UnevenEdge

Haters/Complainers: Legacy of Spleen

mthor

The heat is bad enough but the wildfire smoke haze today was so bad the baby birds were falling out of their nests. I had to go pick up one very confused dumbass from the middle of the street before he got smushed this morning, shooed him towards a bush with a few more babies sitting under it looking lost. Found two others dead in the grass on the way home from work. There was one beggar sitting in my living room window a little bit ago looking for a handout before heading to a bush for the night. There's a kestral nest nearby too so now I'm worried I'll find a baby raptor sitting on the street looking stupid and needing to be moved to safety - the starlings just yell a little if you touch their kids [ at least they only yell a little when I'm moving them ] but the kestrals might try to punch me if they don't recognize me. 

too long, didn't read - the air is lava and the baby birds are ripe fruit all over the place. 

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

The heat is bad enough but the wildfire smoke haze today was so bad the baby birds were falling out of their nests. I had to go pick up one very confused dumbass from the middle of the street before he got smushed this morning, shooed him towards a bush with a few more babies sitting under it looking lost. Found two others dead in the grass on the way home from work. There was one beggar sitting in my living room window a little bit ago looking for a handout before heading to a bush for the night. There's a kestral nest nearby too so now I'm worried I'll find a baby raptor sitting on the street looking stupid and needing to be moved to safety - the starlings just yell a little if you touch their kids [ at least they only yell a little when I'm moving them ] but the kestrals might try to punch me if they don't recognize me. 

too long, didn't read - the air is lava and the baby birds are ripe fruit all over the place. 

fuck. that's mt. st. helen's air. i met a girl from WA when i lived in VT. they moved to a family home there, because the air had no signs of changing. they lived there for just the remainder of the school year, and part of the summer. never saw her again, but she was the coolest person i met. anne. 
she talked about animals just literally dropping dead. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Not gonna lie. I'm a little worried about eventually making a doctor's appointment for these nearly-daily headaches I've been getting.

Are you maybe dehydrated? You probably already considered that but I always try to ask myself the stupid questions first because I figure I messed something up. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, discolé monade said:

fuck. that's mt. st. helen's air. i met a girl from WA when i lived in VT. they moved to a family home there, because the air had no signs of changing. they lived there for just the remainder of the school year, and part of the summer. never saw her again, but she was the coolest person i met. anne. 
she talked about animals just literally dropping dead. 

We get 'bumble time' around here [ when some fledglings get a little too hyper and fall out of the nest a little early ] but I've never had bumbles everywhere. Its like someone shook several trees. I have to be careful walking around the building because I know the bushes have eyes currently and I don't want anyone spooked into the open. This weekend I'll see about pouring out some cuttlefish crackers by the feeder if it doesn't rain, the starlings seem to really like those things and I'm out of feeder seed.

Semi-related, the massive super blizzard that happened only a few months ago that buried my apartment may have killed off all the spring baby bunnies. :( I've only seen two little guys in two very separate areas and none from the warren nearest me. By now I usually would have tons of little mud-lumps dancing through the grass. If it isn't too hot to breath, it's too cold to live.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

Are you maybe dehydrated? You probably already considered that but I always try to ask myself the stupid questions first because I figure I messed something up. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I was actually born with a condition that I would rather not discuss here. But dehydration is something I probably do go through more than I know. And stupid questions are my expertise, so no worries there. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 1

I spend so much time practicing grappling and jiu jitsu, but I hate bringing it up in too much detail because I’m worried I’ll come off like an Internet Tough Guytm.  Jiu jitsu doesn’t make me think I’m a badass, it makes me mellow as shit.  But I can’t really share that outside of the people at my gym without feeling like a braggart and a jerk.

• Like 2

Me: "So this CM Punk interview on ESPN.com is just going to be him talking about how he can't legally talk about what happened between him and The Elite after All Out?"

Wrestling News Sites: "OH NO, THIS IS GONNA BE REALLY REALLY BAD FOR AEW, TRUST US!"

The Actual Interview: That first thing I said.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Me: "So this CM Punk interview on ESPN.com is just going to be him talking about how he can't legally talk about what happened between him and The Elite after All Out?"

Wrestling News Sites: "OH NO, THIS IS GONNA BE REALLY REALLY BAD FOR AEW, TRUST US!"

The Actual Interview: That first thing I said.

I missed it. I hope ESPN shows it again or they at least post it on YouTube.

19 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Just got a pretty official-looking email from Amazon confirming that the order I placed today is on the way. I didn't place an order today. What the shit?

I get those about once a week. If you are really leery, you can always go directly to your account on Amazon [ don't use the e-mail's herpe-links ] and check for anything on order there in case someone did hack your account. 

I hate days where I have things to do, not even all that hard things to do, and have no energy to actually finish anything. 

• Like 3

tried to come out to my dad but he didn't pick up the phone. i think he's in Vegas rn though so he's probably doing something fun somewhere loud. but fuck, i got so anxious trying to work myself up for the call. i know he'll probably be cool, but it's still scary as fuck coming out to your dad.

but it would be really nice for him to know me as his daughter. and to know what he thinks of my name. my middle name is a bit a tribute to my mom,i wonder if he'll notice that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

now we have two wonderful coworkers who are going to worry about every fucking thing ever and complain about how that's not the way it used to be done, like it matters. i am not here to care about anything that isn't my responsibility, this is a job. 

Edited by Lynnrael

holy shit it sucks when you like someone you know doesn't find you attractive and then they talk about someone they like that isn't available and you can't tell them that you relate because it's them that you relate about 

gotta be one of the most frustrating things

9 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

the only thing i miss about CA is that people knew how to drive. Colorado drivers are incompetent cowards who don't have anywhere important to be, apparently. so frustrating

It’s the scenery. lol

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Just imagine if Braun Strowman joined the Good Hands. “You’re gonna get these Good Hands!” :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I wonder if they get their insurance through Allstate? ("You're in good hands with Allstate." or something.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Why is it so hard to find flavored water that doesn't taste like pure sugar?

Counterpoint: Flavored water that just tastes like they left a fruit in regular water for 6 hours or something

• Like 2

DoorDashing Mickey D’s last night was a colossal mistake. By the time my food arrived (almost an hour after my order), my burger & fries were cold, the ice in my drink was melted. The fries had no salt, even though I asked for extra salt. And my drink didn’t even come with a straw.

And that’s all the good news. It also gave me a mild-to-medium case of possible food poisoning that kept me up all fucking night.

• Sad 1

I give up on people ever learning how to drive in way that doesn't put everyone on the road at risk

DO NOT FUCKING STOP ON A HIGHWAY BECAUSE YOU MISSED YOUR EXIT... ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE 3 LANES OVER FROM SAID EXIT

I hope a horse takes a shit on this lady

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

i really wish i could just come to work and do my job without worrying about coworkers being up my ass about every little thing. it's so fucking annoying. i don't want to care about this or any job any more than i have to, i do not have the energy to care more than i have to, because my spare energy needs to spent on things that actually matter to me. i wish this guy would just realize I'm not in the mood for his shit and leave me the fuck alone

i really need to cut back on weed but if this guy keeps bothering me I'm not gonna be able to be nice and sober, ones gonna have to go. ugh 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 3

if I'm not careful they're gonna fire me, but god fucking damnit I'm tired of running out of the gloves that work and having to deal with stained and dried out hands all day. i constantly moisturize and they still crack. and i think it's more than fair to say running out the supplies we need is a failing on the part of someone higher up. how dare they even expect us to work without the proper equipment? i would tell someone to hold off on working if they don't have gloves when it was my job to keep people supplied. i would take fucking responsibility if they had run out when it was, you know, my fucking responsibility to make sure they don't. 

I'm gonna say the wrong damn thing, and they're gonna fire me, but this is unacceptable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i probably seemed nervous bringing up the supply issues at today's meeting but i think i did a pretty good job of concealing how pissed off i was. 

ok maybe i was a little nervous, the hot people were there. that kinda helped with the rage i was feeling.

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Why do I feel like my brain can’t think good tonight?

i forget that most people don't live with executive dysfunction all the time lol

it's not so bad if i self medicate with caffeine but my brain will not function at all without it and that's not fun

4 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

i forget that most people don't live with executive dysfunction all the time lol

it's not so bad if i self medicate with caffeine but my brain will not function at all without it and that's not fun

In my case, I just feel like I’ve been out of it for the past few hours. Because earlier, while I was at the grocery store, I had made up vulgar lyrics to the tune of “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” by Elton John.

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 4