UnevenEdge

How much do you interact with Adult Swim anything?

enad

After the ASMB went down I realized that I don't have any point of contact with the network anymore.  It's been well-established that no one who frequented the boards actually watched the block for years, but I don't even have anything to do with old shows from my youth that can be found on streaming services or can tell you what is still in development or has been cancelled.  Like is Venture Bros. still being made?  I honestly don't know anything anymore.

Guest Zintar

I always have and still watch [as] regularly. I also interact through a few places. I watch a few of the streaming shows and call in and or post as the shows are running live.

Sometimes it's pretty fun and I have to say that the folks doing those shows are all pretty cool people. I have gotten a lot of neat free shit over the past couple of years.

I also enter most of the contests the main website puts up (won twice last year). I also occasionally have contact with some employees here and there over at reddit.

And, yes . . Venture Bros is still in production.

I work overnight most Sundays and so sometimes will watch a few of their shows at 3 and 4 AM because I have nothing else to do. This is my only connection to adult swim, I have a sling subscription and still never watch their live or on demand stuff.

I do enjoy the relatively light on MacFarlane Sunday night schedule, and appreciate stray episodes of Your Pretty Face, Mike Tyson, Eric Andre, late stage Aqua Teen, the latest Tim and Eric trash, Rick and Morty, and off the air, but only as at-work background noise. Hearing the Sealab theme and then a few hours later a funny Hank Hill line in passing is more often than not the entirety of my Sunday night viewership.

VB has slowed to a trickle of a single digit number of new episodes every few years.

When shows like metalocalpyse and the boondocks get canceled I always find out long after the fact because who can keep up with that shit.

Guest The Hound

After the ASMB went down I realized that I don't have any point of contact with the network anymore.  It's been well-established that no one who frequented the boards actually watched the block for years, but I don't even have anything to do with old shows from my youth that can be found on streaming services or can tell you what is still in development or has been cancelled.  Like is Venture Bros. still being made?  I honestly don't know anything anymore.

I only watch [as] when I'm at someone's house late at night w/nothing to do.

With [as] itself: none

With their shows?  A bit. 

I dont have cable, and even when I did I never watched it live.  I watch some of their shows on Hulu from time to time, but I dont go out of my way to figure out anything they are doing these days.

Short of R&M and Venture Brothers I really dont even watch their shows.

Guest The Hound

well i still watch mostly as background noise

but i will be watching the new season of rick and morty as it comes out

just [as] isnt as amazing like it used it be and thats problems dealing with the people at the top

I'll give one DB super dub episode a watch.

That's it. If I even remember if its on. It doesn't get a second episode view though.

just [as] isnt as amazing like it used it be and thats problems dealing with the people at the top

I honestly think I'm outgrowing AS's brand of humor. The over indulgence of sex/violence/toilet humor often gets eye rolls out of me instead of laughs.  I think that's a big reason why Rick and Morty is so popular, it breaks that mold and is genuinely clever.  Mike Tyson Mysteries is another great show, and it has its outlet for the shock stuff (mostly pigeon) but it doesn't rely solely on that kind of stuff for laughs.

I know this is blasphemy, but aside from R&M and MTM, I enjoy the Fox shows much more than their original programming these days.

I honestly think I'm outgrowing AS's brand of humor. The over indulgence of sex/violence/toilet humor often gets eye rolls out of me instead of laughs.  I think that's a big reason why Rick and Morty is so popular, it breaks that mold and is genuinely clever.  Mike Tyson Mysteries is another great show, and it has its outlet for the shock stuff (mostly pigeon) but it doesn't rely solely on that kind of stuff for laughs.

I know this is blasphemy, but aside from R&M and MTM, I enjoy the Fox shows much more than their original programming these days.

I was pretty disappointed with the second season of R&M, though.

Oddly, it had more of the overindulgence of violence than S1.

Coincidence?

Hmmm, I use to have it as background noise but now I don't even turn it on; mostly because we got rid of cable...but we do have SlingTV and [as]/CN is on there, but meh.

Rick and Morty is good, but I have streaming sites that I use to watch that...plus trakt.tv tells me when new things start.

But other than Rick and Morty, there really isn't any other show on there I care about...and I've seen the Family Guy/Bob's Burgers/whatever shet already, so no real point for me to actively turn it on.

Oh and anime...I've most likely have watched it and/or I prefer to watch the sub.

I'll give one DB super dub episode a watch.

That's it. If I even remember if its on. It doesn't get a second episode view though.

I havent watched the anime [as] aired in a while mostly because if the shower has more fillers then a couple shows combined it is garbage

far as comedy goes we are just becoming seth's channel

with the cancellation of metaloclypse and how that was handled that was just awful

then there is like what 8 episodes for venture bros every at best 3 years isnt worth the wait

there are other problems

Pretty much its only rm and mtm worth watching because they only have reruns of seths shows or in 3+ years youll see new venture  bros

but they dont have anything else going on

Guest Zintar

Seems not too many watch the network. No worries. Who cares.

I'm among a minority here, as I think the network is still great. Excellent even.

Over the past several years there have been many great shows. Childrens Hospital was always a solid show. Every season pretty much delivered

great, funny and well produced mini motion pictures. lol. If yer into that kind of crap.  The series finale was really great.

Neon Joe was awesome. Jon is funny as funny can be and PFFR always delivers, even if season three of TH,SH was kinda bumpy.

Bedtime Stories was pretty good and got progressively better as the episodes rolled along.

Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell is fantastic. Dave and Casper and al involved are killing it. I can't wait for another season.

Mr Pickles. Another fantastic show that gets slammed by many. That said, many folks have seemed to come around and ended up liking the show after

actually watching a few episodes.

Brad Neely's HNSP was great. Sorry to see it chopped. Not as sorry as I still am for no new eps of China,IL.

Squidbillies. Still great, this last round of eps were out there. The holiday specials were also pretty nice. I think there are still some unaired eps from this

current season.    Seems they are dragging some things . . . like Your Pretty Face . . I think another round of eps is still due to air . .

Black Jesus. I really enjoy that show. Looking forward to seeing season three. Too bad Fish is gone this run.

Check It Out,  season 4 was tight. Rumors that it is now cancelled. Not sure whats up . . .

Newsreaders was great. Sorry to see it go.

Hot Package. Awesome shit. Derrick is wicked. Great guy too. He has a pilot to possibly air still. Also, maybe more Totally For Teens.

Lots of great "infomercial" programs.

I could go on. hahaha. Happy New Year.

Seems not too many watch the network. No worries. Who cares.

I'm among a minority here, as I think the network is still great. Excellent even.

Over the past several years there have been many great shows. Childrens Hospital was always a solid show. Every season pretty much delivered

great, funny and well produced mini motion pictures. lol. If yer into that kind of crap.  The series finale was really great.

Neon Joe was awesome. Jon is funny as funny can be and PFFR always delivers, even if season three of TH,SH was kinda bumpy.

Bedtime Stories was pretty good and got progressively better as the episodes rolled along.

Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell is fantastic. Dave and Casper and al involved are killing it. I can't wait for another season.

Mr Pickles. Another fantastic show that gets slammed by many. That said, many folks have seemed to come around and ended up liking the show after

actually watching a few episodes.

Brad Neely's HNSP was great. Sorry to see it chopped. Not as sorry as I still am for no new eps of China,IL.

Squidbillies. Still great, this last round of eps were out there. The holiday specials were also pretty nice. I think there are still some unaired eps from this

current season.    Seems they are dragging some things . . . like Your Pretty Face . . I think another round of eps is still due to air . .

Black Jesus. I really enjoy that show. Looking forward to seeing season three. Too bad Fish is gone this run.

Check It Out,  season 4 was tight. Rumors that it is now cancelled. Not sure whats up . . .

Newsreaders was great. Sorry to see it go.

Hot Package. Awesome shit. Derrick is wicked. Great guy too. He has a pilot to possibly air still. Also, maybe more Totally For Teens.

Lots of great "infomercial" programs.

I could go on. hahaha. Happy New Year.

Which [as] corporate exec. are you again?

I've watched the Saturday block religiously for...Jesus, it's over a decade at this point, but that's literally the only connection I have left.  I don't even think I managed to get through the last little stint of VB premieres.  The occasional show like Rick and Morty or Mike Tyson looks like it may be enjoyable, but I'm not really a streaming guy, and it doesn't seem worth the effort to DVR them.  It's sad, because back in college I'd have the block on every night, back when Fridays didn't exist and the weeknight lineup was classic Family Guy, Futurama, ATHF, and various anime reruns.  It was probably around the time they let the rights to Futurama expire that I started trailing off, and since then it seems like the network's identity largely revolved around riding Seth MacFarlane's jock.

• 4 months later...

I would say I've watched [as] outside of Toonami in 2017 a LOT more than 2016.

Why? One word: Boondocks. For the first time in several years, it rose from the grave outside occasional "Animation Marathon" streaming to actually get a weeknight replay at 12:30 that featured Season 4 in March and April, then took a brief hiatus but returned at 12:15 and even got a replay at 4:30 in parts of April and May.

Also, I watched Samurai Jack on Wednesday nights, Dragonball Super premieres Saturday evenings at 8 (technically outside Toonami though those are both Toonami shows), and occasionally enjoyable DVR Theater shows like Assy McGee, 12 Ounce Mouse, and even Black Dynamite.

Plus I am digging the new season of Mike Tyson Mysteries despite how F**ked up some of these episodes are. Like last night's--MY GOD!

I haven't really bothered with non-Toonami AS for the entire year outside of [both] April Fool's stunts. The Million Dollar Extreme incident along with choice real life events have really soured me on their recent programming.

Oh... well, there was the "classic hour" on Sundays with Brak, Space Ghost, and the like. I watched that for a while, mostly as a way to finally experience these shows. And I watched every episode of SGC2C over a couple of months, but most of those were on DVD or streaming.