UnevenEdge

You can either have one million dollars or a wallet that has a penny in it that magically has a new penny in it every time you pull the penny that was in the wallet out of the wallet.

Azalar Hex

Which?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• One million dollars
    • Wallet that has a penny in it that magically has a new penny in it every time you pull the penny that was in the wallet out of the wallet

So maybe you'd be able to average 20 pennies per minute. 20x60 = 12 dollars an hour. That's rather shit. Even if you managed to pull one per second, it would only be 36 an hour to do something very tedious. If you treat this as a full time job, at one penny per second for 40 hours a week, it would take you almost 15 years to go over one million.

One million dollars it is.

Edited by bnmjy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Penny Time!

Seriously, if I'm willing to grind for frickin' tumbleweeds on a video game just to get a slight increase in a shield, fear my ability to farm pennies from a magic wallet. 

I'm hanging that bitch upside down over a bucket whenever I'm bored. The banks will learn to fear my wheelbarrow. 

Plus, good luck taxing magic pennies. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Penny Time!

Seriously, if I'm willing to grind for frickin' tumbleweeds on a video game just to get a slight increase in a shield, fear my ability to farm pennies from a magic wallet. 

I'm hanging that bitch upside down over a bucket whenever I'm bored. The banks will learn to fear my wheelbarrow. 

Plus, good luck taxing magic pennies. 

It doesn't say the pennies will fall out, you have to pull the penny out with the previous penny. Ain't nobody got time for that. My hands will have cramped up before I get 20 dollars. 

• Like 1

I genuinely enjoy that this has become a small discussion.

Also you anti-penny people overlook the utility of hiring orphans to sit in a circle around your magic penny wallet taking turns to maximize efficiency of penny pulling.  You can pay them a penny an hour each and if any of them get sticky fingers you can tell their handlers to put "thief" on their adoption papers to ward off any potential parents.

Edited by Azalar Hex
  • Haha 3

The thing about this choice is that, yes, maybe you'd do better for yourself to take the million, bet on yourself to invest it right in whatever brings you joy, and come out fully sated. 

But the magical penny wallet. That's a failsafe for your lineage, a never go broke, infinite wealth recuperation tool that can help build an empire for your family over generations, or at least keep them fat and happy without having to work very hard. True it can be lost or stolen, but so can the lump sum cash, and unlike any portfolio it can be passed down and protected as a magical artifact that will ensure a guaranteed minimum level of wealth for its owner forever. At least until they stop minting the penny. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Azalar Hex said:

Also you anti-penny people overlook the utility of hiring orphans to sit in a circle around your magic penny wallet taking turns to maximize efficiency of penny pulling.  You can pay them a penny an hour each and if any of them get sticky fingers you can tell their handlers to put "thief" on their adoption papers to ward off any potential parents.

So I should become a corporation?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Azalar Hex said:

So I should become a corporation?

Doing math here stand back ...  I'm imagining very efficient quick hands managing 5 pennies per second.  3 dollars per minute.  180 dollars per hour.  $4,320 per day. $129,600 per average month.  $1,555,200 per year.

$87.60 to pay one child in a penny per hour.  $438 in total over five kids.

Assuming my math isn't absolute shit even with a calculator ( which is absolutely possible ), a million per year is easily possible.

EDIT:  There's also the consideration that you'd have a free source of whatever metal is used in the pennies.  Which, according to those in the US who are currently hoarding them, will be worth more than the penny itself when pennies are officially legal to melt down and sell for the materials themselves.  This isn't even considering which type of penny comes out.  I maybe should have clarified that a US penny comes out.

Edited by Azalar Hex

5 minutes ago, Azalar Hex said:

Doing math here stand back ...  I'm imagining very efficient quick hands managing 5 pennies per second.  3 dollars per minute.  180 dollars per hour.  $4,320 per day. $129,600 per average month.  $1,555,200 per year.

Assuming my math isn't absolute shit even with a calculator ( which is absolutely possible ), a million per year is easily possible.

So what happens when the US mint realizes the extra million dollars in friggin pennies that shows up every year. 

Where to I convert this amount of pennies. With my irresponsible farming, I could essentially hoard bills all while just replacing it all with pennies.... impossible in the long run, but assuming no one cared or paid attention, I could completely disassemble our monetary system, thus making my farmed millions worthless.

1mil, pls

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

So what happens when the US mint realizes the extra million dollars in friggin pennies that shows up every year. 

Where to I convert this amount of pennies. With my irresponsible farming, I could essentially hoard bills all while just replacing it all with pennies.... impossible in the long run, but assuming no one cared or paid attention, I could completely disassemble our monetary system, thus making my farmed millions worthless.

True.  You would have to be smart with your magic pennies.

Just now, André Toulon said:

Just read that out loud back to yourself.....This can't be a real question.

All the trillions of dollars in the world, all the billions of pennies they add into circulation each year -- nobody is going to notice the extra pennies you dug out of your wallet laying around. They're pennies. 

There's going to be a lot more questions about where you suddenly got a million dollars.

• Like 1

I would probably go with the penny.  The million dollars is instant money but you'd eventually make more with the penny and it's infinite money.  It's also completely possible to fuck up with a million dollars.

I'm sure I can live comfortably with how many pennies I can pull out in a few hours.

Edited by Sieg67
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nabreezy said:

Just read that out loud back to yourself.....This can't be a real question.

All the trillions of dollars in the world, all the billions of pennies they add into circulation each year -- nobody is going to notice the extra pennies you dug out of your wallet laying around. They're pennies. 🤯😆

There's going to be a lot more questions about where you suddenly got a million dollars.

You are a complete moron if you think at any point you can convert 1mil in penni.....

LOL, I almost did it....I almost took this seriously....

This jackass is gonna pull up at a fucking coinstar and try to farm a milly....fuckouttahere.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, André Toulon said:

This jackass is gonna pull up at a fucking coinstar and try to farm a milly....fuckouttahere.

...you're never going to have a million pennies at one time. You're going to do many frequent, small transactions converting the pennies into dollars. Regular paychecks. 

Nobody will notice, unlike you suddenly bathing in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

21 minutes ago, Azalar Hex said:

EDIT:  There's also the consideration that you'd have a free source of whatever metal is used in the pennies.  Which, according to those in the US who are currently hoarding them, will be worth more than the penny itself when pennies are officially legal to melt down and sell for the materials themselves.  This isn't even considering which type of penny comes out.  I maybe should have clarified that a US penny comes out.

Is the wallet indestructible? If so, why not just create a machine that constantly opens the wallet? No need to worry about exploitative labor anymore. Crank that shit up to 1000 openings a minute.

• Thanks 1

Help me understand the sentence because the way I'm reading the options are you get 1 million dollars or there's a magic wallet. You open your wallet to a penny. Everytime you open the wallet there's  a penny but you have to use the previous penny to retrieve the new penny. That's how the sentence reads to me. 

If that's the case there's no way you can pull multiple pennies out in a second consistently enough to make a profit.

The options didn't say anything about having to be responsible with the profits. Just seems like working for some pennies would be long and tedious when you could just get a million.

You could just start at Jeff Bezos vs slapping packages together in the Amazon warehouse and accumulating cripping back pain for 15 years until you're wearing orthopedic shoes and eating vending machine cupcakes until you get diabetes and a divorce 

Whether you choose to be a villain or blow it on hookers and cocaine is irrelevant 

35 minutes ago, Nabreezy said:

...you're never going to have a million pennies at one time. You're going to do many frequent, small transactions converting the pennies into dollars. Regular paychecks. 

Nobody will notice, unlike you suddenly bathing in hundreds of thousands of dollars.

So back to my original assertion....he's offering me a job. 

I have several of those...pull up with my bag.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vamped said:

but you have to use the previous penny to retrieve the new penny.

At first I was like where are you getting this but after rereading the OP there's a typo in the wallet description, "to" should be "you" - there is a new penny every time You pull out the old one. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Vamped said:

It doesn't say the pennies will fall out, you have to pull the penny out with the previous penny. Ain't nobody got time for that. My hands will have cramped up before I get 20 dollars. 

Do not underestimate my ability to figure out stupid crap to farm magic pennies with the least amount of labor on my part. 

I'm gonna make it RAIN!

It's obvious that none of you "penny pinchers" have ever been numismatists.  Have you ever had to handle gobs of pennies?  My Dad used to buy bags of pennies from the people who put the penny bubble gum dispensers in front of his store.  We'd go through them, looking for valuable coins (double dies that nobody noticed, little kids getting into their parent's coin collection).  Not only is lugging bags or rolls of pennies around tiresome, handling that copper-clad zinc leaves you tasting & smelling the metals involved for days.  

The last time I heard of a question like this, it was in HS Home Econ class, but the question was, "Would you rather have a Million dollars, or a penny in a savings account that doubles the balance everyday?"  In that case, you should opt for the penny.

• Thanks 1