UnevenEdge

ITN: Israel

Master-Debater131

2 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

The Israeli government hates Palestinian people, so I can't definitely say IDF soldiers don't go, "let's kill that random woman and child when no one is looking." 

Do they?  Or is it possible that the Palestinians are easy props for certain elements in the Israeli government covering their own corruption and incompetence?

Every military has its berserkers and far right goons willing to flaunt international restrictions on warfare, but the vast majority of IDF soldiers can’t be out to kill innocent civilians.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t be using air strikes to do the majority of the destruction.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

The Israeli government hates Palestinian people, so I can't definitely say IDF soldiers don't go, "let's kill that random woman and child when no one is looking." 

I don't know why they'd take the risk when they can bomb refugee camps and go "Well, we heard a member of Hamas was there at the time, so our hands are clean."

• Thanks 3

Except apparently that money is still tied up and unreleased per an agreement with Qatar that was still in place during and after 10.7. Iran has none of that money and Pollak skipped over the use of the word 'speculated' in that quoted piece in order to act like he has bombshell news to share. 

So nice to see Noah Pollak is still running around after his blog-job for the Weekly Standard went tits up with its cancellation. :| 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WATCH: IDF finds rocket launchers next to children's playground in Gaza

"This is further proof," the IDF said, "of Hamas's ceaseless use of the civilian population as a human shield for terrorist purposes."

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-771783

""We arrived here and found an area where there is a playground that used to be some kind of amusement park. You can see the launch site from within the amusement park and the children's playground," a second officer stated. 

Hamas has been accused of using civilian infrastructure such as UNRWA schools and apartment buildings as its launching pads for rocket attacks against Israel, which endanger the civilian population of Gaza.  

Hamas has built an entire network of tunnels and intricate bases underground throughout the Strip. The IDF revealed last week how the terrorist organization uses Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City as a command and control center."

Continued evidence that Hamas really doesnt care about human life at all. They are willing to use children as human shields and launch rockets from their playgrounds. Its evil on every level.

Waving white flags, Gaza civilians evacuate through humanitarian corridor secured by IDF tank

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/ryidfcpq6

"Some civilians were seen holding white flags as they were passing in front of an Israeli tank, which, according to IDF Spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari, was stationed there to secure the corridor and evacuees from Hamas attacks.

The IDF Arabic spokesperson posted images of the civilians evacuating and announced an additional humanitarian corridor, supplementing the one recently established, which will be open for Gazans wishing to relocate southward until 2pm local time.
"Use this opportunity to go south to the other side of Wadi Gaza," he said, referring to the body of water that delineates the southern and northern parts of the Palestinian territory. "Many are doing so at this time. If you care for yourselves and your loved ones, move south according to our instructions. You can be sure Hamas leaders have already taken care of their own needs." "

Israel continues to protect civilians and provide them with an opportunity to evacuate to the south. The last time civilians tried to evacuate Hamas gunned them down. This time Israel is providing protection so they can evacuate to a safer location. Good on them.

• Haha 1

"We are human beings just like anyone else. My sity, my grandmother - like all Palestinians - just wants to live her life with freedom and human dignity we all deserve. Speaking up to save lives no matter faith, no matter ehnicity should not be controversial in this chamber. The cries of the Palestinian and Israeli children sound no different to me. What I don't understand is why the cries of Palestinian children sound different to you all. We cannont lose our shared humanity"  Rep. Rashida Tlaib

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:
Israel continues to protect civilians and provide them with an opportunity to evacuate to the south. The last time civilians tried to evacuate Hamas gunned them down. This time Israel is providing protection so they can evacuate to a safer location. Good on them.

You, uh, you do realize that Israel has continued bombing targets in the south of Gaza, right? The same south of Gaza where they told over a million civilians to evacuate to (if they even could in the first place)? Including attacks on the Rafah border crossing with Egypt? Because that's a funny definition of "protection."

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The IDF is finally moving to take out Hamas HQ. Israel isnt going to stop until Hamas is destroyed, and everyone can see that now. Thats also why Hezbollah in the north hasnt waged a full war. They recognize that Hamas isnt going to be around for much longer and they dont want to join them.

No, Hezbollah hasn't waged a full war because not enough time has passed since the start of the Gaza incursion for the IDF to accrue large amounts of casualties.   Seeing as apparently even Iran was somewhat surprised by the timing of the terrorist attacks, it's unlikely that Hezbollah, which is far better armed and organized, had an opportunity to coordinate a second front with the less sophisticated Hamas terrorists to the south.  I only point this out because Hezbollah is more than capable of attacking Israel, and the IDF's sloppy, indiscriminate assault isn't instilling fear in anyone other than the helpless non-combatants in Gaza.

• Like 3

I'm still trying to understand why this particular war that began in October 2023 is a definite example of genocide by the Israelis against the Palestinians.

Do people have short memories? You know how many times Israelis have killed Palestinians? Why is this war morally different from all the other times? 

It's like people were born this year and were just told what Israel - Palestine is. 

46 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

I'm still trying to understand why this particular war that began in October 2023 is a definite example of genocide by the Israelis against the Palestinians.

Do people have short memories? You know how many times Israelis have killed Palestinians? Why is this war morally different from all the other times? 

It's like people were born this year and were just told what Israel - Palestine is. 

People didn't think it was a genocide before October?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

People have learned over the years how to document and spread info on social media better. More Americans have woken up to the fucked up shit our government pays for through the efforts of people posting educational articles online about our interference in governments. A lot of brewing anger surrounding how Covid was handled which also revealed how shitty a lot of our systems are and has people paying more attention. Anger at police brutality in the US and its relationship with IDF has become more well-known, especially with the forming of Cop Cities. Netanyahu did a lot over the past couple of years while people were watching, so the US government's old messaging is not working as well. Also not helped by Israel's government accounts on social media blatantly admitting to war crimes. And people have already grown tired of seeing the same shit happen over and over again, but the gaslighting is pissing them off more.

I genuinely don't understand why way too many Democrats think this is 2003 and their constituents are gonna be like MD jacking themselves off over the bombing of thousands. Getting people out to vote was already hard, so I don't know why they think being pro-genocide is gonna have folks flocking to the polls.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Thanks 5

IDF forces raid Gaza’s main hospital, find weapons, ‘concrete evidence’ of Hamas use

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-special-forces-raid-gazas-main-hospital-find-weapons-and-hamas-assets-inside/

Israeli special forces backed by additional troops entered Gaza City’s Shifa Hospital overnight Tuesday to carry out a “precise and targeted operation” against Hamas terror infrastructure at the site.

The operation continued into the morning, with the Israel Defense Forces finding weapons and Hamas assets inside. At least five Hamas gunmen were killed by troops during a gun battle outside the hospital. No soldiers were hurt.

A senior military official, speaking on condition of anonymity, later said soldiers had found “concrete evidence” of Hamas’s use of the hospital as a military facility. He said the IDF would publicize portions of what had been found inside.

The Times of Israel was told there had been no “friction” between troops and patients and medical staff. Incubators for newborns, baby food, and medical supplies were brought by IDF tanks from Israel and delivered to Shifa, the military said.

“Medical teams and Arabic-speaking soldiers are on the ground to ensure that these supplies reach those in need” and that civilians are kept out of harm’s way, it added."

This isn't a surprise. Its well known that Hamas uses the hospital as its HQ. Theres a lot of videos already circulating showing some of what the IDF found in the hospital, as well as proof that Hamas has been fighting from within the hospital. Which, shockingly, is yet another clear violation of the Geneva Convention. It also means that the hospital loses its protection and makes it a legitimate military target.

On 11/15/2023 at 8:49 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

It also means that the hospital loses its protection and makes it a legitimate military target.

There is no carveout i the Geneva Convention's rules of war that allow you to fire or commence a combat operation on an active hospital no matter what the reason.  Doing so is always considered a war crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Biden: Gaza operation will end when Hamas can no longer murder Israelis

The US president said that it was "established" that Hamas uses Al Shifa Hospital and other medical centers for its terror operations.

https://www.jns.org/biden-gaza-op-will-end-when-hamas-can-no-longer-murder-israelis/

"“When Hamas said they plan on doing the same thing again—what they did on the 7th…  they’re going to go in—they want to slaughter Israelis.  They want to do it again. And they’ve said it out loud. They’re not even kidding about it. They’re not backing off.

“And so, I just asked the rhetorical question, ‘I wonder what we would do if that were the case?'” the president remarked"

The president offered a lengthy response on if he considered the Al Shifa Hospital operation justified:

“Here’s the situation: You have a circumstance where the first war crime is being committed by Hamas by having their headquarters, their military hidden under a hospital. And that’s a fact. That’s what’s happened.

“Israel did not go in with a large number of troops, did not raid, did not rush everything down. They’ve gone in and they’ve gone in with their soldiers carrying weapons or guns. They were told… told, let me be precise, we’ve discussed the need for them to be incredibly careful.

“You have a circumstance where you know there is a fair number of Hamas terrorists. Hamas has already said publicly that they plan on attacking Israel again like they did before, to where they were cutting babies’ heads off to burn—burning women and children alive.

“And so, the idea that they’re going to just stop and not do anything is not realistic. This is not the carpet bombing. This is a different thing.  They’re going through these tunnels; they’re going in the hospital. "

Credit where credit is due. Biden has done a good job with this mess and has continued to support Israel even though there is a large antisemitic presence within his own party. He also is rightfully pointing out that the hospital is a legitimate military target thanks to Hamas using it as a base of operations. He also points out that the ones committing the war crimes are Hamas. Using civilians as human shields is a war crime, and so is using hospitals as HQ.

On 11/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

This shouldnt be a surprise to anyone.

It should be surprising that you'd fall for this bs.  Look, I know you're going to do your thing and just post your opinions and not have any meaningful discussion with anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you and that's just fine....but this is clownery.  Please explain how this is "blood money" and not humanitarian aid that the Iranian government can't use for supporting terrorism.  I'd say I'll wait but I'd be dead before you'd question your right-wing politico overlords.

Edited by MrD1718
  • Thanks 2

On 11/17/2023 at 9:16 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Who's saying this about Bin Laden?  This screams strawman argument to make "killing innocent Palestinians is ok because Hamas is hiding behind them" an easy pill to swallow.

"I'm making myself a get out of bigot jail free card by claiming things aren't true"  What a joke.

• Thanks 2

On 11/10/2023 at 3:46 PM, Icarus27k said:

I think it "feels" different now because there are a lot of chronically online influencers and NPC personalities who get geopolitics solely fed to them through social media algorithms jumping in on the pro-Palestine thing for internet clout.  This crowd makes things feel artificial.  Because in their case, yes, they pretty much did just learn about Israel-Palestine this year, and they'll move on the next trendy thing eventually.    

However, there are a lot of legitimate pro-Palestine people, and there have been people who have sympathized with them and disliked Israel's actions for a long time now.  Maybe you just didn't notice them as much before.  (Also think that public sentiment has in general been shifting towards Palestine in the last decade or so in particular for varying reasons).

• Like 2

On 11/25/2023 at 8:45 AM, MrD1718 said:

Who's saying this about Bin Laden?  This screams strawman argument to make "killing innocent Palestinians is ok because Hamas is hiding behind them" an easy pill to swallow.

"I'm making myself a get out of bigot jail free card by claiming things aren't true"  What a joke.

So the bin Laden thing actually does have a backstory.    

A couple weeks ago bin Laden's manifesto went viral among some of the TikTok kiddies and they were posting reaction vids about, like, them agreeing with his points, because it was Babby's First Anti-Imperialism I guess and half of these TikTok clout chasers are dumb 15-year-olds while the other half are just dumb.  

Anyway right wing social media accounts ran away with it and apparently decided that this represents a majority view of pro-Palestine people.  Very disingenuous but also very typical.  

Because of the pro-Palestine people are disingenuous too, in that their position is not truly "pro-Palestine" but is actually "anti-USA" (if they are pro-Russia/China it's usually a dead giveaway that their true underlying intentions are dishonest).  The distinction here is very important, but right wingers like to pretend it doesn't exist (whether they genuinely can't tell the difference or they're pretending not to for the sake of making strawman arguments, I'm not sure of).  

So this bin Laden TikTok thing once again gave right wing accounts the chance to muddy the waters and try to push the idea that pro-Palestine people are inherently anti-US subversive elements.  🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1