UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

Hello my lovelies!  Wednesday July 19, 2023 starts training camp for our favorite NFL teams!

What will this season bring?  Will the NY Jets seriously do a Super Bowl run with their acquisition of Aaron Rodgers, or will them being forced to do “Hard Knocks” be the distraction that Saleh fears?

Will this season finally see new teams taking over the top slots now that Tom Brady is officially out of the league?

As for the pick em game, idk because Ginguy isn’t around anymore but if people want to play I might make some half assed attempt at keeping scores or whatever.  Lmk below 

Let’s get this party started and smack talk away!

9 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

@Raptorpat is Ginguy just a busy dude?  Did he turn victim to the Q anon glory hole? Or is he persona non potato Au gratin? Idw to start his game if there’s a chance he’ll be back. But if there’s no chance that’s different 

Pretty sure he was cried off the boards, but I'm nott 100% if it's permanent or he just said fuck it and didn't make another account 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I thought he was banned and had to make a new SN to come back.  And, he didn’t because he’s s salty bitch.

That’s possible or he could be in jail. Maybe he was at the Capitol on the 6th and never told us. Or he got sacrificed because Trump and the GOP needed to sacrifice a virgin to Roger Stone

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That’s possible or he could be in jail. Maybe he was at the Capitol on the 6th and never told us. Or he got sacrificed because Trump and the GOP needed to sacrifice a virgin to Roger Stone

That would be awesome.  I could tell all my friends I knew an insurrectionist.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Seriously you never saw him post at all?  I have. I’m not saying I interacted with his posts but I definitely remember him posting.  

I probably had to have seen a post.  I just didn’t particularly remember them.  I was a fairly horrible camper then.

On 7/16/2023 at 8:34 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Seriously you never saw him post at all?  I have. I’m not saying I interacted with his posts but I definitely remember him posting.  

I was actually friends with him. We talked....fuck, what was that damn game.....

Undertale a lot

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, 1pooh4u said:

I mean it makes sense that scoob wouldn't have encountered Mo. Didn't that dude hang out in IB?

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2023 at 11:19 PM, Gemini said:

I mean it makes sense that scoob wouldn't have encountered Mo. Didn't that dude hang out in IB?

He did but it’s not like Scoob never posted in IB. That’s where I knew Scoob from first, from IB.  I didn’t post in babbling until the last year of the boards and I knew Scoob way before that. 

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

He did but it’s not like Scoob never posted in IB. That’s where I knew Scoob from first, from IB.  I didn’t post in babbling until the last year of the boards and I knew Scoob way before that. 

Gemini is right.  I maybe posted three times ever in IB before maybe the last year or so of the ASMB.  For whatever reason, it took me an incredibly long time to figure out how to post there and, by that time, I'd missed the golden age.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Gemini is right.  I maybe posted three times ever in IB before maybe the last year or so of the ASMB.  For whatever reason, it took me an incredibly long time to figure out how to post there and, by that time, I'd missed the golden age.

Seriously cuz I remember you from IB before I ever stepped foot in babbling. Not saying I saw you regularly but I knew you before I ever posted in babbling. 

but that doesn’t even matter I was just surprised you never saw him. No need for the peanut gallery to defend your honor or something :poophead:😆

Edited by 1pooh4u

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol I like how Scoob thanked your post as though he doesn’t remember wtf he posted  

i was trying to find that thread that scoobed thanked about flat earth....like scoob just proved and blew minds that the world, was in fact...flat, and possibly on the back of a turtle. 

X ] shut up scoob. 

here's the line up this year for my beloved giants.  1st game is a good one. i hope the stomp heads. 

daboll's 2nd season. he did pretty well last year. 

unpopular opinion: SO glad obj and manning are no longer part of the team. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i was trying to find that thread that scoobed thanked about flat earth....like scoob just proved and blew minds that the world, was in fact...flat, and possibly on the back of a turtle. 

X ] shut up scoob. 

here's the line up this year for my beloved giants.  1st game is a good one. i hope the stomp heads. 

daboll's 2nd season. he did pretty well last year. 

unpopular opinion: SO glad obj and manning are no longer part of the team. 

I've always lowkey respected the Giants. They were in the first Super Bowl I actually remember watching with my older brothers. (Super Bowl XXV) Still, GO TEXANS!

pooh: In fairness, I don't remember ever seeing scoob in IB. But if you say you saw him post in IB, I believe you.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I've always lowkey respected the Giants. They were in the first Super Bowl I actually remember watching with my older brothers. (Super Bowl XXV) Still, GO TEXANS!

pooh: In fairness, I don't remember ever seeing scoob in IB. But if you say you saw him post in IB, I believe you.

i actually started as a diehard steelers fan. through and through, my 2nd fav team was the houston oilers and the house of pain. man, i loved watching them destroy teams. (late 70's)

but then we moved to ny, and that's all she wrote. i remember going to grams and passing the stadium and always being confused 'ny giants in jersey. the jets should be jersey 'cause j' ~ you know....knit wit 9 year old thinking. 

Edited by discolé monade
words are hard
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I can’t believe the ny  jets gotta do hard knocks. The Commanders qualified and they didn’t mind doing it but nooooo, it’s gotta be the jets cuz Aaron Rodgers 🙄

Hey, we did it in 2015. We ended up making the playoffs. Only to be unceremoniously shut out by Kansas City's stiffling defense. At home.

Edited by Gemini
It didn't help that Bryan Hoyer threw four interceptions that day either.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t understand why they’re willing to pay 100m for every position except running back 

"Actually we WANT our multi-billion dollar league to play the exact same way as the Arena Football League"

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I tried watching arena football and Canadian football but I just couldn’t get into it. I think the Canadian game both teams had the same name or some shit. Idk 🤷‍♀️😆

I know what you mean. I watched some USFL and XFL games during their respective seasons, but it just didn't feel the same. (Oh, and you mean the Roughriders vs. the Stampeders? Yeah, some of the names of CFL teams are a little...out there. lol)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

i like the sport, but i will NEVER understand the $$ these atheletes make. outrageous. 

They get paid insane amounts but they need the $$$ to deal with the effects of CTE. I bet 100% of nfl running backs have CTE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

I know what you mean. I watched some USFL and XFL games during their respective seasons, but it just didn't feel the same. (Oh, and you mean the Roughriders vs. the Stampeders? Yeah, some of the names of CFL teams are a little...out there. lol)

😆

yeah it was some crazy names like that and the field looked weird to me and idk if they were doing our system or metric 😆

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

😆

yeah it was some crazy names like that and the field looked weird to me and idk if they were doing our system or metric 😆

Oh, they do use yards like we do. They just have 10 extra yards from goal line to goal line plus end zones that are 20 yards deep. The dimensions are really weird.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gemini said:

Oh, they do use yards like we do. They just have 10 extra yards from goal line to goal line plus end zones that are 20 yards deep. The dimensions are really weird.

I noticed their goal post were where ours used to be literally in the players way so they can run right into it 😆

1 hour ago, Satou Kazuma said:

So we doing this fantasy draft this year? Just got the email yesterday about the league being auto renewed.

yeah, I want to get back into fantasy football this year as well. There are only two problems: First, if empty isn't running it, we need to find another person. (If nobody wants to do that, I'd be more than happy to.) Second, we need to make sure we have enough players. I'm thinking if we have at least eight, we'll be okay. But then, it's a matter of having an even number of players. Ideally, I'd eight players. It's small and manageable. However, if we have 12 players, it would be better for scheduling. (It might also allow me or whoever runs the league this year to form two six-team divisions.)

Let me look into this and check back with you later. Deal?

Edited by Gemini
Wasn't aware that scoob ran the fantasy league last year.

16 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I noticed their goal post were where ours used to be literally in the players way so they can run right into it 😆

Yep. Also, there's something that either team can score on special teams called a rouge. It's a little complicated, but this article from the Sporting News does a decent job explaining it.

Edited by Gemini
Needed to specify that it's a special teams kind of thing.
  • Thanks 1

Back to the fantasy football question. I just realized this as well: If empty doesn't come back to run it, the person running it this year would have to make a new league. This is due to the fact that to the best of my knowledge he was the only one who could revive it. But if enough people want it (and are able to participate), we will have one.

Edited by Gemini
sorry for the triple post, pooh. Also, wasn't aware that scoob ran the league last year.

2 minutes ago, Satou Kazuma said:

I thought Scoob was in charge last year.

I was not aware of that. I came back to the boards in January around the end of the NFL regular season. If that's the case, that's great. Either way, my bad.

So if that's the case, it would be up to scoob if he wants to run it this year, which again depends on how much interest there is.

51 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yep. Also, there's something that either team can score on special teams called a rouge. It's a little complicated, but this article from the Sporting News does a decent job explaining it.

I’m gonna have to read that again none of that made any sense. If the player doesn’t get out of the end zone or misses a field goal the opposing team gets a point?

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic