UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

Hey everybody if you wanna get super pissed off more than you ever been in your entire fuckin life watch BS High. I am about half way done. I could not finish it in one sitting cuz I was gonna break my TV cuz I hated Roy Johnson so much. Give it a watch guys. Some of you probably already know cuz perhaps you watched the game on ESPN when IMG Academy destroyed Bishop Sycamore HS for the country to see.  The doc is about how all the chips came tumbling down. 
I swear I never felt such disgust towards a person in my life as I felt towards breathing piece of crap Roy Johnson 

• Thanks 1

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/08/28/browns-michael-dunn-cut-hours-wishing-him-happy-birthday-social-media

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/7/28/23811429/green-bay-packers-happy-birthday-wish-cut-release-training-camp

If I had a nickel for every time an NFL team cut a player this preseason on the same day they wished him a happy birthday, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

We all do. Chrebet has got to be one off the best walk ons of all time 

He was my favorite player, think we were about the same height 😄

but his willingness to make the catch at all costs definitely shortened his career meow, so much grit in a little package

Hofstra wow

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Ahh…THERE are the Lions I know

Sure, but they're hanging with the defending champs so far.

Edit: And as soon as I said that, Kansas City scores a touchdown. lulz (as in lulz to me)

Edited by Gemini

Good game so far ball’s all over the place

I can’t fuckin believe I’m going to miss the first jet game of the year because spectrum dropped Disney if I get YouTube tv it has my local networks and espn I’m thinking about dropping spectrum cable just pay for internet. Wtf do I need them for if they’re not gonna provide the channels I watch and purposely remove channels just as football season is starting?  Disney didn’t pull their shit from spectrum. Spectrum dropped them. 

• Thanks 1

No harm no foul on late picks if more people wanna jump in cuz all of us that put in on time got it wrong 😆🫠

you can jump in any time btw jic you’re thinking “oh I missed it so forget it” pig skin pick em stays anyone’s game for pretty much the entire season even if you miss a few games or weeks even 

I signed up for a ten day trial of YouTube TV so I can watch the game tomorrow. My Dad offered to let us watch at his place cuz he’s got Verizon but we’re pretty loud and the game will be on late for him.  We could have went to a bar but that’s not really our thing anymore.  Plus my other half orders weird drinks no one’s made since the 80s…..it’s just best to watch the game at home 😆

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I signed up for a ten day trial of YouTube TV so I can watch the game tomorrow. My Dad offered to let us watch at his place cuz he’s got Verizon but we’re pretty loud and the game will be on late for him.  We could have went to a bar but that’s not really our thing anymore.  Plus my other half orders weird drinks no one’s made since the 80s…..it’s just best to watch the game at home 😆

I gotta know that drink order now

• Haha 1

It looks like I'm gonna win my fantasy football matchup and Week 1 isn't even over yet. Also, I'm so pissed Lamar Jackson didn't have a big game (he was my starting quarterback this week), though I'm happy my Texans' defense kept Houston in the game as long as they possibly could. And Stroud was decent. He obviously needs some work, but he'll get there.

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow the Giants look terrible 

Yes, they do. Also, Dak is my backup QB in our fantasy league. I swear, if he does better than Lamar Jackson did today, I'm gonna be pissed! (It'll probably happen, too. L-Jack only netted me 7.56 fantasy points. Dak already has 4.24.)

I'm not joking. I almost switched them before the early games today.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

Spectrum and Disney signed a deal and the customer loses. Spectrum wanted its “select” customers to have “free” access to Disney+ and ESPN+(when it launches) services w ads but Disney was like “no cuz of exclusives” anywho I probably will keep the YouTube TV cancel all spectrum services except internet until I eventually switch to Verizon internet or T-Mobile maybe even cuz I’m done. No one should be paying more than $20 a month for internet cuz our fuckin tax dollars went to its creation and implementation.  

28 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Spectrum and Disney signed a deal and the customer loses. Spectrum wanted its “select” customers to have “free” access to Disney+ and ESPN+(when it launches) services w ads but Disney was like “no cuz of exclusives” anywho I probably will keep the YouTube TV cancel all spectrum services except internet until I eventually switch to Verizon internet or T-Mobile maybe even cuz I’m done. No one should be paying more than $20 a month for internet cuz our fuckin tax dollars went to its creation and implementation.  

Don't get T-Mobile.  Their service sucks.

9 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Don't get T-Mobile.  Their service sucks.

I been w them since they were voicestream. Never had an issue with my cell or data. Their service has only improved and expanded over the years.  I like their customer service so I would definitely be willing to give them a shot

29 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I been w them since they were voicestream. Never had an issue with my cell or data. Their service has only improved and expanded over the years.  I like their customer service so I would definitely be willing to give them a shot

Oh, well that's good.  They completely botched the takeover from Sprint for us.  I'm a business user and i ended up getting screwed because they killed my mobile hotspot right before I needed to run a Zoom meeting.  They couldn't reactivate it for reasons unrelated to us (we were up to date with payments), so I waited a week for them to send me a new mobile hotspot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Oh, well that's good.  They completely botched the takeover from Sprint for us.  I'm a business user and i ended up getting screwed because they killed my mobile hotspot right before I needed to run a Zoom meeting.  They couldn't reactivate it for reasons unrelated to us (we were up to date with payments), so I waited a week for them to send me a new mobile hotspot.

That’s fucked up. I never dealt with them for business all I know is that they were the only mobile company willing to give me cell service without prepaying although I did have them prepaid at first. No company is gonna be perfect. My mom (rip) she had issues w them as well 

it sucks to say this but it’s no longer “oh yeah this company is great” but for me it’s been “this company sucks slightly less than the others” for the last ten years or so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

Spent part of the weekend watching a horror show.

It took place at Soldier Field...

Yeah, but did you die? (lol Sorry.)

If it helps make you feel better, I watched my Houston Cougars come back from being down four touchdowns to our in-city rival Rice Owls only to lose by two points in double overtime at Rice Stadium. So yes, let's wallow in misery.

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic