UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

What a way to wrap up Week 1! (Holy alliteration, Batman! lol) An overtime thriller in East Rutherford ends with the Jets winning 22-16 over the Bills on the 22nd anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacts! Could this finally be the year it all clicks for Gang Green? We'll see.

See ya for Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime!

Edited by Gemini
Yeah, yeah. "Shut up, Gemini." lol
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

They’re saying Rodgers tore his Achilles. If that’s it his career might be over given his age. Season is over, probably. I hope it’s not his Achilles but if it is that’s so disappointing. 

Oh, that really sucks. I hope this isn't how it ends for him. But if it is, he's had a hell of a career. He's most likely a first-ballot HOF'er.

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

They’re saying Rodgers tore his Achilles. If that’s it his career might be over given his age. Season is over, probably. I hope it’s not his Achilles but if it is that’s so disappointing. 

That’s a rough way to go out.  But Kobe found his way back, so who knows?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That’s a rough way to go out.  But Kobe found his way back, so who knows?

I just don’t see it. He’s 39 yo he had already been thinking of retiring.  He really wanted to be a part of the ny jets and everything about this offense was centered around him. I feel disappointed for Rodgers. Maybe he’ll come back next year but I really don’t see it right now. Lol I’m still hoping it’s not true but I seen the replay. You see the moment the Achilles probably snapped you see the calf move like a wave 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I just don’t see it. He’s 39 yo he had already been thinking of retiring.  He really wanted to be a part of the ny jets and everything about this offense was centered around him. I feel disappointed for Rodgers. Maybe he’ll come back next year but I really don’t see it right now. Lol I’m still hoping it’s not true but I seen the replay. You see the moment the Achilles probably snapped you see the calf move like a wave 

That’s a creepy thing to see.

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah, I saw the calf move like that, too. Also, I'm sorry for saying to let tsar have his moment. I didn't realize how bad the injury really was until afterward.

Edited by Gemini

Shit really sucks about Rogers, but holy fuck what a nutso game. Jets fucking pulled it off and Josh Allen continues to show he would just rather lug the ball around and still cannot play in OT. 

So glad the Jets were able to pull through after the potentially career ending injury for Rogers though. I am praying but, from slowmo video and Saleh's stark tone, it is not looking good. Jets will have to get their O in line and quick, because as good as their D is, they cannot expect to rely on that the whole season.. 

Anyways, J.E.T.S JETS! 

Now that I have finally calmed down, it is off to bed for me. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The Jets aren’t allowed to have nice things fuuuck 

>.>

I hate love being this person, but I didn't see anyone that was vaccinated get their foot caught on the turf tonight :happyjerk:

If you need some good news... there's a really weird law in California that somehow lists bees as a fish, so now the land they're on is protected

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, molarbear said:

>.>

I hate love being this person, but I didn't see anyone that was vaccinated get their foot caught on the turf tonight :happyjerk:

If you need some good news... there's a really weird law in California that somehow lists bees as a fish, so now the land they're on is protected

I’m blaming the smelling salts. Did you see Rodgers on the sidelines practically shoveling the shit up his nose he was smelling them so hard 😆

• Haha 1

Rodgers played 4 snaps last night, 5 if you count his Achilles

(shamelessly stolen from Twitter)

Everything considered, last nights game really was bonkers. All the hype, then the injury, Allen completing more passes to the Jets than to Diggs, Zach "Milf Hunter" Wilson looking halfway decent, then the OT return.

It was one of the wildest games I have seen in a very long time.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Oh cmon. You know it would be freaking hilarious if he came out of retirement to join the Jets.

And imagine if he takes them to another SB?

I would only love it if Bellichick hated it. He’s a fuckin dbag he traded picks w another team during the draft, not cuz NE needed to but only because the team they traded w wanted the same o lineman we wanted and Bellichick didn’t want the jets to get him.  Complete dick head d bag maneuver. Had we had that guy maybe Rodgers wouldn’t have gotten hurt.  Now we’re stuck w Zach cuz Saleh said he’s the guy now. They elevated Boyle from the practice squad to be the backup.  If the jets do get another QB it won’t be to compete w Zach. 

• Like 2

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic