UnevenEdge

stuck at home....

discolé monade

or making stuff happen?

going to try 'pallet gardening' 

we have a land dispute, and the asshole neighbor fenced in my 'garden' area. 

ftb.

so...because tilling in the area i have would seem problematic, going to try this palletgarden_annegibson-560x410.jpg

i'll let you know how it turns out. got 5 pallets, and 2 small cable spools. should be a neat venture. 

what are you doing to pass the time?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

or making stuff happen?

going to try 'pallet gardening' 

we have a land dispute, and the asshole neighbor fenced in my 'garden' area. 

ftb.

so...because tilling in the area i have would seem problematic, going to try this palletgarden_annegibson-560x410.jpg

i'll let you know how it turns out. got 5 pallets, and 2 small cable spools. should be a neat venture. 

what are you doing to pass the time?

I mowed the yard, technically I just mowed the weeds but that's pretty much 99% of the yard at this point because no weed killer seems to work anymore

Also still working on this abomination, none of it connects and it feels like there are at least 100 needles on my face

facial hair.jpg

• Like 2

I made the decision today for my band to stop meeting up until the shelter in place order is lifted. Fucking sucks, but I have to think of the safety of my parents, who I live with.

So real soon I'm going to look online for a new audio interface and on my days off (I work in an essential business) going to do home recording during my band's downtime.

• Like 1

Im waiting to get my own place before I force the miniature into helping me start a little garden. The neighborhood cats ganged up and broke all the little planting  pots I put out for my mom. No idea what they were doing but it was just a gang of cats breaking stuff under the car port. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Im waiting to get my own place before I force the miniature into helping me start a little garden. The neighborhood cats ganged up and broke all the little planting  pots I put out for my mom. No idea what they were doing but it was just a gang of cats breaking stuff under the car port. 

those darn cats. 

also, do a window planter? 

or...just start some little pumpkins in cups, it will be neato for the little minion. 

the boy loves his pumpkins. 

i've planted your 'typical' pumpkins, and i'll be planting the little mini ones, and those giant ass boulder ones~THOSE are the ones i hope take. 

putting them in the front yard. 

i'll post pics in the next few days. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I made the decision today for my band to stop meeting up until the shelter in place order is lifted. Fucking sucks, but I have to think of the safety of my parents, who I live with.

So real soon I'm going to look online for a new audio interface and on my days off (I work in an essential business) going to do home recording during my band's downtime.

i was going to ask, can you guys facetime practice? which might be kind of neat?

34 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I mowed the yard, technically I just mowed the weeds but that's pretty much 99% of the yard at this point because no weed killer seems to work anymore

Also still working on this abomination, none of it connects and it feels like there are at least 100 needles on my face

facial hair.jpg

you look good in blue. >.>

also, have you tried natural weed killer?

a mix of vinegar, salt, dish soap. pretty effective. 

3 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

those darn cats. 

also, do a window planter? 

or...just start some little pumpkins in cups, it will be neato for the little minion. 

the boy loves his pumpkins. 

i've planted your 'typical' pumpkins, and i'll be planting the little mini ones, and those giant ass boulder ones~THOSE are the ones i hope take. 

putting them in the front yard. 

i'll post pics in the next few days. 

How hard is it to grow strawberries? I dunno why, but they get him fired up. It was one of the first words he learned how to say. 

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

How hard is it to grow strawberries? I dunno why, but they get him fired up. It was one of the first words he learned how to say. 

not terribly hard. the do well in raised beds (not an option for you)

and containers. 

if you can find some wooden crates, and garden tarp, it's pretty easy from there. 

they need about 6-8 hours of sun, not too much shade. 

Just now, discolemonade said:

not terribly hard. the do well in raised beds (not an option for you)

and containers. 

if you can find some wooden crates, and garden tarp, it's pretty easy from there. 

they need about 6-8 hours of sun, not too much shade. 

If the world hasn't ended by the end of summer or early fall maybe I'll have my life together enough to have my own place again and start thinking about fixing up garden space. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

i was going to ask, can you guys facetime practice? which might be kind of neat?

That wouldn't really work with our particular band dynamic, but I suppose in theory it could work in others.

I say "band practice," but it's actually recording individual parts. When I formed this band my intention was to have it be strictly a studio project, and I already had loads of material written. The "standard" way of recording a band hasn't been to record them all playing together in some decades. The modern way to do it is to do one instrument at a time. This eliminates "bleed through" and gives you greater control over the tone and volume of each instrument, and its placement in the mix.

We've made our bass player's house our home studio, that's where almost all the good recording equipment is. Our singer is our audio engineer, our other guitar player knows some stuff about recording, but I sure as hell wouldn't touch any of that equipment without our singer's direction, and I don't think our bass player would want to either, despite it all being at his house, lol.

So basically, at the MOST minimal, our bass player needs to let our singer / engineer into his house, and whichever member is recording on any particular day needs to be in the same room.

The bright side (in my mind, at least) is all four of us work for essential businesses, so it's not like we'll just be bored out of our minds at home all fucking week wishing we could get together, we got our jobs to occupy us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

That wouldn't really work with our particular band dynamic, but I suppose in theory it could work in others.

i'd think the lag would make any live practice entirely impossible. but as long as everyone's working from the same click track and contributing raw tracks with decent gear, it's pretty easy to collab offsite.

i'm leaving the day job here in about 15 minutes and "opening" the bar for carry-out. no one's buying right now though, so i'm using the time in there alone to tear out the back bar and eventually rebuild it before we open back up. exposing the brick wall under the old paneling, re-wiring the entire space, and building it back to a more "traditional" version that existed in there 60 years ago. then if there's still time after all that, re-painting the ceiling to get it all the same version of black, with matching duct and conduit. i'm honestly more afraid of the ceiling job than i am of the entire back bar renovation.

all this work would only take a couple weeks if i could bring in a crew. but since i'm doing probably all of it on my own, i'm kinda hoping for 4-6 weeks of downtime...well, not really hoping for it, so much as just expecting it. but y'know what i mean.

• Like 2

Made sourdough starter Monday, first loaf today. Kind of dense, not fermented enough yet, but it's promising.

(I started making bread instead of buying it last week.)

41 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

*checks schedule*

I've been... arguing with people on the internet.

The school sent home a suggested schedule for the kids. I'm failing miserably, and Dexter and DeeDee will probably have to repeat their respective grades thanks to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mthor said:

Made sourdough starter Monday, first loaf today. Kind of dense, not fermented enough yet, but it's promising.

The school sent home a suggested schedule for the kids. I'm failing miserably, and Dexter and DeeDee will probably have to repeat their respective grades thanks to me.

no, no, now don't think like that. 

we don't have a schedule, really never had. breakfast in the morning, and 1-2 hours of school work a day. 

outside time, then his time. there's no real right way to do this. 

then there are some educational sites masked as games. 

an article to help you navigate your thought process, and i think there are some links to help?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mthor said:

Atleast you got your kids into kindergarten.... its looking a little rough for the miniature. My mom has been helping me ALOT .... and like .... he can definitely scratch lottery tickets but I dunno about coloring inside the lines. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, mthor said:

How the fuck you got flour?!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

there are so many sites for us parents with kiddos. i've posted this somewhere else, 

but i'll post here.

homeschool we use is time4learning.

and i've been using starfall for a while. 

i've decided to pay for abc mouse, but only because i want the boy to get his reading skills beyond kindergarten level. 

it's weird...he sure as hell has no problem reading shit in luigi's mansion 3, but screw that 'very hungry catepillar'. 

Edited by discolemonade

3 hours ago, Vamped said:

Atleast you got your kids into kindergarten.... its looking a little rough for the miniature. My mom has been helping me ALOT .... and like .... he can definitely scratch lottery tickets but I dunno about coloring inside the lines. 

I got my kids out of high school. I'm dealing with the grandkids, because dad is working from home and mom is an essential retail person. It's harder than dealing with my kids; somehow, the wrath of Grandma is not as effective a threat as the wrath of Mom or Dad.

• Haha 1

First line- 1. Breakfast at tiffanys 2. silence of the lambs 3. Mary Poppins 4. Horse whisperer.

Today I slept in pretty late. Read like 50 or 60 pages of Aldous Huxley's Island after breakfast. Did a load of dishes.

Watched a game play trailer for the new Predator game that's coming out.

I mean it looks fun, but it looks  like it would be fun for exactly one hour.

Then I watched a couple videos about movies and then a snippet from a documentary in which they were showing the development of the 1994 arcade game Primal Rage.

Now I'm here.

Howdy.

• Like 1