UnevenEdge

Pop tarts are for adults

André Toulon

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2023 at 11:14 PM, André Toulon said:

Psychopaths that like brushing humongous flakes out of their chest hair 

This shit got floated so I just wanted to mention

Haven't had a poptart in over a decade, but I recently read a post on reddit where someone mentioned cooking them and then covering them in peanut butter

......now I really want to try it

• Like 2

I'm reminded of a professor I had in film school. He would buy Pop Tarts and eat them daily, almost for every "meal" of sorts? I mean he would eat other stuff, but that was his go-to snack. Can't say I blame him because they're gooooood. Plus, there's something rather...nostalgic about them.

55 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Years ago while working at a store, I checked the calories on the various flavors of Pop Tarts. The one with the fewest is like one of the chocolatey ones. 

Chocolate pop tarts are an abomination....

So are chocolate muffins, waffles, pancakes, and cereals except cookie crisp 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

For Christ sake I'm getting fucking old if they're starting an advertise stuff like this to us like we're old people we're fucking old.

Do you recall another instance where kid's snacks were marketed to "old" people?

It's seems you're drawing a parallel here, but I don't quite see it.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

First time you posted that, I couldn’t figure out how you could eat toaster strudel so wrong that shit was flaking all over your chest.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else but toaster strudel starts flaking as soon as you open it, and it leaves flakes that burn later in your toaster...pretty sure it's toaster strudel but maybe there's another breakfast treat in thinking of.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

Maybe I'm thinking of something else but toaster strudel starts flaking as soon as you open it, and it leaves flakes that burn later in your toaster...pretty sure it's toaster strudel but maybe there's another breakfast treat in thinking of.

I haven’t eaten Toaster Strudels in a long time, but I’m pretty sure you’re right. I definitely remember them being really flaky. I always liked ‘em anyway, though.

• Thanks 2

I was just cracking, not trying to make you all question your memories.  I kind of thought TS and PT were similiar in that respect.  I always had a problem with Pop Tarts crumbling when I was eating them:  they’re solid as a whole, but when you start getting to that thin piece bounding the filling, it starts breaking apart for me.   PTs are much easier to clean up after though.