• LOTR Fellowship of the Ring
  • And of course, [adult swim]

Feel old yet?

Edited by bnmjy

2 minutes ago, Sawdamizer said:

War in....

you know...

the thing

Yeah, I was trying to focus more on pop culture, although 9/11 was too major to ignore.

Edit: Although I should also add Enron.

Edited by bnmjy

19 minutes ago, bnmjy said:
  • Shrek
  • Spirited Away
  • Gamecube
  • Gameboy Advance
  • Xbox
  • 9/11
  • Enron
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  • LOTR Fellowship of the Ring
  • And of course, [adult swim]

Feel old yet?

No u

I've felt old several times over the past several years, now I don't so much "feel old' as I just accept that I am old.

The two latest things that made me feel old:

I have grey hairs.

A woman at worked asked me about my Black Sabbath tattoo. She didn't know who they were, fair enough, that's to be expected. So I asked her, "do you know who Ozzy Osbourne is?" Expecting her to say yes, because of the TV show The Osbournes. She said no. I'm so old the current crop of young adults don't know who Ozzy is unless they have a real interest in heavy metal music.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist

I just started training a 20yo at work, we take turns playing music on a BT speaker and my coworker made a joke about us all liking Nickelback and the kid indicated that he's not a fan, I told him I was just glad he knew who they were. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NaBarney said:

I just started training a 20yo at work, we take turns playing music on a BT speaker and my coworker made a joke about us all liking Nickelback and the kid indicated that he's not a fan, I told him I was just glad he knew who they were. 

I'm pretty sure most 20 year olds right now know about Nickelback.

Only feel slightly old about the last two things since I was 21 when I first started

getting into anime.  I was in my 20's back in the 2000's.  Never played the GameCube or XBox

since I quit gaming in 1996 or whatever year the worst Mario game (Mario 64) came out and

didn't get back into it until 2011 with the DS handhelds.

I feel old about some of the 80's cartoons and movies back before you kiddos were born though.

Mostly when the kiddos make memes out of them since they're bored I guess and also because of the stupid Disney

live action remakes that don't exist.  On the plus side they've used up most of the movies from my childhood and are

starting to get into yours with Mulan and other upcoming terrible live action movies.

1 minute ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

How much do you like memorizing times, dates, and locations of historical events? Because that's how the time machine works.

That sounds like Mario is Missing.  I liked that game a lot on the SNES.

It was the first Mario game I ever beat.  It was one of the main games I played in middle and high school on my SNES

besides Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart,  and the Super Mario game that had the first three games plus the lost levels.

2 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

It was similar to Mario is Missing, which I also beat.

I didn't beat this one.

I'm pretty good at memorizing dates or at least I used to be when I was younger so I'd probably like that game.

I wouldn't be able to play it unless it went to Nintendo Online though.  Too bad.  Sounds like a fun game.

15 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

How much do you like memorizing times, dates, and locations of historical events? Because that's how the time machine works.

Sounds like a Carmen Sandiego ripoff.

17 hours ago, nameraka said:

I'm in my 40's. I've probably felt old longer than you've been alive.

2 hours ago, blueraven1999 said:

Seconded since I'm 41 and can relate to that so much.

Hell yeah. I'm not the only older adult here. Over 40 here too.

1 minute ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i started feeling old when gray hair starting popping up as soon as i turned 30. and now theres so much more. and i get called sir more often 💀

i remember watching adult swim for the reruns of family guy and futurama. ahh simpler times. 

What did you get called before? "Boy"? 😝