UnevenEdge

Fluctuating prices on fast food?

André Toulon

Oh yeah, that's going to go over well. 

All any other place needs to do to compete is advertise that they aren't pulling that crap. Then Wendy's will wonder why no one stops by anymore and they won't have the excuse of forgetting to unlock the lobby door 4 days out of 7. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I guess it’s a good thing I almost never eat Wendy’s. But I’m sure this’ll spill over to a bunch of other places eventually.

Only if people go along with it.  Luckily I haven’t eaten at Wendy’s in years, and like hell I’ll eat there now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Only if people go along with it.  Luckily I haven’t eaten at Wendy’s in years, and like hell I’ll eat there now.

And they definitely will....they will bitch about it but never stop spending the money. 

Remember when there was a movement to not use self checkouts and frequent places with cashier's because we care about these people's jobs....turns out that was a lie

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

And they definitely will....they will bitch about it but never stop spending the money. 

Remember when there was a movement to not use self checkouts and frequent places with cashier's because we care about these people's jobs....turns out that was a lie

Honestly self checkout helped a lot with social distancing so it's not exactly as black and white as this

6 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Honestly self checkout helped a lot with social distancing so it's not exactly as black and white as this

Yeah this would be more akin to self checkouts having a service fee for using them.

4 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I guess it’s a good thing I almost never eat Wendy’s. But I’m sure this’ll spill over to a bunch of other places eventually.

3 hours ago, Jman said:

they used to be really good. well...the fries and shake thingy. i didn't know other people dunked their fries into the shakes back then, i thought i was the only one. 

forgot to say my ^zinger^

they may have been secrectly getting people addicted the shake thingy for the past few years, maybe?

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

Long ago I decided I was going to try to make enough money where I don't have to think about the cost when I buy restaurant food. I reached that goal around 2021-ish. 

There's a difference between potentially being concerned about the current market price of lobster and someone deciding that mystery meat with cheese is going to cost a dollar more if you try to get it at 12:01p. 

If I know that Wendy's is going to be arbitrarily more expensive just as I'm headed home from work, I'll walk my ass to DQ if I want mystery meat with cheese. And...sucks to be Wendy's because DQ is right across the street from them. I'm out nothing, they are out that extra dollar. 

• Thanks 3

Damn.  I hope they paid Caleb’s NIL.

But, seriously, this is absurd to me.  Fast food, awful as it is, is a lifeline to the extremely poor and taking that away from them is catastrophic without stabilized prices and vastly improved access for fresh produce and meat.  I can only imagine what the rationale for this is other than a cynical prop for operators complaining about employee wages.

• Like 1

Wendy’s says it has no plans to raise prices during the busiest times at its restaurants

https://apnews.com/article/wendys-burger-pricing-ef75fa9214beddbd0d9d459f37722638

Alternative headline: Wendys absolutely planned to implement surge pricing until the backlash became impossible to ignore.

The shitty thing about this is that it will absolutely follow the enshitification trends we have seen everywhere. One company floats the idea, sees huge backlash, backs off idea, then someone else tries again in the future in a slightly modified way. This continues until the original horrible idea is in place and something is fully enshitified.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Top Gun said:

I used to think Wendy's was the best out of the Big Three...until they served me a chicken sandwich that was still raw in the middle. Between that and this I'm fine staying away. 

I stopped going to Wendy's as an early teen when I brought a burger back to the counter because they gave me cheese when I asked for no cheese, and after bitching at me they gave me a new burger that was clearly the same burger with the cheese scraped off via fingernails.

• Like 4

They won’t pay their employees more though and Wendy’s will get away with this they will show it was profitable and the other companies will follow suit. Only way to fight this is to not go to Wendy’s when they start their shit. They’re doing it cuz they know they can. They’re the better of the fast food places (at least out here it’s true) hungry people and families will suck up the extra cost and just pay it. Mark my words. We dumb as hell we can’t cooperate with each other so this will be our future. Only the Rich can eat at reasonable times the rest of the plebs will be having lunch at 9 am and dinner at 9:30 pm or 2 pm for the early birds 

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Wendy’s says it has no plans to raise prices during the busiest times at its restaurants

https://apnews.com/article/wendys-burger-pricing-ef75fa9214beddbd0d9d459f37722638

Alternative headline: Wendys absolutely planned to implement surge pricing until the backlash became impossible to ignore.

The shitty thing about this is that it will absolutely follow the enshitification trends we have seen everywhere. One company floats the idea, sees huge backlash, backs off idea, then someone else tries again in the future in a slightly modified way. This continues until the original horrible idea is in place and something is fully enshitified.

Corp: "No no no no no, we were never going to raise the bridge..we're going to lower the river!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5