UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

30 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The QB pick? No one did 

Yeah, we got a franchise QB in the free market, and sure we will need a contingency plan eventually cuz Kirk is old, but why now? Fotenot’s days are numbered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

Yeah, we got a franchise QB in the free market, and sure we will need a contingency plan eventually cuz Kirk is old, but why now? Fotenot’s days are numbered.

Well....and it's hilarious to me since we're already a circus....Kirk is pretty shocked too....but he signed for 4 years and if we cut him before 26-27, we don't have to pay him the full amount. 🤣

But seriously, I just see it as grooming the kid before that 4 years is up....Kirk will be 40 and already wants to "retire as a falcon" and who knows what the in league QB pool will be like in a few years.

It's probably not the move I would have made but I don't find it.....like super unreasonable.

I've expressed this exact sentiment in my ATL group and have been assaulted with laugh reacts, so I get it...but whatever....if Kirk gets his ass Roger'd, we gotta put someone in.

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Well....and it's hilarious to me since we're already a circus....Kirk is pretty shocked too....but he signed for 4 years and if we cut him before 26-27, we don't have to pay him the full amount. 🤣

But seriously, I just see it as grooming the kid before that 4 years is up....Kirk will be 40 and already wants to "retire as a falcon" and who knows what the in league QB pool will be like in a few years.

It's probably not the move I would have made but I don't find it.....like super unreasonable.

I've expressed this exact sentiment in my ATL group and have been assaulted with laugh reacts, so I get it...but whatever....if Kirk gets his ass Roger'd, we gotta put someone in.

The morning after, I’m trying to cope. I still don’t get it? I know last year showed us how important having depth at QB is, but using the 8th pick, after spending an obscene amount of guaranteed money on a starter reeks of bad management and disarray. I hope to be wrong.

9 hours ago, André Toulon said:

I think this is dead on.  Fans must be tripping if they think can just plug and play a new qb if their starter is sidelined like Aaron "The Mouth" Rodgers.  Getting a chance to work with  a talented young guy and no real risk of him being thrown into the starting slot in invaluable.  It's one of the few things Green Bay has done right for so long.

• Thanks 2