are spreading lies and trying to "both sides" this.

Will be interesting to see what he has to say tonight.

Americans urged to leave Lebanon ‘as soon as possible’

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4264485-americans-urged-leave-lebanon-israel-hamas-war/

"

The State Department on Thursday urged Americans to make plans to leave Lebanon “as soon as possible,” elevating an earlier security warning that advised Americans not to travel to the country. 

“The U.S. Embassy is closely monitoring the security situation in Lebanon,” the Thursday advisory read. “The Department of State urges U.S. citizens in Lebanon to make plans to depart as soon as possible while commercial options are still available.” 

“We recommend that U.S. citizens who choose not to depart prepare contingency plans for emergency situations,” the advisory continued."

This follows the warning from the Saudis to get out of Lebanon as well. There has been a ton of chatter that the minute Israel enters Gaza Hezbollah would attack in the north. Sure seems like thats whats going to happen. The entire region is a tinder box right now and ready to go up at any moment.

I don't think militants in Yemen or Iraq are the biggest threat. The U.S. (and in case of the former, Saudi Arabia, the enemy of Yemen) can handle them without us Americans noticing it happening.

Militants in Syria are a somewhat larger threat because of the border with Israel but I think they are still fairly disorganized. More like ISIS or al-Qaeda than an army. 

The biggest threat is Hezbollah in Lebanon, but I think their leader is famously risk adverse due to their past wars with Israel. They could still launch an all-out war on Israel despite that though and it deserves to be closely monitored to see if they are specific moves indicating that happening. 

Edited by Icarus27k

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hjwlhca11a

Iran TV says proxies to attack Israel from all sides

Iranian television drew for its viewers the regime's plan for the attack on Israel. "They will be hit from all sides," the report said the Shite militias in Iraq and Syria, Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Houthi rebels in Yemen will launch a coordinated attack including missile fire and attack drones to create a siege of Israel."

Iran is openly declaring that it is using its puppets to attack Israel. Starting to seem like a matter of time before this "indirect" war between Iran and Israel becomes a lot more direct. There are 2 US Carrier Groups ready and able to assist as well in the event things need to get "proportional".