bnmjy

Are you vaccinated yet?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you vaccinated yet?

• Fully vaccinated
    • One dose of Moderna or Pfizer
    • Not yet
    • Never
  2. 2. Have you ever tested positive for COVID-19?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never tested
  3. 3. Which vaccine did you get?

• Pfizer
    • Moderna
    • Johnson & Johnson
    • Other
    • Not vaccinated

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/21 at 01:00 AM

So as I stated before, Biden wanted 70 percent of adults to receive at least one shot by July 4, 2021. We beat this goal by two months (previous poll ended May 1st):

Let's see our vaccination rates now. I also added a few extra questions.

Edited by bnmjy

12 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I'm still undecided on the vaccine. Feel like I don't really need it since I never really leave my house these days.

lol, quite a personal thing to reveal. I almost envy you. I like being a hermit, but at the same time I like being productive in the real world.

7 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

lol, quite a personal thing to reveal. I almost envy you. I like being a hermit, but at the same time I like being productive in the real world.

There are times when I wish I could get out of the house and do stuff, but stuff costs money and playing video games doesn't. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard. :P

Skipped the whole exposure / immune system training montage with a set of tailor made instructions via mRNA that just tell my cells how to make the necessary proteins directly... wild. I got really hungry about twenty minutes after each shot. Been two weeks since my second shot and I do not believe any zombification is taking place as of yet. Will continue reporting in.

Edited by Lasty

Poll is closed. I'm glad to see a high vaccination rate.

I finally stopped wearing my mask in public since yesterday, although I could have stopped much earlier according the CDC. I just wanted to wait until the vaccination rate was higher, and niw in my state over 75 percent of adults have at least one shot.

Edited by bnmjy
  • Like 1

I've been fully vaccinated since CVS first got the go-ahead. I did have a brain tickler test early on while laid off due to lingering health issue concerns but it was negative. 

I'll still wear a mask in indoor public places because I don't trust that the same people who were too delicate to wear a mask before there was a vaccine are now themselves fully vaccinated in order to...not wear a mask in public. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Poll is closed. I'm glad to see a high vaccination rate.

I finally stopped wearing my mask in public since yesterday, although I could have stopped much earlier according the CDC. I just wanted to wait until the vaccination rate was higher, and niw in my state over 75 percent of adults have at least one shot.

Must be nice. I think Georgia is like at 43% for single doses. Just found out my old neighbor's ex just croaked because even though he'd gotten heart surgery before and had other health issues, he didn't believe in no stinkin' vaccine.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Must be nice. I think Georgia is like at 43% for single doses. Just found out my old neighbor's ex just croaked because even though he'd gotten heart surgery before and had other health issues, he didn't believe in no stinkin' vaccine.

These fuckers down in south GA haven't been vaccinated, because they still think the virus is a hoax, with their Trump 2020 flags still flying.

Fully vaccinated here. My parents, disco and I, may be the only ones down here to get vaccinated. In south GA that is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I've been fully vaccinated since CVS first got the go-ahead. I did have a brain tickler test early on while laid off due to lingering health issue concerns but it was negative. 

I'll still wear a mask in indoor public places because I don't trust that the same people who were too delicate to wear a mask before there was a vaccine are now themselves fully vaccinated in order to...not wear a mask in public. 

I had the same sentiment too. It has gotten to the point where less than 20 percent of people wear masks in most places, and I just felt like an idiot wearing one at that point. I am relatively healthy and vaccinated after all.

23 minutes ago, DragonSinger said:

Yeah, I feel bad for anyone living in the South and taking this pandemic seriously.

Edited by bnmjy

2 hours ago, bnmjy said:

I had the same sentiment too. It has gotten to the point where less than 20 percent of people wear masks in most places, and I just felt like an idiot wearing one at that point. I am relatively healthy and vaccinated after all.

Yeah, I feel bad for anyone living in the South and taking this pandemic seriously.

You can't see it from here but I am nodding as hard as I fucking can.

• Like 1

I have to mention this again, but according to these polls we beat Biden's goal of 70 percent having at least one shot by 2 months. I'm really proud of this.

As it stands now, the US will not pass 70 percent by July 4. The current rate is about 66 percent. The good news is that the US will reach 70 percent some time in August.It has unfortunately come to the point where most of the currently unvaccinated will most likely never become vaccinated. 

• Like 1

Not yet, but I want the shot. It's been a matter of having my name and gender marker changed. My name change hearing was in April. After that, I had to update my Social Security card. That took over a month because I had to mail in my old SSI card, photo ID, a copy of the court order for my name change, and the form to change my name on the card. In late June, I went to the DMV to update my ID and voter registration, then to the Medicaid office to update my insurance info. Once both of my new Medicaid cards have arrived in the mail, I'll go to Walgreens and get the shot.

1 hour ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

Not yet, but I want the shot. It's been a matter of having my name and gender marker changed. My name change hearing was in April. After that, I had to update my Social Security card. That took over a month because I had to mail in my old SSI card, photo ID, a copy of the court order for my name change, and the form to change my name on the card. In late June, I went to the DMV to update my ID and voter registration, then to the Medicaid office to update my insurance info. Once both of my new Medicaid cards have arrived in the mail, I'll go to Walgreens and get the shot.

They don't even care if you show insurance cards or not. I personally know a few undocumented residents that got the shots. But do whatever feels right for you, of course.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bnmjy said:

They don't even care if you show insurance cards or not. I personally know a few undocumented residents that got the shots. But do whatever feels right for you, of course.

I didn't want to deadname or misgender myself on any paperwork. And I had no idea they didn't care whether you showed insurance or not until you mentioned it.

7 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I didn't want to deadname or misgender myself on any paperwork. And I had no idea they didn't care whether you showed insurance or not until you mentioned it.

When I registered for the shot online, it mentioned being sure to bring an insurance card. But when I got there, they neither wanted it or needed it because the shot is free. I think in the end the main concern was a valid ID just so they could keep accurate track how many people got the shots. I could always get a request for insurance info later on though if it turns out insurance companies themselves need to know who they are carrying that has the shot for whatever evil paperwork purposes they might think up. 

If you have all the other paperwork properly dealt with, you might not need the insurance work right now. I would suggest asking them about it. If the insurance thing isn't a thing currently, you might be able to get the shot no problem and have the proper insurance paperwork ready in the future should that info be needed then. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

You don't need anything except ID. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

When I registered for the shot online, it mentioned being sure to bring an insurance card. But when I got there, they neither wanted it or needed it because the shot is free. I think in the end the main concern was a valid ID just so they could keep accurate track how many people got the shots. I could always get a request for insurance info later on though if it turns out insurance companies themselves need to know who they are carrying that has the shot for whatever evil paperwork purposes they might think up. 

If you have all the other paperwork properly dealt with, you might not need the insurance work right now. I would suggest asking them about it. If the insurance thing isn't a thing currently, you might be able to get the shot no problem and have the proper insurance paperwork ready in the future should that info be needed then. 

I still plan on bringing my Medicaid cards just to be sure. But if I'm going to do that, I don't want to show a card with my deadname on it. I already got my Delaware Medicaid card in the mail, now I'm waiting on the Highmark card to arrive. I also have blood work and an appointment with my hormone doc coming up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I still plan on bringing my Medicaid cards just to be sure. But if I'm going to do that, I don't want to show a card with my deadname on it. I already got my Delaware Medicaid card in the mail, now I'm waiting on the Highmark card to arrive. I also have blood work and an appointment with my hormone doc coming up.

I want to say I never even showed ID when I went in for my shots, but we know all the people at the health dept so maybe we got off light...

Side note: wife and I have both been fully vaxed since April. We're both currently recovering from covid. Same goes for her dad and our daycare provider. Not sure if we have delta or something else, but the vax didn't stop it. On the plus side, nobody got severe, so maybe it helped out in that regard.

9 hours ago, bnmjy said:

Just adding my experience.  I got my two shots at Walmart.  They did ask if I had an insurance card but it didn't matter that I didn't have it on me.
To be far, I didn't go in to get the shot.  They walked up and asked me.

10 hours ago, wacky1980 said:

I want to say I never even showed ID when I went in for my shots, but we know all the people at the health dept so maybe we got off light...

Side note: wife and I have both been fully vaxed since April. We're both currently recovering from covid. Same goes for her dad and our daycare provider. Not sure if we have delta or something else, but the vax didn't stop it. On the plus side, nobody got severe, so maybe it helped out in that regard.

My dad got both his COVID shots in February, when it was only old people (he's in his 70s) and essential workers getting them. When my aunts and I took him to get his first shot, he was drunk off his ass. I'm surprised they even let him get the shot in his state, and he's had a problem with alcohol at least as long as I can remember. The second dose, he seemed sober and was on his best behavior.

I'll have to ask him if he had to present his insurance card when he got his shots.

11 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

They said the same thing for me. I never brought one, nor did they ask for it. I think they have that as a boilerplate legal thing for CYA purposes. The shots (LULZ autocorrected to “shits” when I first typed it) were free. I think they ask just in case you have a reaction.

I feel like this was the main thing they needed. They asked for my ID, SSN, phone number, and address, which are all standards on medical forms that I’ve dealt with/filled out. 

5 hours ago, Real_AirCooledGirl said:

I'll have to ask him if he had to present his insurance card when he got his shots.

Insurance isn't required. Anyone can get the vaccine. I don't even have insurance. You do not need to present your insurance card you just need to show up. They may ask if you have insurance, you can just say no - it does not affect you at all. 

Edited by NaBoats