UnevenEdge

stuck at home....

discolé monade

Me and the miniature are trying our hands at gardening. We planted some cucumbers seeds in a pot ... well ... we tried to follow the directions and then somebody got too excited and slapped ALL the seeds in the pot when it was supposed to be 4 to 6 around a hill 

The seeds looks like the plant food we put in so ... I dont know where the seeds are ...  =_=

We're supposed to be clearing the trash garden infront of my parents house to put in actual flowers ... but uhm there is literal trash in there so ... uh ... thats gonna take a minute 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Vamped said:

Me and the miniature are trying our hands at gardening. We planted some cucumbers seeds in a pot ... well ... we tried to follow the directions and then somebody got too excited and slapped ALL the seeds in the pot when it was supposed to be 4 to 6 around a hill 

The seeds looks like the plant food we put in so ... I dont know where the seeds are ...  =_=

We're supposed to be clearing the trash garden infront of my parents house to put in actual flowers ... but uhm there is literal trash in there so ... uh ... thats gonna take a minute 

here's an easier way to grow. 

save an egg carton. use that to start. and then you can transfer to a pallet garden. 

that way you don't have to til up and less weeds. 

and i'd grow tomatoes and peppers. 

do not put tomatoes and cucumbers near each other. apparently they are mortal enemies since the dawn of time. 

also, sunflowers and pumpkins are an easy starter plant. 

lil minion got all excited!! bubby did that a couple years ago with sugar baby watermelons..but they came in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

here's an easier way to grow. 

save an egg carton. use that to start. and then you can transfer to a pallet garden. 

that way you don't have to til up and less weeds. 

and i'd grow tomatoes and peppers. 

do not put tomatoes and cucumbers near each other. apparently they are mortal enemies since the dawn of time. 

also, sunflowers and pumpkins are an easy starter plant. 

lil minion got all excited!! bubby did that a couple years ago with sugar baby watermelons..but they came in!

We're gonna plant some tomatoes today when I get off work in another pot. I was thinking about doing some peppers too but then I was like ... slow down. I bought some star gazer lilly bulbs but I'm not sure what I want to do with that yet.

I think this weekend I might take a peak in Home Depot and see what they've got in there to help us. 

11 minutes ago, Vamped said:

We're gonna plant some tomatoes today when I get off work in another pot. I was thinking about doing some peppers too but then I was like ... slow down. I bought some star gazer lilly bulbs but I'm not sure what I want to do with that yet.

I think this weekend I might take a peak in Home Depot and see what they've got in there to help us. 

you may want to hold onto bulbs until fall, before frost. it's tricky. 

wait until spring after last frost may be better. but if going in the house...large pot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, discolemonade said:

you may want to hold onto bulbs until fall, before frost. it's tricky. 

wait until spring after last frost may be better. but if going in the house...large pot. 

I'll hang onto them. If they go in the house the pot is as good as broken on the floor. I could probably just drop the pot and break it myself to cut out the middle man. 

• Haha 1

been kind of busy, *trying to finish 'carol/where the wild things are*, beat a stupid game. 

made some bbq sauce and marinara for a barter *strawberry butter, mint jelly, black berry jelly*

smoked a brisket, smoked and grilled some jowl, watching tomatoes grow, got some flowering on zucchini, 

way too early for collards, but they were free, and needed to go in the ground. 

found a cat that just helped itself to some grub *i was going to tag and release, but i'm pretty sure my asshole neighbor shot him*

and got some flowers going *pics to come~when i'm not so lazy*

100880748_910960056068680_36635790058119

100054874_910960192735333_57446218118453

100051205_910960122735340_35662044006302

101062737_915088535655832_59831773908204

101058573_913784719119547_68457108350802

101010301_913784155786270_64771201648264that's ryuk, my gato. not the found kitty. 

100540548_911482702683082_18053799122116  i was going to name him fanta. but he hasn't been around in a couple days. :(

• Like 3

On 3/26/2020 at 2:18 PM, discole monade said:

or making stuff happen?

going to try 'pallet gardening' 

we have a land dispute, and the asshole neighbor fenced in my 'garden' area. 

ftb.

so...because tilling in the area i have would seem problematic, going to try this palletgarden_annegibson-560x410.jpg

i'll let you know how it turns out. got 5 pallets, and 2 small cable spools. should be a neat venture. 

what are you doing to pass the time?

I garden in pots

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, Vamped said:

Took a mental health day from work. I dont think my cucumbers are gonna make it.

Kinda looks like somethings been eating on my sprouts T.T

cucumbers are a weird plant. mine aren't doing so well either. 

but like i said, i'm trying pallet gardening, which is a trial and error sort of thing. 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, discole monade said:

or making stuff happen?

going to try 'pallet gardening' 

we have a land dispute, and the asshole neighbor fenced in my 'garden' area. 

ftb.

so...because tilling in the area i have would seem problematic, going to try this palletgarden_annegibson-560x410.jpg

i'll let you know how it turns out. got 5 pallets, and 2 small cable spools. should be a neat venture. 

what are you doing to pass the time?

First of all wow... you have been super productive! 

Personally I have still been going to work through all this. Who knew that libraries were essential during a pandemic? I get that the community college should stay open to hand out computers to students, but not stay open everyday.  :|

Now my other library job has no excuse, the city just wants us to stay open. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lily_cat said:

First of all wow... you have been super productive! 

Personally I have still been going to work through all this. Who knew that libraries were essential during a pandemic? I get that the community college should stay open to hand out computers to students, but not stay open everyday.  :|

Now my other library job has no excuse, the city just wants us to stay open. 

getting ready to pick tomatoes. 

the collards didn't really make it, but i'm not surprised. wrong time to plant. 

got pumpkins and zucchini popping. 

and my 'herb' garden is doing pretty well. 

our library has been closed through all this. 

On 6/17/2020 at 5:26 PM, discole monade said:

getting ready to pick tomatoes. 

the collards didn't really make it, but i'm not surprised. wrong time to plant. 

got pumpkins and zucchini popping. 

and my 'herb' garden is doing pretty well. 

our library has been closed through all this. 

I somehow I think I wouldn't be as productive as you. But I'm glad most of your crop pulled through.

That's good, older people tend to visit libraries the most and they don't like to change their routines. One of my libraries is partially closed to the public. We are doing curbside pickup now. I think we are planning on opening latet this month. I still have to figure out Summer reading. I have a felling our numbers will be low.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, new_disease said:

I'm finally learning crochet. By winter I'll have made myself a beanie and a scarf 

that is fantastic!

go to allfreecrochet.com there are SO many beginner patterns, that are super easy. 

i'm thinking of doing asmr videos on how to crochet. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 7:11 AM, discole monade said:

that is fantastic!

go to allfreecrochet.com there are SO many beginner patterns, that are super easy. 

i'm thinking of doing asmr videos on how to crochet. 

Awesome thanks! I've been using youtube videos so far and even on the videos where they purposely go slow and they finish something simple like a flower in 10 minutes it takes me nearly an hour. But I'm slowly getting it. You should definitely do those videos, I'd watch them and learn 

• Thanks 1

whelp. 

tomorrow i have to clean the pool and refill it. we can't find 'shock' anywhere. so the algae build up was horrible, even with the filter. *sigh*

then getting started on turning the shed into a commissary. 

big things happening on the ole' discole homestead. 

Edited by discole monade

that's really good! 

looks like you're doing a dc stitch. did you use a 'magic ring'?

if not, might i suggest doing a magic ring, then doing a sc inside the ring (6 around)

then doing your dc inc around (12)

what do you plan on doing? 

i have a pattern for 'curtains' that use flowers if you want. 

super easy, 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, discole monade said:

that's really good! 

looks like you're doing a dc stitch. did you use a 'magic ring'?

if not, might i suggest doing a magic ring, then doing a sc inside the ring (6 around)

then doing your dc inc around (12)

what do you plan on doing? 

i have a pattern for 'curtains' that use flowers if you want. 

super easy, 

Thanks! 

and yup! The video I used to make that had me start with a magic ring,  then after that it was treble crochet and single crochet. 

So far I haven't really thought much about what to do, I figure I'd start with "easy" things like that flower to get the hang of it and work my way up to eventually be good enough to crochet myself a beanie and or a scarf by the time winter is here. It's dumb but I want to be able to say that the comfy thing I'm wearing is something I made myself. That's my main goal overall I guess. 

I'd love to give that a shot 😁 I may need to order more yarn though, I underestimated how much these flowers required and bought too little 

• Like 2

here are some patterns. 

super easy. and simple stitches. 

http://onceuponapinkmoon.blogspot.com/2013/05/flower-power-valance-tutorial.html

https://cozyandcheer.com/light-and-airy-beanie/

and if you go to a blog pattern site. i suggest copy/paste the pattern to your documents. those bloggers don't stay up long. 

i've bookmarked so many sites only to go back later and find them gone. 

• Like 2

Awesome, thanks! 

and that explains a lot, I bookmarked a page that had some neat and simple looking designs around October last year because I originally told myself I'd learn crochet during winter break of school (and my lazy ass didn't) and last time I tried going back that page wouldn't load anymore.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, new_disease said:

Also I've decided to ease into getting back to my piano/guitar/bass. I haven't touched any of them since I broke my left index finger last September. I've been overly protective of it ever since it healed and should probably stop that. 

Get at it ASAP! That's a lot of instruments you're going to be rusty on.

16 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Get at it ASAP! That's a lot of instruments you're going to be rusty on.

Yeah I already messed around on the piano today and my dexterity on there took a bigger hit than I thought so I'm not going to wait around much to get started

• Like 2

1 hour ago, new_disease said:

Also I've decided to ease into getting back to my piano/guitar/bass. I haven't touched any of them since I broke my left index finger last September. I've been overly protective of it ever since it healed and should probably stop that. 

i got a guitar for christmas about 4 years ago. 

i have YET to pick it up. i tuned it. that's it. 

i know 2 chords. ...and probably don't remember those. 

i haven't played piano in decades, and would love to have one. that i could pick back up pretty easy. 

i also want to learn a new language on dualingo. but once again...have yet to download the app. (also, i gave both my phones to my daughters~so i need a new phone -_- )

but that guitar, i was thinking about it the other day on my drive home listening to a song thinking, 'i wish knew how to play. (again with the  -_- )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, discole monade said:

i haven't played piano in decades, and would love to have one. that i could pick back up pretty easy. 

i also want to learn a new language on dualingo. but once again...have yet to download the app. (also, i gave both my phones to my daughters~so i need a new phone -_- )

but that guitar, i was thinking about it the other day on my drive home listening to a song thinking, 'i wish knew how to play. (again with the  -_- )

If you got extra downtime with these covid times, bring up some youtube guitar lessons.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, discole monade said:

If you have the money some digital piano keyboards aren't too expensive. Unless you want a full sized one with weighted keys like I did, then that'll cost you 😭

Dude if you make an account on duolingo let me know if you want to "compete" on there. I re-downloaded the app to learn French but it's hard getting the motivation to keep doing it. It was easier when my cousins were on there and we followed each others accounts to see how many points we earned a week and tried to one up each other. But then they gave up on it. 

As for the guitar you should give this website a shot for free lessons. https://www.justinguitar.com I learned from there before I took advanced guitar classes in community college a few years ago. For paid stuff udemy.com has a bunch of guitar courses you can buy for $20 or less when they go on sale. Also fender has its own courses through fender.com/play if you'd rather do paid lessons from a known guitar company. Either way, if you decide to pick up the guitar I'll be here to help motivate and cheer. 😃 I love seeing people pick up instruments 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, new_disease said:

If you have the money some digital piano keyboards aren't too expensive. Unless you want a full sized one with weighted keys like I did, then that'll cost you 😭

Dude if you make an account on duolingo let me know if you want to "compete" on there. I re-downloaded the app to learn French but it's hard getting the motivation to keep doing it. It was easier when my cousins were on there and we followed each others accounts to see how many points we earned a week and tried to one up each other. But then they gave up on it. 

As for the guitar you should give this website a shot for free lessons. https://www.justinguitar.com I learned from there before I took advanced guitar classes in community college a few years ago. For paid stuff udemy.com has a bunch of guitar courses you can buy for $20 or less when they go on sale. Also fender has its own courses through fender.com/play if you'd rather do paid lessons from a known guitar company. Either way, if you decide to pick up the guitar I'll be here to help motivate and cheer. 😃 I love seeing people pick up instruments 

i have to get a phone. this will be the 4th one in 5 years XD. i won't give this one away. 

i'll check out that site as well.  i have an electric board, but that just sits in the closet. i want an upright, (it's the only thing that will fit in the house)

and i took french and spanish 3 years each, but can't remember shite. i was going to start on spanish. 

i want to learn japanese. but i think i'll stick to latin based first. XD

and anytime you need help on a crochet project, let me know.