UnevenEdge

stuck at home....

discolé monade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Report cards got here Saturday. Still passing 3rd grade (actually, we're doing well). One more marking period to go...

I don't care what the next plague is, I'm not taking 4th grade again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still have a lot of work to do on the novel I want to write, but in the meantime, I’m still blogging about anime and playing vidjas.

I think the blog that usually kept with just ended up taking more time as I’ve been doing some stay-at-home work. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Come September and the schools still aren't open yet, are you going to post Welcome to My Nightmare?

I don't care if Ebola and AIDS have a baby, I'm not doing fourth grade.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

i went ahead and started buying exotic plants again, since i've been home for pretty much the last 2 weeks straight while everyone's been taking their turns in quarantine. just got my first saguaro cactus in the mail today and put it in some new soil. 6-7" tall with spikes up to 2" long. shit's sharp!

PXL_20210721_201820610.thumb.jpg.a4f46c96ed2ad293631a100495cc9d2f.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

not sure how long i'll be 'stuck' at home these days. 

the GiL has fallen ill. he is almost at 'actively passing'

i'm caring for him, as well as mid. we're doing home hospice for him. 

so we are literally stuck until the end day. the MiL helps, but it's just really us. 

That's rough. Both my parents died at home; it's physically as well as emotionally exhausting. Hugs to both of you.

Edited by mthor
  • Thanks 1

i never thought i would be this person. i feel like the 'angel of death'. 

hospice upped the morphine dosage. feeding is almost non~existant. 

trying to keep this man as comfortable as possible. 

i made the call yesterday. hospice nurse said it may be time to transport him to inpatient hospice care. 

i said 'i made a promise to this man 3 years ago' : i was enjoying my barley pop, my herbage, and some tunes, the old man came outside to sit, 

so we talked. he asked if i could play some country music ( i don't recall the artist) i 'ok googled' some music. a song came on that he and his wife liked. 

he started to weep. he said he knew that it would end one day, and he was afraid of a nursing home. i committed myself right there. i told him 'no paul, i will never let that happen, 

we will stay here with you until the end, and you will die in your house. your home'.  so, i told the nurse no, he will die here, as he wanted. 

he wasn't any easy man to be around this last year, got on my last nerves, but these events brought me back to the man i love. the man i thought of as my own grand dad. 

so...that's it. end blog. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i made the call yesterday. hospice nurse said it may be time to transport him to inpatient hospice care. 

i said 'i made a promise to this man 3 years ago' : i was enjoying my barley pop, my herbage, and some tunes, the old man came outside to sit, 

so we talked. he asked if i could play some country music ( i don't recall the artist) i 'ok googled' some music. a song came on that he and his wife liked. 

he started to weep. he said he knew that it would end one day, and he was afraid of a nursing home. i committed myself right there. i told him 'no paul, i will never let that happen, 

we will stay here with you until the end, and you will die in your house. your home'.  so, i told the nurse no, he will die here, as he wanted. 

he wasn't any easy man to be around this last year, got on my last nerves, but these events brought me back to the man i love. the man i thought of as my own grand dad. 

Hugs again, baby. Wish I could do more.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, discolé monade said:

I can only imagine the mix of immense relief and regret this entails.  You went above and beyond to keep that promise.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, discolé monade said:

decided this year's homemade present ( i try to do one for everyone: scarf, hat, mittens, plushies, etc)

this year, i'm making 'oodies' for everyone. 

wish me luck. 

(yes i had to piece together the pattern)

2069333309_oodie1.thumb.jpg.2260698a56a3fb9d1ce07c1104cf3edb.jpg119658338_oodie2.thumb.jpg.8ccd4b6e2d17968583ea6bf2440e921e.jpg

Will it fit my cock?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well, that picture, that can't be seen now, (above ^)  i believe was a pic of the 'pond'. 

my dumb ass went out there with a machete, loppers, ice breaker, and tried to clean it up. 

it's MOSTLY looking good, but i am so sore. and the revalation that i'm SO out of shape, is hitting so hard. 

so, i think it's time to get back in shape. right now, i just want to drop the weight, and tone, 

but i think i will buy a punching bag as well. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 9:59 PM, molarbear said:

I'm looking to clean these up without ripping the ones that are alive out

any ideas?

backyard_flowers_1.jpg

backyard_flowers_2.jpg

i'd wait until next week (4/20 is when i will be out cleaning off the dead stuff) i'm in zone 8b. 

but once there is no danger of frost, and 5+ days of warm mornings (40+^), clean all that dead stuff away, turn the ground around the plants, put the dead in your compost. 

and get some fish emulsion on the dirt, (not the veg. you'll burn the leaves). 

i would also think about adding some more bulbs this fall. (tulips, iris, gladiolus, etc) 

such a pretty purple. 

• Like 1

I got it cleaned up-ish

The ones on the other side of the bush are getting transplanted and replaced with the flowers in the other photos....

The green beans took a whole 3 days to start sprouting, I haven't planted anything else yet

I've been trying to make the yard not a giant a weed but It's been raining too much to put anything out to treat it

double plants.jpg

plants.jpg

garden_iris_clean.jpg

green_beeeeeans.jpg

• Like 3

the flower bed got put on hold for a day while the foundation got the every living shit sealed out of it

Okra, Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Squash, and Bananananlana peppers are in

What I thought was a single possible Hostas turned out to be 3 possible Hostas so those are loosely packed in temporary pots until they get relocated tomorrow

The big blue pot was suppose to be an asian bush with purple leafs, I put the seeds in there last year and had a sprout..... turns out it was a sycamore sprout so that's gonna go to my buddy

Still haven't treated the yard, there hasn't been a 24 hour window without rain yet

sycamore.jpg

bedddddd.jpg

garden.jpg

hostas.jpg

hostas 2.jpg

• Like 3

Tree had a spa day, got a nice pedi and got it's roots done. Only thing left is possibly putting a bed around the other tree, and then getting everything in the ground. Still can't treat the yard

Gonna thin these out on the side after they bloom and move the Hostas over there. Then add dirt get anything to take root so it quits washing away

tree_bath.jpg

soooooode.jpg

• Like 2