UnevenEdge

stuck at home....

discolé monade

The strange leaf/dead grass/long dead twine things that came off the irises kept the mud slide at bay

I put a bunch of wild flower seeds on the edge and moved a couple of the bulbs over to wall off the wash off. If it works I'll just keep planting downward and if it fails I'll just let it all wash away and pretend the drive is a balcony

Found some sunflowers growing on the floor of the shed.. at least I think that's what they are. They're growing.. on mushy wood, in a dark shed, where I tend to drop bird seed

....they're sunflowers

front_yard_1.jpg

sunflower.jpg

front_yard_2.jpg

front_yard_3.jpg

• Like 3

Garden is getting bigger

Thorny thing in the front bloomed but the other flowers haven't so they're still a mess... I don't know how to fix the branch

snek attacked shovel repeatedly, during the attempt to relocate snek it kept wiggling off the shovel pre launch so during a frustrated attempt to keep it from squirming away I jabbed it with the shovel a little too hard

snek is relocated in numerous places now

garden_2.jpg

garden_2.5_may_9th.jpg

fluwers.jpg

snek.jpg

snek 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Damn, snake blood is green?

That's a piece of the shovel not covered in dirt, it wasn't a big snek. I zoomed in on the photo to check the eyes before the attempted relocation

I still haven't identified it. I thought it was just a Prairie snek but, I've never seen one colored like that. It's got a beautiful pattern when you have time to look at it and not stop it's lunges with the shovel

Snek juice is rainbow colored, fyi  No one asked... it's just with Mix's recent antics I already have the FCC on my ass, I don't need them thinking I showed blood

• Like 1

poor snek. it had round eyes...i don't think it was venemous. (sp) would have bitten, but i've been bitten by garter snakes before. little brats. 

but i digress. 

i did it guys, i got my business license. 

herb house on the hill : cottage foods, sauces and fiber arts products. 

launch on 5/26 (foods primarily with a few macrame planters, some market bags, and hopefull a few japanese cross back aprons with material from MOOD of nyc)

• Like 3

Waiting on parts to work on the hummingbird cantina more

Started on the Irises. Got the mutant 3rd arm ones that were extending beyond the normal flower barrier

Most of them are bagged and put away but I planted a few along the top of the driveway where the water likes to wash all the dirt away

They won't bloom again this year but they can still root in there and establish a foothold while the wild flower seeds kinda...... chill there

irises.jpg

fence flower cleared.jpg

gate.jpg

• Like 3

All the bulbs that got pulled got cut and put into better storage and then the hummingbird fountain finally got put together

The sun wasn't out so needless to say the solar pump didn't work today :(

Everything else is done though

I used this lady's video for everything hummingbird fountain related

*I hung up ribbons for the birds too

**one of those photos was for somewhere else

lid.jpg

finished.jpg

drying bulbs.jpg

ribbon.jpg

Edited by molarbear
  • Like 3

I planted some sun flowers along the outside of the garden

The birds got a nesting bowl

Things are finally blooming...again

Nothing else was really worth taking a picture of. Just a bunch of drying out and fixing mole spots

garden_tres.jpg

russian_humming_nesting_birds.jpg

flurrers.jpg

• Like 3

They're blooming!

the poorly edited paint is the potential plan

leave everything outside the brown line alone except for thinning a little, most of them are blooming and they keep people from being able to see packages on the porch

Clear out all 15 layers of jungle rot inside the circle so you can see the yellow circle again which is just a big rock that someone saw 50 years ago and thought "This is a perfect front yard rock"

I'm really hoping one of the japanese maple seeds I planted takes so I can stick one of those up there and call it good, if that fails I'll just stuff some flowers in there until I find a permanent fix (flowers...the flowers will probably end up being the permanent fix)

*Picked some Green Beans right before it got dark

potential_plan_dos.jpg

GB's.jpg

Edited by molarbear
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The Garden got tired of the heat and gave up

The make shift soil sample is suppose to have 3 colors at the bottom, it's not the best pic but there's only 2.. and it's 97% sand

Which explains the yard

The new plan is to assume the fetal position and cry while trying not to think of all the dirt that needs to be moved in during the Fall....when the ground isn't concrete

garden_3.jpg

yard_2.jpg

ground sample.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molarbear said:

The Garden got tired of the heat and gave up

The make shift soil sample is suppose to have 3 colors at the bottom, it's not the best pic but there's only 2.. and it's 97% sand

Which explains the yard

The new plan is to assume the fetal position and cry while trying not to think of all the dirt that needs to be moved in during the Fall....when the ground isn't concrete

garden_3.jpg

yard_2.jpg

ground sample.jpg

do you have a compost? if not, i HIGHLY recommend you get one. 

also, have you thought about watering at night for a couple hours? i don't know your watering schedule. 

do you know anyone with horse or cows, maybe even chickens? excellent for your compost. 

i'm so sorry. but it's bad all over. 

the tomatoes and peppers have had enough of this years weather and also are tired and wilted. 

they say this will be the coolest summer of the rest of our lifetime?

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

do you have a compost? if not, i HIGHLY recommend you get one. 

also, have you thought about watering at night for a couple hours? i don't know your watering schedule. 

do you know anyone with horse or cows, maybe even chickens? excellent for your compost. 

i'm so sorry. but it's bad all over. 

the tomatoes and peppers have had enough of this years weather and also are tired and wilted. 

they say this will be the coolest summer of the rest of our lifetime?

I do, that darker stuff on the ground is from it. I aerated, and spread that with the intention of putting seed down but after a few weeks without rain I didn't see the point...and then it all turned into dust

Trees get watered every night when it's this dry, Garden gets it every other day unless it looks real bad.

There's a plus side to all this, I haven't had to mow in 2 weeks

• Like 3