UnevenEdge

Dazed and confused, Kanye edition

André Toulon

11 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I actually have a feeling that these go-fundmes for Kanye are just doing it as a joke trying to see how gullible his fanbase is. Just because you STARTED the gofundme, doesn't mean you actually have to contribute money to it, right?

This country has a very disturbing relationship with billionaire worship.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I actually have a feeling that these go-fundmes for Kanye are just doing it as a joke trying to see how gullible his fanbase is. Just because you STARTED the gofundme, doesn't mean you actually have to contribute money to it, right?

Well, obviously some random starting it doesn't even mean Kanye will see a dime. It's the concept....the fact that this can actually happen that fucks with me....and now fuck you for makinge go look for it.....just a bunch of parody gfms...the one dedicated to himoght already be taken down, but this is the extent of the effort I'll put into this

Screenshot_20221102-084254.png

• Haha 4

Kyrie Irving seems to be in competition with Kanye for the biggest garbage celebrity. Let’s see Kyrie believes the world is flat, vaccines are dangerous, the Holocaust never happened and he can’t be antisemitic if he knows where he came from

ok by that logic white people can’t be racist cuz thousands of years ago their ancestors were black.  Seriously fuck these people 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Screenshot_20221104-172432-906.thumb.png.8e135a799a1dbc889ebc505ace0cd2bc.png

It's easy to say "oh, Kanye has no excuse, he has more money than most people!" but it's also true that rich, famous, influential people like him could be subject to things acting on his psyche which we lowly peons can't even comprehend. 

No just no

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Nabs, you're literally drinking from the same piss pail that bucket and jingo do.  Get help.

... Twitter?

I'm sorry but this is scary AF. Maybe part of Kanye's current state is a result of him being subjected to this type of coercion and looking for the language and concepts to describe who is trying to control him and what they've been putting him through. 

FgrGD0sVUAQJRzd.thumb.jpeg.509a983bf60d3b71ca0a8529661ccc1d.jpeg

Edited by NewBluntsworth

Here what devalues Twitter....even though the "journalist" "reporting" this managed to stay PC in their efforts, the comment base is rife with "why are you leaving out he's Jewish" and other forms of blatant antisemitism.....so even if this is all true and factual, bigots make it unbearable and it's disregarded.

Maybe it's just me but this in no way lead to me sympathizing with Kanye.....because his breakdown in 2016 had nothing to do with Jews....he was just on some other nanners shit....and doesn't absolve him of any of his recent antics

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Maybe it's just me but this in no way lead to me sympathizing with Kanye.....because his breakdown on 2016 had nothing to do with Jews....he was just on some other manners shit....and doesn't absolve him of any of his recent antics

Idk what happened in 2016 but the 911 call that got Kanye 5150'd came from the house of this sketchy "personal trainer" who is apparently now threatening to send him "back to Zombieland forever" and to permanently alter his life and relationship with his children.

Not trying to "absolve" him but this additional piece of context makes me consider that his recent antics could be the result of him being threatened and controlled by powerful people for years in ways you or I can't imagine, which has clueless Kanye seeking an explanation for who is behind it all by latching onto antisemitic conspiracies. 

Kanye has blamed "them" for ruining his marriage, taking his kids, having him committed, and now ruining his career.

No, I'm not so naive to think there aren't people in the industry controlling the talent and if they don't fall in line, they are "coerced" to do so.....but some of this is strictly personal responsibility...how much of this is of his own doing.  If this is the guy responsible, then why hasn't Kanye been blasting his name all these years since he's "not scared"....we didn't hear about this dude until Twitter bureau of investigation blasted him. 

If ye wanted to blame a Jew, that's fine but he's disrespecting the entire peoples and using a lame historical significance to validate it

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

If this is the guy response, then why hasn't Kanye been blasting his name all these years since he's "not scared"....we didn't here about this dude until Twitter bureau of investigation blasted him. 

Well Kanye just tweeted out the screenshot of the threatening texts from this Harley guy, and apparently he's been talking about him on and off for the last month including during the Tucker interview:

https://www.newsweek.com/kanye-west-antisemitic-posts-trainer-harley-pasternak-comments-1750548

But I don't think anyone believes this guy is "responsible," if anything he's just the celeb handler who helps to keep him in line. Kanye probably believes they're really friends. 

I'm replying to you nabs, just hate multiple quote stretching the page.

See, the problem with Kanye is he uses blanket terminology and absolutes.  Him saying Jews own the black voice is just like people spreading the narrative that blacks a violent and savage....you can't try to lambast an entire group when his issue is with whomever is fucking with him.

And just to reiterate, the article itself is fine because it's an expose' on one player of the game.....but when your post is championed by overt bigots, it's just not a good look

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And when you try to excuse his behavior against Jewish people by showing an article and going “look see things happen that we just don’t know” it makes you look like an apologist 

Kanye got a problem with one person that apparently is way too involved  in his life. Rich people like paying people to tell them what to eat and drink. So fuckin what Pasternak been doing this job for over a decade he’s not “all Jews controlling the industry” as for Jews controlling “the black voice” if not for the Jews it probably would’ve taken another hundred years for Black voices to even be fuckin heard so fuck every single one of yous simpin for Kanye. May your fuckin hero lose everything and get hit with a conservatorship like many female celebrities got for being “crazy”

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Idk what happened in 2016 but the 911 call that got Kanye 5150'd came from the house of this sketchy "personal trainer" who is apparently now threatening to send him "back to Zombieland forever" and to permanently alter his life and relationship with his children.

Not trying to "absolve" him but this additional piece of context makes me consider that his recent antics could be the result of him being threatened and controlled by powerful people for years in ways you or I can't imagine, which has clueless Kanye seeking an explanation for who is behind it all by latching onto antisemitic conspiracies. 

He's an untreated bipolar person by choice. Anything could trigger him big or small.

3 hours ago, NewBluntsworth said:

... Twitter?

I'm sorry but this is scary AF. Maybe part of Kanye's current state is a result of him being subjected to this type of coercion and looking for the language and concepts to describe who is trying to control him and what they've been putting him through.

Or maybe he's just a bigoted piece of shit.

13 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Or maybe he's just a bigoted piece of shit.

He's an entitled, ego mad baby.....ever since he jumped on stage during.....Was it Taylor Swift? Award... he's just done everything possible to make us  believe he's as important as he thinks he is.....and when toddlers throw tantrums and still lose shit, they just get wilder and wilder.....until you whup their ass.

• Like 3

“They” we all know “they” are the Jews and now I gotta hear more dumb mother fuckers tell me how it’s not antisemitism cuz he’s saying what’s true. Can’t even argue with his supporters they’re no different than anti vaxxers and white supremacists and other globs of snot that will believe any stupid shit. 

• Like 2

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/jon-stewart-defends-dave-chappelle-snl-antisemitism-kanye-west-1235434099/

"But the one thing I will say is I don’t believe that censorship and penalties are the way to end antisemitism or to gain understanding. I don’t believe in that. It’s the wrong way for us to approach it.”

"Dave said something in the ‘SNL’ monologue that I thought was constructive, which he says, ‘It shouldn’t be this hard to talk about things,'” Stewart said. “I’m called antisemitic because I’m against Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. I’m called other things from other people based on other opinions that I have, but those shut down debate… Whether it be comedy or discussion or anything else, if we don’t have the wherewithal to meet each other with what’s reality then how do we move forward? If we all just shut it down, then we retreat to our little corners of misinformation and it metastasizes. The whole point of all this is to not let it metastasize and to get it out in the air and talk about it.”

Stewart’s words also extended to the topic of Brooklyn Nets player Kyrie Irving, who is currently facing a team suspension after sharing a film featuring antisemitic content on his social media.

“This is a grown ass man. The idea that you would say to him, ‘We’re going to put you in a timeout. You have to sit in the corner and stare at the wall until you no longer believe that the Jews control the international banking system’… We will never gain any kind of understanding with each other,” Stewart said. “Penalizing somebody for having a thought — I don’t think is the way to change their minds or gain understanding."

Stewart also brought up West’s controversies during his appearance.

“Something Kanye said on his tour — he got interviewed by five different people because the media model is arson and conflict — he said, ‘Hurt people hurt people,'” Stewart said. “I’m afraid that the general tenor of conversation that this country has is ‘Cover it up, bury it, put it to the outskirts and don’t deal with it.’ Look at it from a Black perspective. It’s a culture that feels that its wealth has been extracted by different groups… That’s the feeling in that community, and if you don’t understand where it’s coming from then you can’t deal with it.”

Edited by NewBluntsworth

I agree with Stewart that you can’t punish antisemities and should not. They should be called out as the shmucks that they are and then move on

I didn’t see anything antisemitic about chapelle’s SNL monologue. It was his typical comedy of the last few years

The  only thing I disagree with him on is discussing the issues with these people there’s no changing their minds so why even bother? There’s too many people agreeing with them. Call them out stop buying their shit if that’s the choice someone wants to make and move on.  Wtf should anyone have to explain how a group of people saying White Jews appropriated Judaism from Africa therefore talkin shit about them is fine, and how referencing antisemitic material like books from H Ford and the hoax Protocols of Zion is antisemitic. It’s ridiculous.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I agree with Stewart that you can’t punish antisemities and should not. They should be called out as the shmucks that they are and then move on

I didn’t see anything antisemitic about chapelle’s SNL monologue. It was his typical comedy of the last few years

The  only thing I disagree with him on is discussing the issues with these people there’s no changing their minds so why even bother? There’s too many people agreeing with them. Call them out stop buying their shit if that’s the choice someone wants to make and move on.  Wtf should anyone have to explain how a group of people saying White Jews appropriated Judaism from Africa therefore talkin shit about them is fine, and how referencing antisemitic material like books from H Ford and the hoax Protocols of Zion is antisemitic. It’s ridiculous.  

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I wouldn't think he means talking to racists, bigots or misogynists because you can't talk to brain-damaged people in a straight conversation.  I think he just means open conversations among the people that are bothered by it or foolishly attempt to justify the behavior.  Calling out bad logic is always beneficial, even when it's obviously bad logic.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I wouldn't think he means talking to racists, bigots or misogynists because you can't talk to brain-damaged people in a straight conversation.  I think he just means open conversations among the people that are bothered by it or foolishly attempt to justify the behavior.  Calling out bad logic is always beneficial, even when it's obviously bad logic.

It seems he was referring to both the people at large and the ones saying dumb shit 

Stewart is right that if the Black community feels its resources were pilfered and money made off their backs in which they didn’t profit from themselves, of course discussions like that aren’t antisemitic but they always go that way when it’s said that Jews benefited from slavery the most and Black entertainment the most and caused the community the most harm. How do you discuss that with anyone when all that’s said is “but it’s true” but Judaism had zero to do with it and everything to do with capitalism exploitation and racism?  Saying Black people were the first and original Jews isn’t antisemitic either but when it’s followed by invalidating the Jewishness of white facing Jews and their struggles it becomes that but that’s also followed by “but it’s true” so these discussions can’t be had. Stewart is pipe dreaming. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

It seems he was referring to both the people at large and the ones saying dumb shit 

Stewart is right that if the Black community feels its resources were pilfered and money made off their backs in which they didn’t profit from themselves, of course discussions like that aren’t antisemitic but they always go that way when it’s said that Jews benefited from slavery the most and Black entertainment the most and caused the community the most harm. How do you discuss that with anyone when all that’s said is “but it’s true” but Judaism had zero to do with it and everything to do with capitalism exploitation and racism?  Saying Black people were the first and original Jews isn’t antisemitic either but when it’s followed by invalidating the Jewishness of white facing Jews and their struggles it becomes that but that’s also followed by “but it’s true” so these discussions can’t be had. Stewart is pipe dreaming. 

Can’t disagree with that.  We are not in a society where open constructive discussions can be had, where people can listen with an open mind, disagree, and be able to reconcile that disagreement. Comedians like Dave Chappelle and Jon himself are only really speaking to the people that agree with them. 

Sigh, some of my people dont know how they feel about kanye...he was crazy and stupid a few weeks ago, then he became right and the only one willing to speak up....but now....now, hes the genius who got close to Trump to earn his trust and is using known bigots to sabotage him from the inside.

No matter how visibly ridiculous all of this is, there always someone who can piece it together and find logic.

Edited by cyberbully
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Imagine inviting 3 known anti-semites on your show just for the clout of saying you interviewed Kanye one time.

And knowing your fanbase will praise you for "hearing both sides," or something equally as delusional.

And then they all storm out when you wouldn't refer to They as "THE JEWS"

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

Somewhere Jingo just came a little.

Yeah this was definitely some sort of a joke that went awry.

A neo-nazi, a troll, and an unwell rapper enter a dumb right wing personality's edgy YouTube show. The unwell rapper is not told that the Jews are the cause for all his problems so they all leave.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

What's Kanye up to as of late anyway? Most of the headlines I've skimmed while waiting for modems and shit to boot just talk about him calling out the GAP, and crying because his merchandise isn't is pimp as he wants it. 

Have you not read through any of this thread at all?

• Thanks 3