UnevenEdge

Dazed and confused, Kanye edition

André Toulon

You can watch for yourself and get your own conclusion but Kanye is having trouble separating himself from his god persona and a reasonable human being 

He says he's fighting a fight but he never says for who.... obviously it's himself and the things he grew up with but after seeing what you mother and father went though and alluding to "these people" who did it to them, he's blind to the fact that he's lauding their discrimination efforts in such a way that he CAN'T be taken seriously.

At any rate, here's the interview and article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-10-06/kanye-west-tucker-carlson-white-lives-matter-controversy%3f_amp=true

But I'm still interested in who he's trying to inspire. No one follows Kanye and no one sees him as a leader, white nor black. He's oblivious to the fact that he's just a coon, tapdancing to the very beat that removes responsibility from his oppressors. And yeah, I believe you just wanna see your kids but you're stalking Kim. You didn't need to buy the house next to theirs, there are many ways to have gone about this, but you CHOSE the path that leads to scrutiny 

Tldr, Kanye too dumb to see he's on display for both sides to ridicule him ...your usefulness has a shelf life and your music career is all but over. So good on ya for selling overpriced garbage to yuppies, but being a clown for right wing media will just have you looking like Hershel Walker 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, Kanye has been undergoing a massive mental health crisis for years and he needs somebody in his life to help keep him out of the public spotlight. The guy needs to work on himself first before he goes out and manically goes on tirades, jettisoning any and all goodwill he built up over the years.

5 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

Honestly, Kanye has been undergoing a massive mental health crisis for years and he needs somebody in his life to help keep him out of the public spotlight. The guy needs to work on himself first before he goes out and manically goes on tirades, jettisoning any and all goodwill he built up over the years.

This. Unfortunately, his fans are a cult that keep him insulated, and the only influential friends he has have their heads up their own asses too. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Someone said Bob Marley's granddaughter was there wearing the White Lives Matter shirt too. 

There's something seriously wrong with the children and grandchildren of wealth and privilege. Mansion-induced brain rot

It's called "affluenza."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

“Black people are Jew also”

guess I can’t be racist then cuz I got a half percent Africa along with all the other whiteys 🙄

Hey, I ate the get filthy fish, I'm keeping my Jewish card.

But in all seriousness, it's not just him....there are millions of black people who believe they can't be racist just because they are black.

My uncle is the most racist black dude I've ever met.... literally hates everyone and it's all orbiting around stereotypes. 

He'll, I might be too because after I go on my racial tirades in groups or irl, I always reflect later and say " my very own sentiment was based on these people do this and that's why I carry a gun" and I can't see at the time how it's not....but Kanye going after the Jewish community just means he's one of those crazy black Hebrew dudes who are basing their heritage on the accounts of the Christian bible....wrap your mind around that dumbassery

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Hey, I ate the get filthy fish, I'm keeping my Jewish card.

But in all seriousness, it's not just him....there are millions of black people who believe they can't be racist just because they are black.

My uncle is the most racist black dude I've ever met.... literally hates everyone and it's all orbiting around stereotypes. 

He'll, I might be too because after I go on my racial tirades in groups or irl, I always reflect later and say " my very own sentiment was based on these people do this and that's why I carry a gun" and I can't see at the time how it's not....but Kanye going after the Jewish community just means he's one of those crazy black Hebrew dudes who are basing their heritage on the accounts of the Christian bible....wrap your mind around that dumbassery

The Black Israelites are to Judaism like what the KKK is to Christianity 

thing is Kanye never celebrated a Jewish holiday or stepped foot inside a Temple so he can exactly fuck off

They say Black people can’t be racist as it pertains to institutional racism because the system was designed to be against you

So I guess Black people can be prejudiced but not racist but what about powerful people like Kanye. Can he not be considered racist? Idk

you ate gefilte fish? You keep the Euro Jew Card 😆

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The Black Israelites are to Judaism like what the KKK is to Christianity 

thing is Kanye never celebrated a Jewish holiday or stepped foot inside a Temple so he can exactly fuck off

They say Black people can’t be racist as it pertains to institutional racism because the system was designed to be against you

So I guess Black people can be prejudiced but not racist but what about powerful people like Kanye. Can he not be considered racist? Idk

you ate gefilte fish? You keep the Euro Jew Card 😆

You saw the jar....it was called something else but I think mthor called it gefilte fish....I can't remember what it was called on the jar....let's see if I can find that thread of if we trolled it into oblivion somehow..

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, matrixman124 said:

It’s not that he needs to go hide somewhere, he just needs to take his bipolar disorder seriously and take his god damn meds.  It’s not like his work ever justified the abuse it spawned, even when it wasn’t terrible.

The issue has never really been that Kanye is spiraling.  People suffering from Bi-Polar I or II do flail increasingly as their condition continues to be untreated, and they tend to hurt the people closest to them as they do it. 

The issue is that white conservatives have found an easy tool to latch on to in their bid to undermine minorities.  It doesn't matter that he's clearly mentally ill, they simply don't have to acknowledge his illness while taking his words to prove their point.  Had Kanye not been adopted by white people, he wouldn't have had a bully pulpit to rant from and we wouldn't be talking about it.  In all likelihood, he would be just another has-been musician struggling with addiction just out of view, which, in itself, is a sad commentary.

People who despise their fellow famous assholes being held accountable for their actions and wrote essays about 'CANCEL CULTURE!': Why isn't anyone doing more about Kanye?

It's almost like letting a person get away with rotten behavior over and over again may eventually lead to consequences that could affect you. Who'da fucking thunk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not even surprised. when it suits people to defend antisemitism they do. People defend antisemitism constantly and disguise it as “telling the truth” and those same people will falsely claim antisemitism and Pearl clutch over it if you criticize Israel.  If I had a nickel for every time I’ve seen shit like that I’d be wealthier than Musk, probably 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There’s only so much handwaving that can be done about his mental health before it’s better for the public to disengage from his attention-seeking entirely if they really want him to get help.

His white fans will still enable him because his instability makes it easy to feed into the “mad genius” image he’s been cultivating since his mother died, and many of them have no problems with saying his spiraling is “based”.

That, and because he paints a red target on himself by espousing racist and anti-Semitic right wing talking points, it gives him plenty of conservative Yes Men who will let him embarrass himself regularly for attention. 

And because of them, he winds up sharing the same distinction as Herschel Walker in that conservatives targeted them because their deteriorating mental health makes them vulnerable enough to be preyed on as easy black representation.

With his feud with Pete Davidson dying down, the only two things he can lean on for easy press is publicly stalking his ex wife and relinquishing control of his actions over to the ghouls who gave him a white supremacist fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

There’s only so much handwaving that can be done about his mental health before it’s better for the public to disengage from his attention-seeking entirely if they really want him to get help.

His white fans will still enable him because his instability makes it easy to feed into the “mad genius” image he’s been cultivating since his mother died, and many of them have no problems with saying his spiraling is “based”.

That, and because he paints a red target on himself by espousing racist and anti-Semitic right wing talking points, it gives him plenty of conservative Yes Men who will let him embarrass himself regularly for attention. 

And because of them, he winds up sharing the same distinction as Herschel Walker in that conservatives targeted them because their deteriorating mental health makes them vulnerable enough to be preyed on as easy black representation.

With his feud with Pete Davidson dying down, the only two things he can lean on for easy press is publicly stalking his ex wife and relinquishing control of his actions over to the ghouls who gave him a white supremacist fanbase.

The key difference between Walker and West is that the former's mental disease is far less known and involves components of dementia that aren't predictable, making him dangerous for reasons that differ markedly from the latter and, at the same time, more difficult to eject when his antics pose a direct danger to others.  To that extent, Walker is most definitely an unwanted asset that Republicans nonetheless need.

I don't know, I just feel bad for the dude. Mania feels great, for a while, anyway, and it seems like the longer one is up, the worse the crash is(and the more real world consequences one winds up with).

Edited by mthor

16 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3ad77y/kanye-west-tucker-carlson-leaked-footage-antisemitism-fake-children

A lot of unaired footage that makes him seem even more unhinged than expected.

That’s fuckin scary and scarier that Carlson, instead of shining light on the legitimate issue of Black men and mental health in this country, deflects from it by alluding to him being some sort of “truth teller”  idgaff anymore about his mental health. He’s a fuckin billionaire with more than enough resources to get help and if racism isn’t an accepted  symptom of any mental health disorder than neither is antisemitism.  Fuck him. May a piano land squarely on his fuckin head. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

That’s fuckin scary and scarier that Carlson, instead of shining light on the legitimate issue of Black men and mental health in this country, deflects from it by alluding to him being some sort of “truth teller”  idgaff anymore about his mental health. He’s a fuckin billionaire with more than enough resources to get help and if racism isn’t an accepted  symptom of any mental health disorder than neither is antisemitism.  Fuck him. May a piano land squarely on his fuckin head. 

Kanye was always irresponsible for not taking care of a condition he's known about for years.  Now, he's responsible for the damage his mental disease causes everyone else.  Not that I think mental health issues should be burdened by those that suffer from it, they have an obligation to themselves and those around them to do everything they can to get the help they need and not forsake others for their own personal gain.

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

Kanye was always irresponsible for not taking care of a condition he's known about for years.  Now, he's responsible for the damage his mental disease causes everyone else.  Not that I think mental health issues should be burdened by those that suffer from it, they have an obligation to themselves and those around them to do everything they can to get the help they need and not forsake others for their own personal gain.

I’m saying I reject the idea that his antisemitism is a symptom of his mental health issues and I won’t sympathize with someone that is a billionaire and has every resource available to them. Idc if that behavior is a symptom of his illness. (Not getting help)
Do I feel bad that everyone is using bat shit bananas off his meds Kanye because that’s how they all make $$…..lemme think about it.  Maybe a little but I’m not interested in examining the complexities of being Kanye and bipolar disorder or having any empathy for a man that in the very same interview basically told Black people “to stop whining and crying about racism and being‘trauma drunk’”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It's not a symptom.  It's latent bigotry the just about every non-Jewish person has in some form.  Kanye is expressing openly problematic behavior that others have learned to suppress (more so) or cope with (much less so).  His inability to acknowledge that bigotry has nothing to do with his mental disease.

22 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m saying I reject the idea that his antisemitism is a symptom of his mental health issues and I won’t sympathize with someone that is a billionaire and has every resource available to them. Idc if that behavior is a symptom of his illness. (Not getting help)
Do I feel bad that everyone is using bat shit bananas off his meds Kanye because that’s how they all make $$…..lemme think about it.  Maybe a little but I’m not interested in examining the complexities of being Kanye and bipolar disorder or having any empathy for a man that in the very same interview basically told Black people “to stop whining and crying about racism and being‘trauma drunk’”

Conscious decisions(what he chooses to learn, the people he keeps around him, how he treats his mental health after seeing the consequences despite having more resources than most people in the world) are what put him in these positions so he deserves all culpability. His huge platform to spread his comments make so much worse.

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

So I guess Kanye and Ray J cool now.

I want to see this Candace Owens shit out of curiosity but don't want to give any of these idiots the satisfaction

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2022/10/12/kanye-west-ray-j-reunite-at-screening-of-candace-owens-blm-doc/amp/

I can't even post the string of insults that came into my head when I saw a pic of those three together. Every time I see black folks give that woman a boost, I *REDACTED*.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It's not a symptom.  It's latent bigotry the just about every non-Jewish person has in some form.  Kanye is expressing openly problematic behavior that others have learned to suppress (more so) or cope with (much less so).  His inability to acknowledge that bigotry has nothing to do with his mental disease.

Wow you know shit’s fucked up when the issue is more that he’s saying it out loud and he should take his meds so the things coming out of his mouth, that everyone apparently thinks, or copes with, will be kept to himself again instead of blowing up everyone that’s not Jewish cuz they all think it but don’t say it. Not that it’s not true but we should all just know the truth and deal with it?  Idk maybe I’m misunderstanding your point because I’m too close to this to be objective? 

On 10/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, scoobdog said:

I wouldn't call it 'latent'. I think our social structure just keeps giving bigotry opportunities to always be present. We know teaching kids from an early age to be more accepting is important, and Republicans are actively destroying those efforts. There's also the problem of giant spreaders of misinformation like Alex Jones and Joe Rogan, both of whom were called harmless back in the day because they were 'entertaining', who gave pulpits to every bigot who wanted to be on their shows. I genuinely don't even know how to guess how much harm they've caused over the years.

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow you know shit’s fucked up when the issue is more that he’s saying it out loud and he should take his meds so the things coming out of his mouth, that everyone apparently thinks, or copes with, will be kept to himself again instead of blowing up everyone that’s not Jewish cuz they all think it but don’t say it. Not that it’s not true but we should all just know the truth and deal with it?  Idk maybe I’m misunderstanding your point because I’m too close to this to be objective? 

I sorta felt weird  about this post too but didn't want to say anything because I've been accused of anti-Semitism in he past (credibly accused, if you go by the logic of the post).

I mean, it kind of felt like "Everyone dislikes jewish people, but we have the good graces to be quiet about it," which... fuck, I'm getting into the "I don't see how jewish people are espescially different from christians" thing again, even though I know that comes from a place of ignorance and is discounting the jewish experience (essentially being one of those "I don't see color" motherfuckers).

WHY.

THE FUCK.

DOES EVERYONE.

HATE.

JEWISH PEOPLE???????????

I mean I've looked into the history of the whole deal back to like babylon and shit, which again, I'm ignorant as hell, y'all know way more about the historical oppressions of the jewish people than me so I'm not going to "mansplain" back everything I've read, and it's just like..... ?????THE FUCK????

How the hell is it... it's like... treated like it's some natural inborn characteristic of the human species??? Like "Walking on two legs? All right, check. Speaking? Ok. Hates jewish people? Yep. Looks like we're all good, this human's ready."

Sometimes I'm glad I was raised in  a basement in the middle of nowhere.

I just don't get it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I sorta felt weird  about this post too but didn't want to say anything because I've been accused of anti-Semitism in he past (credibly accused, if you go by the logic of the post).

I mean, it kind of felt like "Everyone dislikes jewish people, but we have the good graces to be quiet about it," which... fuck, I'm getting into the "I don't see how jewish people are espescially different from christians" thing again, even though I know that comes from a place of ignorance and is discounting the jewish experience (essentially being one of those "I don't see color" motherfuckers).

WHY.

THE FUCK.

DOES EVERYONE.

HATE.

JEWISH PEOPLE???????????

I mean I've looked into the history of the whole deal back to like babylon and shit, which again, I'm ignorant as hell, y'all know way more about the historical oppressions of the jewish people than me so I'm not going to "mansplain" back everything I've read, and it's just like..... ?????THE FUCK????

How the hell is it... it's like... treated like it's some natural inborn characteristic of the human species??? Like "Walking on two legs? All right, check. Speaking? Ok. Hates jewish people? Yep. Looks like we're all good, this human's ready."

Sometimes I'm glad I was raised in  a basement in the middle of nowhere.

I just don't get it.

Everyone hates Jewish people because 1 we killed Jesus even though the Romans literally crucified him 2 Jewish people were barred from owning land the only way to earn $ was to collect $ for Kings getting our hands dirty which led to resentment which oddly enough forced us to get into the business of banking and money lending.  The Church used to borrow a lot of $ from Jewish owned banks that they didn’t want to pay back.  

So... here's where my ignorance probably gets me into trouble, so apologies beforehand. Gonna go reverse-wise on the points here.

#2- being forced into undesirable roles in society is a symptom of the hatred, not a cause of it. I mean yeah I'm sure it exacerbated it, but antisematism was around way before...

#1- Jesus was like, 6,000 years or so after jewish people split off from the rest of the middle-eastern polytheists, and a long time after like Moses et al. was being persecuted and shit, so again, this really seems like, well I mean it is 100% scapegoating and not addressing the issue here. Just kind of shifting the goal posts, exactly like the banking thing (exactly like the hollywood thing that came later- which, fun fact I learned while researching jewish oppression: the film industry contains a disproportionate amount of jewish people because when Henry Ford tried to start the film industry in new york he wouldn't allow jewish people to be involved at all, so they started their own thing that became more popular and culturally influential (like when MTV wouldn't feature black artists so they started BET and then rap music gained more widespread popularity).

So again, stuck here with "People hate jewish people because of X" "But isn't X just Y moved up a few hundred years?"

That is to say... I can't grasp the circular logic here, it really feels like the only explanation I'm getting is "Everyone in the world hates jewish people because a few hundred years ago everyone hated jewish people because a few hundred years ago everyone hated jewish people..."

And I feel like even asking that question, and especially arguing back when I get an answer, can be seen as anti-semitism...

I'm ignorant as hell.

It makes me sad.

But honestly I have no right to understand it, or be sad about it, because I'm an outsider to it.

It's fucking weird man.

I mean, I know you know that.

But it's fucking weird.

26 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Well, the "cope with it" part was unsaid here.  Much of the bigotry people learn is from innocuous sources and tend to be something we simply suppress as either being stereotypical or of explicit racism in origin.  The older I get  the more I can appreciate the fact that it's not really enough to identify these subtle forms of racism; understanding the origins of this bigotry also exposes how it alters thinking in other ways.

A fairly obvious example is the "miserly jew" racist stereotype which just about everyone knows is harmful and should be "suppressed."  Some people are aware that it actually derives from Medieval Europe where victims of the diaspora were relegated to jobs in mercantile and money lending because they were outsiders wherever they happened to land.  The problem is that this myth is often conflated with modern examples of prominent Jewish financiers, many of whom actually were outsiders in this country from an entirely different forced emigration from Europe.  To be clear, this isn't about "overthinking" whether or not the core belief is offensive or abhorrent - that doesn't change regardless of the source.  To use a parallel example - it's not a simple matter of dispelling the belief just because it's the product of ancient or unenlightened thought just as it isn't a simple matter of saying racism shouldn't exist because we liberated slaves 164 years ago.  Some of the more famous Jewish financiers of the early 20th Century didn't emigrate into the United States with a strong banking background, they came from extreme poverty in Eastern Europe where they were geopolitically isolated.  Understanding that, and understanding how they were a product of an evolved form of anti-semitism has an impact on perception:  while Nazis nurtured a traditional form of bigotry to justify the Holocaust and, thus, passed it on to us, the vast majority of their victims weren't rich / well to do and were not hated simply because they were successful.

Sorce brings up a good point on this:

42 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

I wouldn't call it 'latent'. I think our social structure just keeps giving bigotry opportunities to always be present.

It isn't latent in that sense that it is hidden or stationary.  It's latent in the sense that bigoted attitudes doesn't all come from the same source.  So, it's not necessarily enough to say that "it's wrong, so I simply won't think that," you also have to acknowledge why specifically it's wrong and how it might not entirely be the product of racism.  The successful Jewish people we see around us in the United States today aren't the direct product of medieval xenophobia, they're the product in part of the same post-industrial revolution upheaval that forces many other European groups into abject poverty.  Their identity played a part in them being marginalized and can't be overstated, but ignoring the other factors has the unintended consequence of dehumanizing them or shaping them into beings with capabilities the rest don't have.

Still, you're not wrong in saying it's all fucked up because it is.  We're constantly bombarded by bigotry and continually confronting the awful truth that people we care about passed on harmful attitudes, sometimes unknowingly.  I don't want to compare being a modern white man to being an alcoholic, but in a way it is.  There will never be a time in my life where I can't think about what I'm saying because there will never be a time when I can't be aware of how what I say might evoke some form of bias that has taken millennia to develop and manifest.  Bleak as that might sound, I don't see that as a negative, it's part of being human and it's how we become greater than the sum of our instincts.  "Suppressing" racist attitudes doesn't help you become better; "coping" or acknowledging that you learned bigotry at some point and that you're actively trying to understand where it came from and why you learned it is how you not only stop the attitude but replace it with a more healthy one.

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

I wouldn't call it 'latent'. I think our social structure just keeps giving bigotry opportunities to always be present. We know teaching kids from an early age to be more accepting is important, and Republicans are actively destroying those efforts. There's also the problem of giant spreaders of misinformation like Alex Jones and Joe Rogan, both of whom were called harmless back in the day because they were entertaining, who gave pulpits to every bigot who wanted to be on their shows. I genuinely don't even know how to guess how much harm they've caused over the years.

Part of the problem is that even when we teach our kids that acceptance is important, we don't teach them about how those who are different from us relate to us.  For instance, white kids don't really get taught how they have inherent advantages even though they might be taught about practices like redlining and racially motivated gerrymandering.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that one needs to approach curriculum with the proper framework in place.  It's easy for the Jones' and Rogans' of the world to attack education because there is an improper delineation between individual racist occurrences throughout history and the entitlement that fostered them.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Part of the problem is that even when we teach our kids that acceptance is important, we don't teach them about how those who are different from us relate to us.  For instance, white kids don't really get taught how they have inherent advantages even though they might be taught about practices like redlining and racially motivated gerrymandering.  A lot of it has to do with the fact that one needs to approach curriculum with the proper framework in place.  It's easy for the Jones' and Rogans' of the world to attack education because there is an improper delineation between individual racist occurrences throughout history and the entitlement that fostered them.

What I'm saying is that there are movements trying to improve how those things are taught right now. Unfortunately, Covid was a setback, and then bigots got hip to misnaming anything remotely successful(calling it CRT), going harder to ban books, and harassing teachers. There are also pushes to increase critical thinking skills when it comes to mass media at a young age, but when news gets out about those lessons at some schools, the parents are rounded up into a mob to fight against it.

And this isn't just a school issue. Republicans are using state laws to ban books from public libraries so access to sources outside of schools that can improve these problems are shrinking in those areas. This also affects the publishing industry because publishers You know what, nix that last part because it'll piss me off talking about it before I finish my work that's already behind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

What I'm saying is that there are movements trying to improve how those things are taught right now. Unfortunately, Covid was a setback, and then bigots got hip to misnaming anything remotely successful(calling it CRT), going harder to ban books, and harassing teachers. There are also pushes to increase critical thinking skills when it comes to mass media at a young age, but when news gets out about those lessons at some schools, the parents are rounded up into a mob to fight against it.

And this isn't just a school issue. Republicans are using state laws to ban books from public libraries so access to sources outside of schools that can improve these problems are shrinking in those areas. This also affects the publishing industry because publishers You know what, nix that last part because it'll piss me off talking about it before I finish my work that's already behind.

That is true.   It always bears repeating:  why are people so afraid of feeling guilty about what actually happened to black people (and brown and asian) if racism has been eradicated?