UnevenEdge

stuck at home....

discolé monade

kinda wishing i was stuck at home today. trying to get around at the bank with this bum foot is proving pretty difficult...and explaining the limp to every person i pass in the hall, is getting old. and now i have to go to the clinic when i leave work at 4 for a tetanus shot and antibiotic rx. you gotta get a look at that rusty nail though. 

• Like 1

painting pallets and spools today. 

tried to pressure wash the pool, but the washer is being an ass. 

taking rogue's advice and clean the spark plug...but that's a chore for another day. 

it's been stupid hot here. 

also...my county got an F for social distancing. so ...we got that going.

• Like 1

I finally ordered my foot massager because my feet are sore.

Prime Delivery schedule for next Friday so Im okay with that because I know its non essential and people need more important things 

But also my feet .... 

AccurateUnlinedFoxhound-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

Guess the movie (others' guesses in blue)  Is there an answer key for this?

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Mary Poppins
4. Horse Whisperer.
6. Fried Green Tomatoes (?)
9. Driving Miss Daisy 
10. Finding Nemo
13. E.T.
17. Slumdog Millionaire (?)
18. Supersize Me
19. Rat Race (?)
20. Take the Money and Run (?)
21. The Graduate
22. The Color of Money
24. The Hours
27. The Sixth Sense
28. Up!
29. You've Got Mail
33. Psycho
34. Groundhog's Day
36. The Devil Wears Prada
38. Edward Scissorhands 
39. Twilight
41. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
42. Ghostbusters
44. The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
46. Point Break
48. Dances With Wolves
49. Gorillas in the Mist
53. Free Willy
54. Dirty Dancing
58. A Walk in the Clouds
60. Life of Pi

• Like 1

1 Breakfast at Tiffany's 

2 Silence of the Lambs 

3 Mary Poppins 

4 The horse Whisperer 

6 Fried Green Tomatoes 

8 Broke Back Mountain

9 Driving miss Daisy 

10 Finding Nemo 

13 ET

18 supersize me

19 stewart little 

23 Blair Witch 

27 6th sense 

28 Up

29 You got mail

30 les miserables

33 Psycho 

34 Groundhog day 

35 catch me if you can

36 The devil wears prade 

37 on golden pond 

38 Edward Scissor hands

39 American Werewolf in london 

40 The crying game

41 Four weddings and a funeral 

42 Ghost Busters

53 Free Willy 

55 to kill a mocking bird 

60 life of pi 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, discolemonade said:

well, i guess it's someone else's turn to find a game. 

i'll put this out, is anyone making masks?

i made a handful of prototypes, based solely on my own understanding of what constitutes a well-shaped cover. not using a pattern, just kinda cutting and sewing. got out my old kenworth 1946 zig-zag machine and everything. they're not great, but they cover the nose and mouth and have a little pouch for a pm2.5 filter. i'm gonna turn out as many as my spare t-shirt stock will allow for, or until i run out of patience for the process.

i'm also halfway through taking down a hard maple beside the house. had to hire someone with a bucket truck, because the tree is ~80' tall and between my house and the neighbors. i'm staying on the ground, running a saw to cut the dropped pieces, ranking up the stuff that's big enough to burn in a furnace/pit, and hauling off the rest in the back of my truck. we would have finished yesterday, but the bucket truck sprang a hydraulic leak and had to shut down about an hour from being finished. might try to get the rest of it on the ground tomorrow after work. 

• Like 1

new guesses in blue  Anybody know what the purple square with the pencil means?  Is that a date or time travel?

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. Mary Poppins
4. Horse Whisperer
6. Fried Green Tomatoes
8. Broke Back Mountain
9. Driving Miss Daisy 
10. Finding Nemo
11. Titanic
13. E.T.
14. The Prestige (?)
17. Slumdog Millionaire
18. Supersize Me
19. Rat Race (?) Stuart Little (?)
20. Take the Money and Run (?)
21. The Graduate
22. The Color of Money
23. Blair Witch (?) Forrest Gump (?)
24. The Hours
27. The Sixth Sense
28. Up!
29. You've Got Mail
30. Les Miserables
31. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
32. Ted
33. Psycho
34. Groundhog's Day
35. Catch Me If You Can
36. The Devil Wears Prada
37. On Golden Pond (?)
38. Edward Scissorhands 
39. Twilight
40. The Crying Game (?)
41. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
42. Ghostbusters
44. The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
45. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
46. Point Break
47. The Matrix
48. Dances With Wolves
49. Gorillas in the Mist
53. Free Willy
54. Dirty Dancing
55. To Kill a Mockingbird
56. Liberty Falls
58. A Walk in the Clouds
60. Life of Pi

On 4/6/2020 at 5:02 PM, wacky1980 said:

i made a handful of prototypes, based solely on my own understanding of what constitutes a well-shaped cover. not using a pattern, just kinda cutting and sewing. got out my old kenworth 1946 zig-zag machine and everything. they're not great, but they cover the nose and mouth and have a little pouch for a pm2.5 filter. i'm gonna turn out as many as my spare t-shirt stock will allow for, or until i run out of patience for the process.

i'm also halfway through taking down a hard maple beside the house. had to hire someone with a bucket truck, because the tree is ~80' tall and between my house and the neighbors. i'm staying on the ground, running a saw to cut the dropped pieces, ranking up the stuff that's big enough to burn in a furnace/pit, and hauling off the rest in the back of my truck. we would have finished yesterday, but the bucket truck sprang a hydraulic leak and had to shut down about an hour from being finished. might try to get the rest of it on the ground tomorrow after work. 

my masks are no where NEAR this fancy. 

just couple pieces of 100% cotton (i used t~shirt and a piece of printed material or a bandana)

they serve the purpose. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

no pics. got nothing done. waiting on some severely bad weather. again. 

had a tornado touch down couple miles from us, last week. 

Couplke of friends of mine lost their house last week in a tornado.  Pretty sad because I used to work with the wife and a few of her kids and the dad was a deputy with my mom so we were always invited to their home in town for all kinds of shit when I was younger and right before I moved to OK, they bought their dream retirement home and ranch because all their kids were grown......And now, all of it is just gone.

Lickily, somehow all the animals survived.....3 cats they thought were goners came back yesterday.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Looks so summery and bright.

Also that's a fine looking automobile.

we didn't want to til the area. as you can see, the bitch next door, went ahead and put a fence up during a land dispute. the land in question

was given as a lifetime easement. but of COURSE it was probably written on some piece of paper and put in a book somewhere. 

anyway, not sure if the MiL is fighting it or not. i can't as it's not in my name. so we're trying pallet gardening. 

and the vehicle is a 2019 with less than 1800 miles. i scored the deal. 

only, i'm considered a 1st time buyer. 

last time a bought a new car was in the 90's 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

shelter day today. 

only 3 doggos are left..

until right before i was going to leave. a man brought in what looks to be a young white boxer mix. 

he's got brownish ears and tail. and his main body goes from about white to gold. 

wierd. i named him otto. 

poor thing is so skinny. and i love him. 

i gave him a bath. 

he was stinky, but he is just the sweetest, saddest pupper. until i got him penned. 

all clean, and bowl of food and water. and a 'pupsicle' (put peanut butter in a bone and a couple small milk bones)

one happy camper. i'll get him fattened up. 

• Like 2

I went and picked up my pitchback net from my parent's shed

Luckily the netting is still strong so I've been playing catch with myself

Neighbors probably have questions seeing an adult man child throw a baseball into a net and laughing, but I figure that'll just keep them from ever bothering me

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Easiest alcohol to make from what I understand. 

i hear that as well. i've never had mead. but i feel it's something that would fit perfectly into my life. 

thinking about making some dandelion wine. and some cannabutter with a friend. 

You people and your fancy pants powdered wheat seeds.  Makin' scoooones and paaancakes and mememememeeeead, like you're the Queens of bloody Olde England.  ¬¬  Before long you'll all be wearing woad.

::sits alone in the dark, cradling a half-full jar of yeast as dormant as a ten year old 17-year locust with nowhere to go:: Shhh, there, there, it'll be ok. Who's a good little fungus?  You're a good little fungus!  You're all good little fungi!  And maybe in another 7 years, you and all your thousands of brothers and sisters can come out and go swimming and eat all the sugary treats you want until you can't stop burping and you'll play for hours in grain dust that drifts down like a soft, warm blanket of snow.  Won't that be a day!  ::pats the lid, soothing and quietly rocks and rocks::

• Haha 6

On 5/9/2020 at 10:56 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

You people and your fancy pants powdered wheat seeds.  Makin' scoooones and paaancakes and mememememeeeead, like you're the Queens of bloody Olde England.  ¬¬  Before long you'll all be wearing woad.

::sits alone in the dark, cradling a half-full jar of yeast as dormant as a ten year old 17-year locust with nowhere to go:: Shhh, there, there, it'll be ok. Who's a good little fungus?  You're a good little fungus!  You're all good little fungi!  And maybe in another 7 years, you and all your thousands of brothers and sisters can come out and go swimming and eat all the sugary treats you want until you can't stop burping and you'll play for hours in grain dust that drifts down like a soft, warm blanket of snow.  Won't that be a day!  ::pats the lid, soothing and quietly rocks and rocks::

No woad in the house. It stinks.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 12:20 PM, Vamped said:

Woke up yesterday to make breakfast. Somehow I ended up making this basil pesto chicken bake recipe I saw on Tasty at like 8am ... for no reason 

I feel like my original plan was ... french toast?

ok...but that sounds amazing. and why not dinner for breakfast?

dinnfast.