UnevenEdge

Post a picture of yourself: version selfie

Naraku4656

Just now, Sawdamizer said:

I think Lil Wayne said, "Stay Ray Charles to the bullshit"

I seem to recall that. But I squinted my way into my 30s. I got my first pair of glasses since I was 10 at about 32. Vanity was my muse until I almost hit a lake at night trying to come out from this chick house on the country....the shine from the metallic rope around it reflected in the light and I was like....Ok, fuck...I'm blind 

4 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I seem to recall that. But I squinted my way into my 30s. I got my first pair of glasses since I was 10 at about 32. Vanity was my muse until I almost hit a lake at night trying to come out from this chick house on the country....the shine from the metallic rope around it reflected in the light and I was like....Ok, fuck...I'm blind 

Most people who can't see very well but are too vain to wear glasses usually get contacts.... Don't they???

25 minutes ago, jezebelthenun said:

The speedbumps are peeeeeeeeepoooole

I live my life one quarter mile at a time, sweetcheeks... if you ain't double clutchin you granny shiftin... for those 10 seconds or less, im free.... look...Hector is going to be running 3 Honda Civics with spoon engines. And on top of that he just came into Harry's and he ordered 3 T66 turbos, with NOS, and a Motec system exhaust.

Just now, renjifan said:

This! I hated wearing contacts. Much prefer my glasses! 🤓

I got used to putting in gas permeable contacts when I still wore corrective lenses, but it was kind of dangerous because I was still in the field and dust could cause a whole lot of irritation.  Last five or so years I almost completely stopped wearing contacts.

3 hours ago, renjifan said:

Loved wearing contacts.  But the need to carry both sunglasses and readers coupled with allergies pretty much ruined them for me. 

I've still got around 3/4's a years worth of disposables from 4 years ago.

21 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Contacts are hard....Seeing shit at the last minute was a solid plan....Reflexes like greased lightning.

20 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Putting shit in your eyes isn't as fun as it sounds.

Yes scoob, I know this from experience.... but my solution wasn't to just be practically blind, it was to wear glasses.

18 hours ago, renjifan said:

See, she gets it. ^^

3 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Yes scoob, I know this from experience.... but my solution wasn't to just be practically blind, it was to wear glasses.

In general, the first action of someone who is too vain to wear glasses is to simply not wear the glasses, not replace them with contacts.  I know people who were vain about wearing them, and that's how they acted.

I wore contacts for a while, but they were causing me to lose my vision completely. I had to have tear duct implants. Yes that is a real thing. So, I just had to deal with glasses. I don't like glasses because of smears, and rain. But it is what it is. Wear them and see, or don't and be blind. I'm too old to be vain, so wearing them it is.

Edited by resurrected
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, resurrected said:

I wore contacts for a while, but they were causing me to lose my vision completely. I had to have tear duct implants. Yes that is a real thing. So, I just had to deal with glasses. I don't like glasses because of smears, and rain. But it is what it is. Wear them and see, or don't and be blind. I'm too old to be vain, so wearing them it is.

That's very interesting.... the reason I tried contacts in the first place, was because (back around the year 1997) my eye doctor told me wearing hard contact lenses could help reshape my eye and correct my vision to where I hopefully wouldn't need any type of lenses anymore.

From what I've read on the Internet this was actually a real theory at one point but has since been debunked. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That's very interesting.... the reason I tried contacts in the first place, was because (back around the year 1997) my eye doctor told me wearing hard contact lenses could help reshape my eye and correct my vision to where I hopefully wouldn't need any type of lenses anymore.

From what I've read on the Internet this was actually a real theory at one point but has since been debunked. 

I think I had a thread asking something like this, but in my experience, no lenses permanently correct vison.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 6:00 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That was the theory for quite a while.  It was one of the reasons I got gas permeable contacts.  (The other being the damn things didn't tear when you put them in.) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That was the theory for quite a while.  It was one of the reasons I got gas permeable contacts.  (The other being the damn things didn't tear when you put them in.) 

How are gas permeable contacts? My eyes are bad enough where soft contacts are no longer an option and I'm considering getting some.

1 minute ago, Le Guignon said:

How are gas permeable contacts? My eyes are bad enough where soft contacts are no longer an option and I'm considering getting some.

You take good care of them, they're comfortable enough.    But, they're small and easy to lose if dropped.  You can't sleep with them in. If you don't wash them and store them every night, they can be really problematic.  I never had a problem with them performance-wise.

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

You take good care of them, they're comfortable enough.    But, they're small and easy to lose if dropped.  You can't sleep with them in. If you don't wash them and store them every night, they can be really problematic.  I never had a problem with them performance-wise.

Are gas permeable contacts the same as hard contacts? Because if so, fuck them, fuck them to hell. @Le Guignon get yourself some glasses instead.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

They are harder than soft, yes.  

Not really what I was asking.... I don't remember what my eye doctor called them exactly, but my mom referred to them as "hard lenses" when I wore them, and she had experience with them too (not sure if she eventually moved to soft lenses). Never heard (or don't recall) the term gas permeable. Just wondering if we're talking about the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Not really what I was asking.... I don't remember what my eye doctor called them exactly, but my mom referred to them as "hard lenses" when I wore them, and she had experience with them too (not sure if she eventually moved to soft lenses). Never heard (or don't recall) the term gas permeable. Just wondering if we're talking about the same thing.

Hard lens isn’t necessarily a specific type of lens.  When I had contacts, the gas permeable lenses were relatively new and more or less replaced older hard lens types.