UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

Ancient kitty keeps getting dog claws [ her front claws get extra thick because she isn't shedding them properly because old chonk ]. So anytime I notice that she's walking weird again, I scoop her up and clip the claws for her so they finish shedding [ all over the dang place ] . 

She was walking weird, she knew what was coming, she ran for it but I still caught her chonky ass and clipped the claws.

She is now doing the abused prisoner act in her cat tree. So abused. So staring at me. Stop staring at me, chonk. I feed you. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:20 AM, The_annoying_one said:

How the hell is insurance gonna deny a new wheelchair for a man who has literally always needed one?

I hate this world sometimes.

Learned this morning that the (possible) reason they denied me is because I apparently owe them something like $350. For what, I have no friggin’ clue. I mean, I guess I’ll pay it whenever I feel like it. Just seems like a really stupid reason to deprive someone of something that they literally can’t live (at least comfortably) without.

Edited by The_annoying_one

the v.a. decided to hire a 3rd party to deal with phones.

i have cussed out 6 employees of said service, 2 techs, and left a really shitty message for patient advocacy.

i suspect, i'll get even less help now. 

AND STOP THANKING ME FOR MY FUCKING SERVICE! just get me the fucking appointments i need!

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I’m doing my damndest to make Pernil, and it is good, but I always feel like I miss one or two things my mother does with it.  Especially the skin.  I will go mad trying to cook as well as Mom.

Edited by Jman

My favorite pair of Canadian geese once again mocked the landscapers and built their nest in the most ridiculous [ but secure enough ] spot. Yesterday she was doing pop-up dancing so things were moving fast. This morning he was out in the yard announcing hatchlings to the world.

On the way home from work, they were gone so I biked up to the nest just to make sure everything was okay. One egg was left with a tiny starter hole and a feather sticking out. I really thought I felt something move but when I had finally peeled away enough shell to get to the hatchling and get him out into the air there was nothing. So close to being hatched with the others. :( 

• Sad 2

Well, that Walmart delivery order was a damn disaster. They set it up for pickup instead of delivery. Pickup is absolutely useless for someone who can’t drive.

I try to cancel the order, but I couldn’t do it myself. I had to chat with a bot.  Finally got it cancelled though…. I think. Guess I’ll try to figure out something else to eat tonight. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

I so want to get a guitar built by the Fender Custom Shop, but I don't have enough money to pay it off at once. Why do custom guitars have to cost an arm and a leg? Hasa diga eebowai!

This is the guitar I "designed" on the Fender Custom Shop website. It's $1,899.99 plus tax and shipping.

The Fender Custom Shop Gemini Telecaster Deluxe.jpg

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

One of the things the old forums helped me with was my shitty childhood. I always hoped I'd get away from it and yet I just spent 9 hours driving to pick my mom up for her first visit ever in 10 years and she got mad at me in less than 24 hours because I bought her a new suitcase. This is after she'd told me it would be nice to have a kid who can take care of you when you're old. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

20 years later and I'm still trapped in a way. I'm angry at her but I'm also angry at myself for still wasting my own time.

• Sad 3

10 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

One of the things the old forums helped me with was my shitty childhood. I always hoped I'd get away from it and yet I just spent 9 hours driving to pick my mom up for her first visit ever in 10 years and she got mad at me in less than 24 hours because I bought her a new suitcase. This is after she'd told me it would be nice to have a kid who can take care of you when you're old. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

20 years later and I'm still trapped in a way. I'm angry at her but I'm also angry at myself for still wasting my own time.

Another related rant - now I think my dad is angry from 300 miles away!

He apparently tried calling me twice yesterday evening, which I didn't hear because I lost my phone. I'm constantly losing it because almost none of my comfy clothes have pockets in them so I set it down in weird places and forget. But he's always had this "I whistle, you jump" mindset so he takes it personally and loses his mind over it. He even called my cousin, who messaged me on FB saying he was "wigging out". Like...we're just sitting on the couch, what does he think is happening? He just can't stand anyone being outside his immediate, and unquestioning control.

I've called back maybe 4-5 times since yesterday night and he's not answering. I can't even with these people.

• Sad 3

so it wasn't rude when people kept standing directly in front of me for our little daily work meeting, but when i do it to others it is?

and a coworker thought it was cool to rest his elbow on my shoulder after i had finally had enough and pushed my way in front. really not happy about that. 

I'm trying so hard to not be a bitch but damn they're testing me

• Like 3

Long week, feeling tired, wanted something ridiculous along with my grocery run and grabbed one of those weird blind ball things where it has 5 separate compartments and you build whatever stupid thing is in there. This one was supposed to be a battle-ready dinosaur thingie. It was in their super clearance basket so whatever. Get home, peel all the parts open, start putting it together....there are two tail pieces and no extended neck piece. 

I put it together anyway. F-ing Chernobyl plesiosaur. Two tails and the head wedged on a firing pin facing the wrong direction. :D:D :D 

Snapshot_20230608_1.JPG

Now I know why they were all in the clearance basket. 1 out of every 14 is a short bus special and I won the prize. 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Gemini said:

IMPACT Wrestling, why do you still insist on having crappy camera work after all these years?

I just finished reading about Hulk Hogan's last appearance there on WrestleCrap, which is real.

Spoiler

Oh my god it was so cringe. 

• Like 3

I got a new Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet from Amazon the other day. It’s great. I’m loving it. But a day or two after purchasing it, I realized I needed a case for it. Well, the case came today. It specifically says “fits all Amazon Fire HD 10 tablets. It does not fit. Unless I’m just doing something wrong, which is highly likely. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by The_annoying_one
Nevermind. I'm an idiot. 👀

Ugh, friend got mad at me for, what, I don't even know. Getting anxious while playing diablo 4? He keeps running on ahead of me, and this stupid game keeps making me miss cut scenes and dialog because of it. So of course when it glitches out and we can't group up anywhere I would like for him to communicate where the fuck he is. And he just gets annoyed at stupid shit. 

Also, it really is second puberty, I do not need to be this emotional over his weird irritability. Sigh.

• Like 2

Yesterday, my sister and her kids came to visit me. I have 2 dogs in the house. One big, one small. The kids are terrified of my big dog, but they love the small one. They were in the living room playing with him when I passed by just in time to see the youngest kid ( 3 years old) with my small dog on the couch. He had my big dog's rope toy wrapped firmly around my small dog's neck as he then pushed him off the side of the couch.

Luckily, the rope slid off his neck before it strangled him, but he didn't act right the rest of the night. Livid doesn't even come remotely close to how I feel. May be time for some house bannings.

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Yesterday, my sister and her kids came to visit me. I have 2 dogs in the house. One big, one small. The kids are terrified of my big dog, but they love the small one. They were in the living room playing with him when I passed by just in time to see the youngest kid ( 3 years old) with my small dog on the couch. He had my big dog's rope toy wrapped firmly around my small dog's neck as he then pushed him off the side of the couch.

Luckily, the rope slid off his neck before it strangled him, but he didn't act right the rest of the night. Livid doesn't even come remotely close to how I feel. May be time for some house bannings.

Ohhhhh definitely set limits.  Clear and absolute limits.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

You ended up keeping that pit-type mixed breed you saved awhile back?

Sorry to hear the littlest pup got injured. Babies/tots can be real shitheads with pets. Maybe it will blow over in time.

2 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

You ended up keeping that pit-type mixed breed you saved awhile back?

Sorry to hear the littlest pup got injured. Babies/tots can be real shitheads with pets. Maybe it will blow over in time.

I did. It's going okay except the 2 don't always get along.

Yeah, toddlers are demons. It'll calm down eventually.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I'm gonna need an angry reaction option. x.x

• Like 2

After all of the work and money I put into my mom and cousin's visit, they ignored me from 4:30pm Sunday to the time they went back home just before 9am yesterday. They left without even saying goodbye. But mom remembered to take the $40+ worth of beef jerky I made her, stored in one of my best tupperware containers that I'll never see again. The woman has 0 shame or empathy.

As I haven't received even an FB message from my cousin, my take is that she's also upset with me. I got her number, though. She's back to sucking ass for money, because she's always been poor, a side effect of chronic unemployment. She tried to get my mom's inheritance, and now she's trying to get mine. She can have it, I have self-respect and a job. My parents weren't even going to leave me anything until my brother died, I'm so over it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

After all of the work and money I put into my mom and cousin's visit, they ignored me from 4:30pm Sunday to the time they went back home just before 9am yesterday. They left without even saying goodbye. But mom remembered to take the $40+ worth of beef jerky I made her, stored in one of my best tupperware containers that I'll never see again. The woman has 0 shame or empathy.

As I haven't received even an FB message from my cousin, my take is that she's also upset with me. I got her number, though. She's back to sucking ass for money, because she's always been poor, a side effect of chronic unemployment. She tried to get my mom's inheritance, and now she's trying to get mine. She can have it, I have self-respect and a job. My parents weren't even going to leave me anything until my brother died, I'm so over it.

I feel like you could use a hug. Would you like a hug?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Yes, it's been a rough week. :(

*hugs*
Sorry it’s over the internet and not in person. Still, I hope it helps. And it'll get better. I know it will. Just keep calm and carry on. And whenever you need to vent, we're here to listen. Always remember that.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

"Dad used to leave his guns laying on the couch, it made me uncomfortable as a kid."

Cousin: "He probably thought you were smart enough not to touch it."

"It was literally pointing into the living room."

Firearms are the Leading Cause of Death for Children in the United States But Rank No Higher Than Fifth in Other Industrialized Nations

Also, fuck you. :)

• Like 1