UnevenEdge

NFL Season 20-21: Covid Edition

Sawdamizer

some pre-draft trade action happening.

dolphins send #3 to 49ers for #12, their 2022 and 2023 first rounders and some mids. 

then dolphins send #12 and the 2022 first rounder from the 9ers to the eagles for #6. 

end result: phins move down 3 spots and pick up a first rounder and some mids.

eagles move down 6 spots and pick up a first rounder.

49ers get a new GM next year. /s

Edited by nameraka

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

even if youre in the camp that darnold was dealt a bad hand and think he's got potential, this is an overpay by the panthers. 

i guess now jets drafting another qb. but this time it will be different.

I do not agree.

Edited by scoobdog

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

even if youre in the camp that darnold was dealt a bad hand and think he's got potential, this is an overpay by the panthers. 

i guess now jets drafting another qb. but this time it will be different.

It’s not gonna be different at all 💩

it is def a combo of him being given a raw deal, and him just not being that great a decision maker.  A second round pick is pretty high for him. He’s gonna do great in Carolina, watch. He’s gonna have McCaffery, he’ll be reunited with Robbie Anderson, and don’t they still have that really good TE? Olsen, maybe? Idk I don’t keep track too tough on Carolina lol 

34 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

and don’t they still have that really good TE? Olsen, maybe? Idk I don’t keep track too tough on Carolina lol 

36-year-old Greg Olsen? He just retired. Played last season in Seattle.

Good landing spot for Kyle Pitts in the draft.

Fun fact: Darnold had 11 fumbles in his final college season, most by a first round pick since 2007. The other first round picks with 8+ fumbles in their final college season: Robert Griffin, JaMarcus Russell, Curtis Ponder, Jake Locker, Blake Bortles, and Blaine Gabbert. Good company.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

it is def a combo of him being given a raw deal, and him just not being that great a decision maker.  A second round pick is pretty high for him. He’s gonna do great in Carolina, watch. He’s gonna have McCaffery, he’ll be reunited with Robbie Anderson, and don’t they still have that really good TE? Olsen, maybe? Idk I don’t keep track too tough on Carolina lol 

I think the biggest mistake anyone could make is thinking Darnold could learn decision making without a real mentor.  He's going to be a mediocre quarterback until he's had a chance to be in a system that helps him, and even then we may never really know.  No one expected Goff to be a problematic decision maker, but he ended up being one when he didn't have help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I think the biggest mistake anyone could make is thinking Darnold could learn decision making without a real mentor.  He's going to be a mediocre quarterback until he's had a chance to be in a system that helps him, and even then we may never really know.  No one expected Goff to be a problematic decision maker, but he ended up being one when he didn't have help.

I think Darnold is gonna do really well in Carolina.  He’ll finally be behind an o line that will give him time to think. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 5:29 AM, 1pooh4u said:

i dont think he's better than teddy but he does got more potential. i guess thats what the panthers are banking on that potential. im not too convinced he will be good just . i would have stuck with teddy and try to build a better team around him. carolina had bad defense last year so maybe fix that first? best case scenario if he breaks out? wildcard contender.

as for the jets? well this qb class does have a lot more hype this year than any in recent memory. i also think most college qb's could benefit from not starting their first year and learn from a veteran similar to how mahomes did from alex smith. mahomes credits much of his success to smiths mentorship. but then you have situations like justin hebert that looks like a stud the first season he was drafted. but for every hebert and joe burrows story, you can come up with 100 tim tebows. imo i dont think the jets are far off to having something decent. i say draft wilson but also build up the offense. defense i think they where ok, maybe only missing a piece or two. 

hey if the dolphins can go from lol to turning it around in one season then anything is possible. same with the browns remember when they were the joke of the league? feels weird. 

On 4/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, scoobdog said:

agreed that a young qb being thrown into a dumpster fire of a situation is a recipe for failure. just unfair for anyone in that scenario. and theres a good chance we could see darnold out of the league right after his contract expires. 

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

agreed that a young qb being thrown into a dumpster fire of a situation is a recipe for failure. just unfair for anyone in that scenario. and theres a good chance we could see darnold out of the league right after his contract expires. 

I hope not.  He's a good quarterback, and he could be perfectly serviceable.

29 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

my first thoughts exactly. what else?

he's going to jail so he will probably die soon like hernandez did. i know its a crime but they should take the time to study his brain. 

I think he killed himself so if he shot him self in the head it might not be possible to tell 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I wonder if this was a result of CTE

The frustrating thing is how CTE still isn't acknowledged for the killer it is.  The problem inevitably is it's easier to see black or latino men as uncaged animals than it is to see them as victims of a deadly disease.

4 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

he was great for the pats.

but hofmer?

no.

i know you didnt say that but seems to be the discussion in media. 

Hot Take: "Julian Edelman should be in the HoF" is what happens when a sizeable amount of sports media personalities come from Boston

• Like 1

Steve "Mongo" McMichael ('85 Bears Super Bowl Champs, WWE & WCW Wrestler, HC Chicago Slaughter '07-'13, Mayoral (Romeoville, IL) candidate) announces he's been fighting ALS.

"I thought I was ready for anything," McMichael says. "But man. This will sneak up on you like a cheap-shotting Green Bay Packer."

https://wgntv.com/news/former-chicago-bear-steve-mongo-mcmichael-reveals-he-is-battling-als/

Draft starts now.  9ers on the clock and theres a whole lots of questions for what they are going to do.

Oh, and the entire state of Colorado is currently in a panic because our local insiders are all reporting that Rodgers is coming to Denver.  Except for Klis, but that dude an old sexist fuckhead who doesnt know shit.

Rodgers ain't going anywhere this year. Packers have very little cap space and it would cost them more to trade him than to keep him. Also he ain't retiring to host Jeopardy as that would require him to pay back $30 mil of his signing bonus. Empty threat. No leverage. The dude has played 1 year of his current 4 year extension and already wants another one? Nah.

So far today we've been told:
49ers offered #3 overall, more picks and players (including Garappolo). They didn't. Only made a short phone call. Wasn't going to happen pre Lance and ain't happening next year either.
Rodgers is upset the Packers didn't take the 49ers deal! The deal that didn't exist?
Rodgers to Broncos was as good as done. Didn't happen (could next year).

"Rodgers/Wilson/Watson wants out and has all the leverage! A trade is definitely going to happen!" ... And yet, no one is going anywhere. Sports media makes shit up so often and no one ever calls them out.

All three will be traded next year and they'll pat themselves on the back for being right even though they were completely fucking wrong.

Mac Jones will be the thorn in the side of the AFC for the next twenty years.  Zach Wilson and his magical underoos won’t be shit. Trevor Lawrence will have an unexpected injury by year 3.. All Jets draft picks will be out of football by 2025.   I looked into my crystal balls and saw all this  💩

Yesterday: "I'm not coming back."

Today: "I'm not coming back unless you fire the GM."

Tomorrow: "I'm not coming back unless you sell me the team."

Going to be exciting if they decide to do a post June 1 trade.

Packers President Mark Murphy: "This is an issue that we have been working on for several months. Brian Gutekunst, Matt LaFleur and I have flown out on a number of occasions to meet with Aaron. We are very much aware of Aaron's concerns and have been working with him (and his agent Dave Dunn) to resolve them. We remain committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. He is not only a tremendously talented player, but has developed into a true leader for us. The relationship that Aaron has forged with Matt and the other offensive coaches has propelled us to the brink of the Super Bowl in two straight years. We look forward to competing for another Super Bowl championship with Aaron as our leader."

Hopefully they stick to their guns and trade him when financially feasible and not capitulate and give him the long-term extension.

i really dont want the donkeys getting rodgers. its fucking manning situation all over again.

raiders also a possible destination, and i would cheer it on but i wouldn't be upset if we stick with carr either. i been happy with him, he is not the reason we lose games. our defense was more to blame.

but i think most likely either the packers dont trade him or he retires. 

as for the draft? i cant wait to see how all these new qbs pan out. trey lance landed in the best spot as far as teams go. the niners are a great team. bears with fields was a great pick up as well. i really hope it works out for them and makes all the teams that passed on him regret it, like the donkeys. the lawrance and wilson projects should be fun to watch regardless of how it turns out. 

as for the raiders? i like the first two picks, many say alex was a reach and trevon was a steal but i think they both will be great. i think we went too safety heavy for my liking but give us a b- for our grade. 

Zach Wilson is a Trump loving fuck wad. I’m sure he’s not the guy. Played for a subpar college during a subpar season. He’s gonna suck and if he lets his Trump love making be known in the locker room I’m sure there will be a problem. 

• Like 1

"Right before the Packers announced LaFleur as their new head coach, the source close to the team says Murphy called Rodgers to tell him who they were going with. He didn’t ask for permission—he told him who the choice was. There was a brief pause on the other end of the phone before Rodgers eventually spoke. Murphy made it clear that Rodgers would need to accept coaching. 'Don’t be the problem,' he told him. 'Don’t be the problem.' Whoever is to blame, Murphy does not want drama engulfing his team again. The source close to the team says the president is 'tired of the diva stuff.'"

Well that worked out.

• Haha 1

• panic unpinned and locked this topic