UnevenEdge

Dazed and confused, Kanye edition

André Toulon

Kanye just gets worse and worse with his antisemitic rhetoric that pretty much no one with power shuts down. Calling Disney a Jewish company is so fuckin dumb. How is it Jewish because of Michael Eisner?  Walt Disney was a raging antisemite. It’s Ralph Lauren’s fault you wear their clothing.  Worst of all is people agree with this shit.  I had an argument with my own plug who’s no longer my plug because he agreed with Kanye.  We control the media and Hollywood?  What?  Jewish people aren’t allowed to excel in anything we’re not allowed to work at all?  And then the cherry on the shit cake is bringing up the Rothschild’s. Are you fuckin kidding me. That’s one fuckin family that like many Jewish families that worked for the King because they couldn’t farm or own land. We were the face of greed behind collecting debts for royalty.  It just so happened that Rothchild became friends with the King and was able to bequeath his $ to his family. An unheard of thing at the time. Yeah they started banking but so fuckin what. And don’t even get me started in his disgusting response to the suggestion he visits the Holocaust museum. What’s his answer “visit planned parenthood that’s our Holocaust museum”

he’s so fuckin gross but he’s not to be outdone cuz of course Trump had to do a “hold my beer” and lambasted us “American Jews” for not kissing his ass over the horrible shit he did in Israel. Like seriously Jesus fuck 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kanye just gets worse and worse with his antisemitic rhetoric that pretty much no one with power shuts down. Calling Disney a Jewish company is so fuckin dumb. How is it Jewish because of Michael Eisner?  Walt Disney was a raging antisemite. It’s Ralph Lauren’s fault you wear their clothing.  Worst of all is people agree with this shit.  I had an argument with my own plug who’s no longer my plug because he agreed with Kanye.  We control the media and Hollywood?  What?  Jewish people aren’t allowed to excel in anything we’re not allowed to work at all?  And then the cherry on the shit cake is bringing up the Rothschild’s. Are you fuckin kidding me. That’s one fuckin family that like many Jewish families that worked for the King because they couldn’t farm or own land. We were the face of greed behind collecting debts for royalty.  It just so happened that Rothchild became friends with the King and was able to bequeath his $ to his family. An unheard of thing at the time. Yeah they started banking but so fuckin what. And don’t even get me started in his disgusting response to the suggestion he visits the Holocaust museum. What’s his answer “visit planned parenthood that’s our Holocaust museum”

he’s so fuckin gross but he’s not to be outdone cuz of course Trump had to do a “hold my beer” and lambasted us “American Jews” for not kissing his ass over the horrible shit he did in Israel. Like seriously Jesus fuck 

Unfortunately, anyone with a mediocre ass fanbase or low numbers because they got a scandal attached to them plus zero ethics(Drink Champs, Chris Cuomo), know that Kanye is desperate to talk to anyone who'll still give him a platform because the controversy he creates equals clicks. Another shitty thing out of this is that conspiracy theorists are coming out the woodwork because they're saying the new videos of Kanye being taken down confirms his rants instead of acknowledging that people with any shred of sense are done with him and reporting his shit quickly.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Unfortunately, anyone with a mediocre ass fanbase or low numbers because they got a scandal attached to them plus zero ethics(Drink Champs, Chris Cuomo), know that Kanye is desperate to talk to anyone who'll still give him a platform because the controversy he creates equals clicks. Another shitty thing out of this is that conspiracy theorists are coming out the woodwork because they're saying the new videos of Kanye being taken down confirms his rants instead of acknowledging that people with any shred of sense are done with him and reporting his shit quickly.

It’s always like that, actions taken prove a false point, instead of it being removed because it’s the right thing to do.  People aren’t even ashamed to agree with Kanye. He’s not crazy ito, he’s “talking deep” or he’s “telling the truth” it’s so gross. My plug told me “Ye isn’t antisemitic he said he’s close friends with Steven Rifkin” (or wtf it was) he laughed when I said to him “Did you just ‘my best friend is Black’ me?”  Sad to say but there was a time where I was getting used to this shit. It’s really not surprising I seen it my entire life but I’m tired of it. Mark my words attacks on Jewish people and/or property will increase in the coming days.  Always happens.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s always like that, actions taken prove a false point, instead of it being removed because it’s the right thing to do.  People aren’t even ashamed to agree with Kanye. He’s not crazy ito, he’s “talking deep” or he’s “telling the truth” it’s so gross. My plug told me “Ye isn’t antisemitic he said he’s close friends with Steven Rifkin” (or wtf it was) he laughed when I said to him “Did you just ‘my best friend is Black’ me?”  Sad to say but there was a time where I was getting used to this shit. It’s really not surprising I seen it my entire life but I’m tired of it. Mark my words attacks on Jewish people and/or property will increase in the coming days.  Always happens.  

Of course people aren't acting like he's crazy - the hate he's speaking isn't a product of insanity, it's the product of bigotry that a lot of people have been rationalizing for centuries.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Of course people aren't acting like he's crazy - the hate he's speaking isn't a product of insanity, it's the product of bigotry that a lot of people have been rationalizing for centuries.

There are pretty much two types of views on this. The first being that he’s mentally ill and that’s why he’s saying what he’s saying. A notion I already rejected. The second group are those agreeing with Kanye. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

There are pretty much two types of views on this. The first being that he’s mentally ill and that’s why he’s saying what he’s saying. A notion I already rejected. The second group are those agreeing with Kanye. 

It highlights the fact nobody wants to recognize that age old anti-semitism has merely changed its stripes, just as it's done for centuries.  People who are saying it's the product of insanity are just in denial that the sentiment is real.

• Like 1

He’s also, I guess a straight up racist. Doesn’t matter that he’s black.  The shit he says makes all the racist conservatives go “see i told you he even says so”   He hides behind being Black. He even said he can’t be antisemitic because Back people are also Jews. Yeah some, probably the first, definitely were and are but that doesn’t mean you get a free pass on hate speech because maybe you do maybe you don’t have Jewish ancestry. He doesn’t get to claim “the cop’s knee wasn’t even on his throat like that” and then say “he wasn’t crying for his momma he was crying for his mama, girlfriend” like that somehow explains Floyd’s  murder?  Wtf 

• Thanks 2

ADIDAS dropped Kanye. Idt they we’re going to at first but then they suddenly decided to cut ties. ADIDAS must’ve been getting hit in the pocket 

I kinda wish they wouldn’t do this. One because they’re just gonna get back to doing business together eventually and two it doesn’t matter that this is the right thing to do, it will just feed that conspiracies that “Jews control everything” the Jewish community is in the unique position of not being allowed to do anything. Can’t work can’t protect themselves can’t be protected and they definitely can’t participate in local or national government offices cuz that’s a conspiracy too

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

ADIDAS dropped Kanye. Idt they we’re going to at first but then they suddenly decided to cut ties. ADIDAS must’ve been getting hit in the pocket 

I kinda wish they wouldn’t do this. One because they’re just gonna get back to doing business together eventually and two it doesn’t matter that this is the right thing to do, it will just feed that conspiracies that “Jews control everything” the Jewish community is in the unique position of not being allowed to do anything. Can’t work can’t protect themselves can’t be protected and they definitely can’t participate in local or national government offices cuz that’s a conspiracy too

I know what you mean but it raises eyebrows that he could tell black people slavery was a choice, and no one dropped him from anything, but anti-Semitism gets him all kinds of fucked up.....and here one of buddy's wild conspiracy rides....

"Christian" white America has seen a down turn in black popularity and many blacks are leaving organized religion all together in droves.....so something has to be done....create a rift between blacks and Jews and use our token, Christian negro to do it....his dumb ass will say anything without thinking.

But I'm just shooting from the hip as usual

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah  It's not because it's the decent thing to do because again it's not the first time Kanye has said hateful things about entire races of people. It's because their shares went down 5 points. These companies aren't ethical or anything and that's a-okay. 🤷

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I know what you mean but it raises eyebrows that he could tell black people slavery was a choice, and no one dropped him from anything, but anti-Semitism gets him all kinds of fucked up.....and here one of buddy's wild conspiracy rides....

"Christian" white America has seen a down turn in black popularity and many blacks are leaving organized religion all together in droves.....so something has to be done....create a rift between blacks and Jews and use our token, Christian negro to do it....his dumb ass will say anything without thinking.

But I'm just shooting from the hip as usual

I think because Kanye said that dumb shit about slavery no one was gonna touch that until the Black community took action.  It was seen as Black dude saying dumb shit about Black people 

Kanye has said antisemitic shit before and didn’t get financially hurt by it I think his doubling and tripling down down on his comments is getting him fucked this time. 

There’s been a rift between the Black and Jewish communities for a long time now. where I live they often share communities and a lot of animosity has developed between them

Just now, matrixman124 said:

Yeah  It's not because it's the decent thing to do because again it's not the first time Kanye has said hateful things about entire races of people. It's because their shares went down 5 points. These companies aren't ethical or anything and that's a-okay. 🤷

It’s up to us, the consumer, to let these companies know it’s not ok by not buying their garbage products 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kanye lost his billionaire status he’s only worth $400m now like that really matters he still can get basically anything in the world he wants 

Considering the way he wastes money, I don't anticipate him being a millionaire for much longer either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I think because Kanye said that dumb shit about slavery no one was gonna touch that until the Black community took action.  It was seen as Black dude saying dumb shit about Black people 

Kanye has said antisemitic shit before and didn’t get financially hurt by it I think his doubling and tripling down down on his comments is getting him fucked this time. 

There’s been a rift between the Black and Jewish communities for a long time now. where I live they often share communities and a lot of animosity has developed between them

White caucasian people tend to see black people as a black people problem.   It creates the prospect of a black person saying fairly awful things and being ignored because white caucasians see him as being a problem for his people and not them.

What seems to have caused the rift between the Black and Jewish communities?

29 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

White caucasian people tend to see black people as a black people problem.   It creates the prospect of a black person saying fairly awful things and being ignored because white caucasians see him as being a problem for his people and not them.

What seems to have caused the rift between the Black and Jewish communities?

Bottom line no one stopped buying his shit or listening to his music when he said that dumb shit. The corporations didn’t have to take a stance on anything because they weren’t feeling it in the pocketbook 

idk Orthodox and Hasidic, religious Jewish communities are very insulated. They take care of their own police their own and don’t look to make friends with people that aren’t Jewish. They’ll do business with anyone though and I’m sure a lot of the problems stem from that too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Bottom line no one stopped buying his shit or listening to his music when he said that dumb shit. The corporations didn’t have to take a stance on anything because they weren’t feeling it in the pocketbook 

idk Orthodox and Hasidic, religious Jewish communities are very insulated. They take care of their own police their own and don’t look to make friends with people that aren’t Jewish. They’ll do business with anyone though and I’m sure a lot of the problems stem from that too. 

So, essentially, they come across as using other communities to do business but shutting them out socially.

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

So, essentially, they come across as using other communities to do business but shutting them out socially.

No because it’s their community too Jewish people didn’t gentrify black communities these communities started Jewish only and changed as neighborhoods do. 

I’m sure if Jewish people owned any businesses they definitely hired Black people and I’m sure some exploited them as BUSINESS OWNERS do. nothing to do with being Jewish. They also make claims that Jewish people don’t rent to Black people while simultaneously complaining about what terrible landlords they are, so idrk all the specifics Not like  I can waltz into a Hasid neighborhood in crown heights and get answers as much as I’d like too 

No because it’s their community too Jewish people didn’t gentrify black communities these communities started Jewish only and changed as neighborhoods do. 

I’m sure if Jewish people owned any businesses they definitely hired Black people and I’m sure some exploited them as BUSINESS OWNERS do. nothing to do with being Jewish. They also make claims that Jewish people don’t rent to Black people while simultaneously complaining about what terrible landlords they are, so idrk all the specifics Not like  I can waltz into a Hasid neighborhood in crown heights and get answers as much as I’d like too 

Most Jewish people in America immigrated here within the last 100-150 years or are the descendents of such 20th century immigrants...most black people in America are descended from slaves who were brought here long before that, and have seen jews as white immigrants who rapidly accumulated far more wealth and power than black people were ever allowed to in this country, while continuing to directly exploit them and uphold the white supremacist super structure of American capitalism.

Sharing because i just rewatched the doc this related couple minutes is from 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwO6exPfAQQ&list=LLZ8HLEnvb2k4RkhYgOmz8ZA&index=1&t=220s

Edited by NewBluntsworth
I always forget that the 90s were 30 years ago and not "several"
  • Like 1

I’m sure if Jewish people owned any businesses they definitely hired Black people and I’m sure some exploited them as BUSINESS OWNERS do. nothing to do with being Jewish. They also make claims that Jewish people don’t rent to Black people while simultaneously complaining about what terrible landlords they are, so idrk all the specifics Not like  I can waltz into a Hasid neighborhood in crown heights and get answers as much as I’d like too 

No, I get it.  I was only framing it the same terms as Buddy’s conspiracy theory.  it’s an example of how the white establishment tends to pit races against each other through how it treats them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Most Jewish people in America immigrated here within the last 100-150 years or are the descendents of such 20th century immigrants...most black people in America are descended from slaves who were brought here long before that, and have seen jews as white immigrants who rapidly accumulated far more wealth and power than black people were ever allowed to in this country, while continuing to directly exploit them and uphold the white supremacist super structure of American capitalism.

Sharing because i just rewatched the doc this related couple minutes is from 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fwO6exPfAQQ&list=LLZ8HLEnvb2k4RkhYgOmz8ZA&index=1&t=220s

I was speaking strictly to the neighborhood and not overall how we all got to the US 

Marginalized groups will unfortunately lose members to the Darkside once financial improvements happen.  Jewish people are no more responsible for “maintaining white supremacy” than any other groups of immigrants.  The Black community is now starting to see what I’m talking about it’s why there are Christian Walkers, Kanyes and Diamond & Silks coming from everywhere and politicians like Herschel Walker. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I was speaking strictly to the neighborhood and not overall how we all got to the US 

Marginalized groups will unfortunately lose members to the Darkside once financial improvements happen.  Jewish people are no more responsible for “maintaining white supremacy” than any other groups of immigrants.  The Black community is now starting to see what I’m talking about it’s why there are Christian Walkers, Kanyes and Diamond & Silks coming from everywhere and politicians like Herschel Walker. 

The best way I can kind of try to explain some of it is that there is deep resentment in the black community when it comes to money because we were locked out of the financial industry, locked out of building generational wealth, and blocked from any major foothold in business which still affects us today. Anyone seen as part of that, even if that culpability is more privilege based involving members of other marginalized groups and like Butt Worm said, a symptom of white supremacy, has that resentment aimed at them.

Another problem is that resentment is known by hate groups and stoked by them plus some old black activists allow themselves to be used by Christian conservatives(who want all religious competition destroyed) to spread their conspiracy theories because it keeps them relevant. I see this more as a problem among black men vs. black women I think because black women are more involved in a wider range of activism. Working with so many demographics means we are more aware that most marginalized groups have problems with anti-blackness, and the Jewish community isn't special. It's less resentment in us and more emotionally exhausted.

The latter part of the last paragraph comes into play when it comes to holding Kanye accountable because black women were on that train pretty early. Too many black men were not, and when black men in our community have more powerful positions and used those positions to defend or enable him(who also embrace misogyny and ignore us), our voices were squashed and treated as general silence throughout the black community.

There are a lot of conversations going on right now about what went wrong and how to approach these situations in the future that give me some hope, but...we'll see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

The best way I can kind of try to explain some of it is that there is deep resentment in the black community when it comes to money because we were locked out of the financial industry, locked out of building generational wealth, and blocked from any major foothold in business which still affects us today. Anyone seen as part of that, even if that culpability is more privilege based involving members of other marginalized groups and like Butt Worm said, a symptom of white supremacy, has that resentment aimed at them.

Another problem is that resentment is known by hate groups and stoked by them plus some old black activists allow themselves to be used by Christian conservatives(who want all religious competition destroyed) to spread their conspiracy theories because it keeps them relevant. I see this more as a problem among black men vs. black women I think because black women are more involved in a wider range of activism. Working with so many demographics means we are more aware that most marginalized groups have problems with anti-blackness, and the Jewish community isn't special. It's less resentment in us and more emotionally exhausted.

The latter part of the last paragraph comes into play when it comes to holding Kanye accountable because black women were on that train pretty early. Too many black men were not, and when black men in our community have more powerful positions and used those positions to defend or enable him(who also embrace misogyny and ignore us), our voices were squashed and treated as general silence throughout the black community.

There are a lot of conversations going on right now about what went wrong and how to approach these situations in the future that give me some hope, but...we'll see.

I hope you’re right there’s a lot of “no one dropped Kanye when….” that seems imply he insulted Jewish people and that’s why instead of people not paying attention to what had to happen before these companies took action.  Not enough people  stopped buying his shit and the people that were saying “stop buying his shit” no one listened to, and I’m sorry for that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still shocking that he got away with his unabashed misogyny for as long as he did.  He seems to follow the same path as most bigots... his earlier forays into hate center on women, and then gradually expand into more universal themes. I'm not sure where those conversations are going, but it would seem that's the place to start since it really feels like gender discrimination is a foundation. 

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

It's beyond fucking stupid....if it's a gaggle of millionaires coming to his rescue, then fine but how dumb do you have to be to give your hard earned gil to a mfer that's still sitting on 8 digits easy

I actually have a feeling that these go-fundmes for Kanye are just doing it as a joke trying to see how gullible his fanbase is. Just because you STARTED the gofundme, doesn't mean you actually have to contribute money to it, right?