UnevenEdge

Dazed and confused, Kanye edition

André Toulon

5 hours ago, Poofy said:

u guys are alil trigger happy w/those imho

Well, yeah.  A dude that threatens to kill his ex wife’s boyfriends, spouts open bigotry on top of admiration for genocidal monsters, and threatens suicide is probably a good candidate for a psych evaluation.  But, 5150s are disproportionately used to terrorize women, LGBTQ+ individuals and minorities.

7 hours ago, Poofy said:

u guys are alil trigger happy w/those imho

In this case, not really. Kanye is a man with a diagnosed major psychiatric illness who is unmedicated and obviously manic. If he didn't have money and clout, he'd have been committed already. He is going to kill himself and/or somebody else, and, although I honestly can't work up too much sympathy for any of the involved adults, I feel badly that his kids are going to be left suffering.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mthor said:

In this case, not really. Kanye is a man with a diagnosed major psychiatric illness who is unmedicated and obviously manic. If he didn't have money and clout, he'd have been committed already. He is going to kill himself and/or somebody else, and, although I honestly can't work up too much sympathy for any of the involved adults, I feel badly that his kids are going to be left suffering.

The point isn't so much that Kanye needs to be committed, it's that the mechanism for doing it has been used as a cudgel by white cisgender men to keep others compliant.  It's not just pretty white pop stars like Britney Spears, fifty-one-fiftys have been used by disapproving families on their LGBTQ+ members as well.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Well, yeah.  A dude that threatens to kill his ex wife’s boyfriends, spouts open bigotry on top of admiration for genocidal monsters, and threatens suicide is probably a good candidate for a psych evaluation.  But, 5150s are disproportionately used to terrorize women, LGBTQ+ individuals and minorities.

Maybe he thinks it's funny....ever think about that.

4 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Maybe he thinks it's funny....ever think about that.

I have.

The troll argument only goes so far.  He’s not phrasing his bile as jokes, so he can’t possibly contextualize what he’s doing as a “humorous” even if he thinks the reaction by other people is worthy of ridicule.  Consequently it’s far more likely he intends to punish others rather than get them to laugh at their fecklessness.

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

I have.

The troll argument only goes so far.  He’s not phrasing his bile as jokes, so he can’t possibly contextualize what he’s doing as a “humorous” even if he thinks the reaction by other people is worthy of ridicule.  Consequently it’s far more likely he intends to punish others rather than get them to laugh at their fecklessness.

The goal of a troll is not to be funny to others, it's to amuse themselves by making other people angry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

The goal of a troll is not to be funny to others, it's to amuse themselves by making other people angry.

Which is what he's doing, but the way it looks to me isn't he wants to commit suicide as much as he wants anyone to make an attempt on his life....whether he wants that to happen to die or to get attention is where I'm stuck picking a fork

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm not saying the guy is trying to be a comedian.  Even trolls have a purpose when that purpose is just starting up drama and watching it unfold (like a cat knocking a vase off a table).  But, I'm telling you Kanye has a bigger purpose here.  The guy isn't throwing away all his businesses, his terrible rap career, and his family just to sit back and piss people off - that's next level commitment

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Which is what he's doing, but the way it looks to me isn't he wants to commit suicide as much as he wants anyone to make an attempt on his life....whether he wants that to happen to die or to get attention is where I'm stuck picking a fork

Claming suicidal tendencies is a narcissists playbook for exerting power, and it doesn't include any actual intent to commit suicide.  This is all about punishing people,  He's punishing his dumpster fire of a wife for leaving him.  He's punishing the jews because they're the default bogeymen for people in power.  He's even punishing his fellow blacks because they're no propping his worthless ass up.  The key difference between how you and I differ here is just how much animus we each see in his erratic and aimless holy war.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:37 AM, André Toulon said:

Lol, now this is hilarious....who tf loses an honorary degree.

Guess his album name stands.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kanye-west-degree-rescinded-school-of-the-art-institute-of-chicago/#app

Kanye West is among legends now. Bill Cosby lost an honorary doctorate from Carnegie Mellon, but I think Cosby has a doctorate that he actually worked for cuz I swear as a kid the end credits of Fat Albert showed a PhdE after his name or something like that 

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kanye West is among legends now. Bill Cosby lost an honorary doctorate from Carnegie Mellon, but I think Cosby has a doctorate that he actually worked for cuz I swear as a kid the end credits of Fat Albert showed a PhdE after his name or something like that 

Yep, Cosby has an official real doctorate in education that probably can never be revoked. 

He's got a ton of honorary doctorates from various universities that could be revoked but considering both his age and his being mostly out of the public eye at this point, even if any of them were to be revoked, it probably wouldn't register with anyone - he'd still be entitled to the 'Doctor' title. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Given his perchance for showing up unannounced at the most inopportune times, I would think any radio silence from him would be as great a cause of concern if not more than if he was actually missing.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Some of that seems preposterous.  But, I don’t doubt the school was mismanaged.

I think this being over race is a long shot....plain and simple they rocked Kanye's boat and he's just like every other idiot with money....he doesn't care what he's in violation of until it costs. If you can't fall in line, you gotta go.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I think this being over race is a long shot....plain and simple they rocked Kanye's boat and he's just like every other idiot with money....he doesn't care what he's in violation of until it costs. If you can't fall in line, you gotta go.

I don’t doubt it, though some of the other complaints make me wonder how much control he had over the operation.  The sushi thing reeks of mismanagement at the intermediate level if even remotely true.

• 1 month later...

So, bumping this old turd just to say...I dunno. I think they successfully replaced Kanye and are having trouble trying to duplicate his shenanigans with this imposter.

I haven't heard him talk at all since he's gotten with his new chick and I think that's just too hard to replicate so they just keep putting up weird pics of him.

Even at his most nanners, Kanye never looked depressed...manic AF, but not bummed tf out.

Screen-Shot-2023-05-27-at-11.29.49-AM-759x500.png

• Like 1