UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

17 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

Have you tried it yet? I haven't. I don't want to either. lol

16 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Such an affront to the Pepsi name.

And I’m not really a Pepsi drinker, so my opinion is totally valid.

8 hours ago, Seight said:

C'mon PepsiCo, nobody needs diabetes that quickly.

My rant is I did indeed try it. I was at the store finally [ the apartment was snowed in for a couple of days ] and impulsed a Peep Pepsi since I wanted sugar water with my adulting groceries. 

It is literally the taste of a Yellow Peep that was dissolved in a bottle of Pepsi. You can almost taste the screaming and that's saying something since I have a tendency to nuke Peeps. 

• Like 4

On 3/12/2023 at 10:46 PM, scoobdog said:

Postscript:  that umpire was indeed suspended indefinitely.

It was the right decision. At the same time, however, you're not supposed to show up the home plate umpire, and I think the batter did by showing him how far that pitch was out of the strike zone. He's lucky he didn't get ejected from the game. (Doesn't make the ensuing strike call right though.)

18 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

It was the right decision. At the same time, however, you're not supposed to show up the home plate umpire, and I think the batter did by showing him how far that pitch was out of the strike zone. He's lucky he didn't get ejected from the game. (Doesn't make the ensuing strike call right though.)

He didn’t get ejected because that was literally the last out.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

He didn’t get ejected because that was literally the last out.

I know, but Ive seen instances where the home plate umpire would toss the guy immediately after the game was over so I was expecting it when I first saw it. (Plus, I mean the umpire could've tossed the batter before the controversial pitch because the previous pitch, which was also called a strike, was also bad and he jumped up and down in disbelief.)

Edited by SuperWastedOnLife

1 hour ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

I know, but Ive seen instances where the home plate umpire would toss the guy immediately after the game was over so I was expecting it when I first saw it. (Plus, I mean the umpire could've tossed the batter before the controversial pitch because the previous pitch, which was also called a strike, was also bad and he jumped up and down in disbelief.)

There is no point to ejecting someone when the game is already over.  Also, I’ve never seen anyone ejected for jumping.

39 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m in a Facebook group called “Inappropriate Memes”. Why the fuck are people, who are also willing members of this same group, getting offended when I post inappropriate memes? 😐

some people just love getting offended,"
they haven't dislodged the proverbial stick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So let me understand this correctly: You trolled the fuck out of me because you were jealous of the fact I married a woman who in your own words is very attractive and you only called her ugly because you knew it would get under my skin? That explains everything. Fuck off, pal.

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SuperWastedOnLife said:

So let me get understand this correctly: You trolled the fuck out of me because you were jealous of the fact I married a woman who in your own words is very attractive and you called her ugly because you knew it would get under my skin? That explains everything. Fuck off, pal.

The good news is, you will (hopefully) never have to put up with that bullshit again. But if you do, you will have plenty of backup.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 2:24 PM, The_annoying_one said:

I’m in a Facebook group called “Inappropriate Memes”. Why the fuck are people, who are also willing members of this same group, getting offended when I post inappropriate memes? 😐

Update Time:

I have since been suspended from this group because someone posted a clip from Family Guy as a meme, which I nicely disagreed with. A clip from a TV show is not necessarily a meme, and no one will convince me otherwise. Anyway, I got suspended (or my membership is “under review”, whatever the hell that means.

This happened yesterday. Meanwhile, I can still see/react to anything. I just can’t post anymore memes.

My rant here is that, since my suspension (and well before it), I have seen people say way worse things than I did, and they don’t seem to get in trouble. Seems kinda backwards to me…….

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to finalizing the flights for the Con. 

Now I just need to clear five frickin' projects for it - all new things, four that I've never attempted before, one that doesn't even have the proper moldings to attempt which mean I have to design and build things before I can make things. -.-; 

I'm already tired.

• Like 1

Today is my mom’s first birthday since she passed away in October. As a result, I have not been in a good place mentally today.

But that’s not my rant. My rant is this: My sister stopped by with all 3 of her kids today. That’s fine. I kinda enjoyed the company. The problem is that all 3 kids brought their scooters….but they didn’t take them all home.

No, see, they decided to leave one strategically placed right at the bottom of my wheelchair ramp outside. I didn’t see it because I always go down the ramp backwards. I hit the scooter, flipped over backwards, and landed back-first on my driveway.

Then, I had to get my sister back over here to pick my ass up. Fuck it. I’m going to bed early tonight. 😐

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

AI bros who put an artitst's work through one of those programs thinking they created a better version and then send said piece they improved(actually fucked up the composition, colors, shading, proportions, etc) to the artist, deserve to be kicked in the face. WHO BREED YUH?

Edited by DragonSinger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I just don’t want anyone else to get whatever I’ve got.

But I like your answer a lot more. 🤣🤣

It was either because you're sick (and still haven't called the doctor ((or did, haven't stalked lurked been on long enough to know)) or because...well...hermits.  Lol, the stereotypical hermit doesn't live with other people. 

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

It was either because you're sick (and still haven't called the doctor ((or did, haven't stalked lurked been on long enough to know)) or because...well...hermits.  Lol, the stereotypical hermit doesn't live with other people. 

I called the doctor this morning, and I face the medical jury tomorrow morning. I’m not quite a hermit….yet. I do enjoy being around some people. Don’t tell anyone, though. 

13 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I called the doctor this morning, and I face the medical jury tomorrow morning. I’m not quite a hermit….yet. I do enjoy being around some people. Don’t tell anyone, though. 

Don't worry, your secret's safe with...everyone on the internet.

Why does this remind me of some stupid pop up about mansions from the other day.  Oh!  I remember...I was thinking of you and Gemini living together as hermits and then I remembered Jennifer Lopez who split her giant-ass mansion in half and lived with her ex but...never had to see him.  Sorry, that was just another useless node!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

How the hell is insurance gonna deny a new wheelchair for a man who has literally always needed one?

I hate this world sometimes.

Jfc, but I know all too well what you mean... insurance seems to have become a real joke after I could finally afford it.

It's literally like "hey, I need this surgery to help me breath, will you pay for it"

Insurance: "breathing is a cosmetic luxury....we got $120 on your inhaler tho"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Jfc, but I know all too well what you mean... insurance seems to have become a real joke after I could finally afford it.

It's literally like "hey, I need this surgery to help me breath, will you pay for it"

Insurance: "breathing is a cosmetic luxury....we got $120 on your inhaler tho"

I think the problem is I asked for a power chair this time. I’ve always used manual. But I’m getting older & some things are getting harder to do.

Meh…. I have 2 types of insurance. One agreed to pay their half. I can probably front the other half if I have to. That’s just a lot of money I’d rather not have to spend.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I think the problem is I asked for a power chair this time. I’ve always used manual. But I’m getting older & some things are getting harder to do.

Meh…. I have 2 types of insurance. One agreed to pay their half. I can probably front the other half if I have to. That’s just a lot of money I’d rather not have to spend.

See, I can get denying me because what's causing my swollen passages isn't on the forefront of health concerns because it's kinda rare.

But in your case, I can't even fathom them denying it, even if it is a power chair. Clearly I don't know the rules when it comes to that, but an older person needing an automatic chair should be a no brainier.

But I'll end this Convo here....Mthor will have our asses for discussion in the spleen thread.

• Thanks 2