UnevenEdge

the signs that you are getting old

Distortedreasoning

On 11/16/2021 at 7:36 PM, tsar4 said:

To Heck with AARP!  What you need is another cat or five!

I seriously would if I could. :( Kitties should always be in pairs at least to keep each other happy when the Treat Dispenser is at work and / or buying more treats. 

But my current monster was raised by raccoons and has never accepted the idea of other kitties sharing her space. 

I have to settle for beanie babies or something.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mthor said:

Don't worry. It'll go away.

I dunno how to feel about that lmao

Oh also, my knees pop like a lot, and if I sleep funky (like laying on one side too long) then my day is crap.

However i do like this teen generation so far and that the 90's style has made full circle. I knew it would come back. So I'm able to find bellbottoms now which is so choice.

19 minutes ago, Stonergoth187 said:

I dunno how to feel about that lmao

Oh also, my knees pop like a lot, and if I sleep funky (like laying on one side too long) then my day is crap.

However i do like this teen generation so far and that the 90's style has made full circle. I knew it would come back. So I'm able to find bellbottoms now which is so choice.

So 90s nostalgia of late 60s/early 70s fashion?

Far out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

So 90s nostalgia of late 60s/early 70s fashion?

Far out!

Well it's wierd, a much younger coworker told me i look like I'm "straight out of 1992" because of my bell bottoms, he even referred to them as "bellbottoms" and not "super flaires" as they were called late 90's. I was gonna mention the 70's era but thought better of it lol. Just funny he knew the term but not the origin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stonergoth187 said:

Well it's wierd, a much younger coworker told me i look like I'm "straight out of 1992" because of my bell bottoms, he even referred to them as "bellbottoms" and not "super flaires" as they were called late 90's. I was gonna mention the 70's era but thought better of it lol. Just funny he knew the term but not the origin.

"Superflares" sounds more like they'd be "Elephant Bells" - the really wide bells from the 70s.

• Thanks 1

Just tell me why I need sleep.. Like?  It's getting important enough to put on a grocery list at this point. I might just bathe an melatonin and hit a bit freebase at this point. 

🤨

3 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

This hasn't happened to me yet because I haven't brought this up yet, but it very well could happen.....

Having a 20 something balk at you for telling them you remember a time when thongs were a type of footwear rather than a type of underwear.

....how old are you again.

I'm aware they were called that but I don't think I've ever experienced it

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SnitchyMcRat said:

....how old are you again.

I'm aware they were called that but I don't think I've ever experienced it

My parents called them thongs. Any time I was around my peers I was probably wearing shoes and socks.

Oddly enough my grandma called them flipflops and I thought THAT was weird. 😆

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

This hasn't happened to me yet because I haven't brought this up yet, but it very well could happen.....

Having a 20 something balk at you for telling them you remember a time when thongs were a type of footwear rather than a type of underwear.

Um, I'm not 20, and I think of thongs as underwear. But then again, I call the footwear flipflops.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mthor said:

Um, I'm not 20, and I think of thongs as underwear. But then again, I call the footwear flipflops.

I remember calling them thongs. When thong underwear became a thing, it made the name of the footwear even funnier for no real good reason. :D 

And when I say I have a pair of whale thongs on the floor in the hallway, forget about it. :D:D:D