UnevenEdge

Pepsi Discontinues Sierra mist in favor of A New Gen-Z Focused Soda(Starry)

CountFrylock

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Starry is going to be “an Instagramable” brand

idk shit about GenZ but someone please tell me they don’t really gaf about a brands “Instagramability”. I can’t see it “well it tasted great but aesthetically it’s Instagram shit so I stopped fuckin with it”

You now remember Coca-Cola's idea for marketing OK Soda in the 90's was "Drink it or don't, whatever."

Marketing Brain is real, is what I'm saying.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Seight said:

You now remember Coca-Cola's idea for marketing OK Soda in the 90's was "Drink it or don't, whatever."

Well,  they were trying to appeal to a generation so known for nothing, that the jerks that label generations didn’t even bother naming us beyond the placeholder “X” 😆

• Like 1

I went out to get breakfast and I saw it in the cooler of a gas station near my house. I wish I had taken a photo, but I was in a hurry so I didn't. I will next time. (Also, I was starving! These breakfast tacos ain't gonna eat themselves, y'all!)

3 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I went out to get breakfast and I saw it in the cooler of a gas station near my house. I wish I had taken a photo, but I was in a hurry so I didn't. I will next time. (Also, I was starving! These breakfast tacos ain't gonna eat themselves, y'all!)

I saw it at Kroger yesterday in 2 liters and 12 packs. 

PSA - I have been informed that this grocery chain is spelled "Kroger" and not, as I previously typo'd, "Krogre." Apparently this error has caused substantial grief to some, so please allow this to serve as a general reminder to everyone -- do not misspell the name of this fine establishment. 

Thank you for your time, and attention. 

Edited by NewBluntsworth
Kroger is love, Kroger is life

On 1/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, Seight said:

Shut it. OK Soda was awesome. >:( 

Granted it was pretty much Suicide in a can with like extra hummingbird syrup and a crushed caffeine pill. And I once drank so much that I stayed up for 3 days counting the shiny bits in the dorm ceiling. 

But still, OK Soda was awesome. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, hornedlizardman said:

Speaking of "starry" shit, Coke had a similar drink that was "starlight flavored" a few months back. I, naturally curious, bought a bottle and got halfway through it before pouring the rest in my kitchen sink. It was just disgusting as hell. Why would Coke put that monstrosity out there and not put out an American-made throwback cola made with actual pure cane sugar? Money? Stupidity? Both?

Mostly this one.

Well, I got a bottle of it. It doesn't taste any different from Sierra Mist. But I guess the marketing ploy worked? Oh, well. (Also, if you prefer either Sprite or 7up like I do, stick with those.)

Starry bottle photo.jpeg

Edited by hornedlizardman

4 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

Starry: This Soda Slaps!

I guess if there ever were a soda that wouldn’t be missed, it’d be Sierra Mist. They wanted to compete with Sprite, but Mountain Dew & 7-Up are more relevant as alternative lemon/lime sodas.

See, I consider Mountain Dew to be separate from other traditional lemon/lime sodas. Yes, it as well as Mello Yello are citrus-flavored sodas, but they have a hell of a lot of caffeine, usually just above 90 milligrams per suggested serving size if it's a 20-ounce bottle. (That said, I can still see where you're coming from.)

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Wait... was it supposed to be different?  Like, were they changing the formula as well as the name?

I don't know. I mean it could just be stilgar being stilgar. lol (But yes, I really did burn my tongue last night so don't take my word for it.)

Sorce: I think you know what we need to do: Ask scoob! (That actually gives me a great idea for a thread; I just want scoob to make it since we'd be asking him stuff. lol)

Edited by hornedlizardman

23 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Wait... was it supposed to be different?  Like, were they changing the formula as well as the name?

I highlighted this part of the article earlier in the thread:

On 1/12/2023 at 2:26 PM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

A Pepsi spokesperson told CNN that Starry has a "higher citrus flavors that are true to fruit and more aromatic" compared to Sierra Mist.

Though it is entirely possible it's just stilgar being stilgar. 

24 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I highlighted this part of the article earlier in the thread:

Though it is entirely possible it's just stilgar being stilgar. 

Lol.  I'm sure Stilgar's just making a timely observation on the absurdity of marketing.

I saw that, but it was rather unclear.  It's marketing double talk more than anything, and, rather than suggesting a formula change, it sounds more like they changed some of the ingredients.

1 minute ago, naraku360 said:

Coca-Cola released a cola that tastes like pixels.

Pixels taste like ass, apparently.

If it's the "starlight flavored" Coke, we've already established that it tasted like cotton candy. (If it's not, I apologize.)

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You've had it? What's the verdict?

It was ok. It definitely tasted less sweet and it had a sharper bite. Flavor wise it seemed to have about as much citrus as sierra mist but to me sierra mist tended to have a watery flavor. It's kinda like flavored soda water but not shit. My verdict is it's ok and would be nice for when you are sick and don't want to drink ginger ale.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, stilgar said:

It was ok. It definitely tasted less sweet and it had a sharper bite. Flavor wise it seemed to have about as much citrus as sierra mist but to me sierra mist tended to have a watery flavor. It's kinda like flavored soda water but not shit. My verdict is it's ok and would be nice for when you are sick and don't want to drink ginger ale.

So in your opinion, it's more on par with Sprite and 7up?