UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

46 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m gonna have to read that again none of that made any sense. If the player doesn’t get out of the end zone or misses a field goal the opposing team gets a point?

Yep. Kinda weird. Then again, I’ve always believed that the NFL should have a rule, where if the kicking team kicks the ball through the uprights during kickoff, they should get three points. 🤣

• Haha 1

Nfl approved the sale of the Washington Commanders for $6.05bn to Josh Harris some financial equities asshole that owns a major franchise in every sport except baseball. He owns the 76ers and a hockey team in the NHL  
Snyder made about 5bn dollars off the sale he bought the team in 1999 for 800m

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-approves-605b-sale-of-washington-commanders-officially-ending-the-dan-snyder-era-205317798.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Nfl approved the sale of the Washington Commanders for $6.05bn to Josh Harris some financial equities asshole that owns a major franchise in every sport except baseball. He owns the 76ers and a hockey team in the NHL  
Snyder made about 5bn dollars off the sale he bought the team in 1999 for 800m

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/nfl-approves-605b-sale-of-washington-commanders-officially-ending-the-dan-snyder-era-205317798.html

I guess the NFL decided no price was too high to wrestle control from the hands of a massive dickhead like Dan Snyder. I mean don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy Snyder's no longer an NFL owner. Guy was -- and is -- a giant asshole. But that's just too high of a price. The commissioner and the other 31 owners should've gotten together and voted to kick him out with the understanding that this is a very special case where drastic action needed to be taken and brought in someone to buy it for half the eventual purchase price. (But that's just me.) But they decided they'd rather "oust" him by having him sell the franchise than just outright remove him. I get it, though. It would've set a precedent that no owner is really safe, even if they made a point to say this would've been a one-time thing.

Edited by Gemini
Yes, I remember $6.05 Billion was what was reported a few months back.

Shit that pisses me off is that some asshole can spend billions on a team and then still seek state $$ for stadiums. Wtf do taxpayers gotta pay for that?  In NY tax payers are gonna pay hundreds of millions of dollars to build a new stadium for the Bills 

• Like 2

Shit that pisses me off is that some asshole can spend billions on a team and then still seek state $$ for stadiums. Wtf do taxpayers gotta pay for that?  In NY tax payers are gonna pay hundreds of millions of dollars to build a new stadium for the Bills 

A lot of owners are greedy jerks. I will say, however, that there are cases where the owner and the city cover the construction costs together as a show of good faith on both sides. The city gets a venue that will allow it to make money not just at the venue itself, but also (ideally) at surrounding establishments, especially during a good year for the team. Plus, and I've mentioned this before, if your NFL team has a retractable roof stadium or at least a domed stadium (or even just located in an area known for having warm weather for most of the calendar year), your city has a good chance of being selected to host Super Bowls, college football bowl games, college football games in general (like season kickoff games and neutral site rivalry games, for example), WWE events (like this year's WrestleMania over at SoFI Stadium), concerts, and in the case of retractable roof/domed stadiums, conference and national basketball tournaments, particularly the Final Four. And that means (at least usually) a lot of people coming from all over just to attend the event.

Is it silly and even maddening at times? Absolutely. But it also comes with its perks, especially if it's a great sports facility.

Edited by Gemini
Inb4ShutUpGemini lol

Why Your Team Sucks is back and if you're wondering why I always point that out this year's Bears preview includes the lines:

• "If you asked Mike Ditka to recite the entire alphabet his answer would be 'Six!'"
  • "Nathan Peterman, who has that Nathan Peterman in him"
  • and a story about a man whose father told him the first thing he did after he was born was watch Chicago beat the Jaguars, only to find out years later that they actually LOST that game
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2023 at 11:51 AM, Master-Debater131 said:

Add Jets WR Garret Wilson to the list now as well!

He limped off the field with an apparent ankle injury in todays practice.

Oh, and Dalvin Cook is going to visit with the Jets.

Well, the New York Metro Area is well known for its many culinary choices.

Edited by Gemini

On 7/27/2023 at 12:51 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

Add Jets WR Garret Wilson to the list now as well!

He limped off the field with an apparent ankle injury in todays practice.

Oh, and Dalvin Cook is going to visit with the Jets.

His injury ain’t nothing probably won’t play in the HOF game Thursday but he won’t miss many practices or season games because of it 

11 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Broncos lost 2 WRs yesterday. Patrick with an Achilles, and Hamler with a heart condition.

Once again, the Broncos WR corps gets decimated before the season even begins.

You will hear tell of Denver having a good wideout corps in 2023 now that Tim Patrick is back after missing all of last season.

I'm posting this because the Broncos WYTS that has this line was put on Defector fucking YESTERDAY

12 hours ago, Seight said:

You will hear tell of Denver having a good wideout corps in 2023 now that Tim Patrick is back after missing all of last season.

I'm posting this because the Broncos WYTS that has this line was put on Defector fucking YESTERDAY

The Broncos WR room may be cursed. Ever since winning SB 50 its crazy what keeps happening.

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The Broncos WR room may be cursed. Ever since winning SB 50 its crazy what keeps happening.

On a semi-related note, one of my favorite episodes of America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions is the 2015 Broncos. Why, you may ask? Because it was narrated by South Park co-creator (and lifelong Broncos fan) Trey Parker. (He did a great job narrating it, too.)

I swear, if the Texans didn't come into existence (and because the Oilers eventually moved to Tennessee and became the Titans), I probably would've end up rooting for the Broncos due to my grandparents living in Cheyenne, Wyoming, for five years when I was a kid. (And because my brother's wife was born and raised in Cheyenne.)

Edited by Gemini

Is there really anything the nfl can do to prevent injuries during practice before the season starts.  The Jets are good for losing 1 or 5 top players before they even play a single game. I think we lost a DB already.  Idk what the answer is, if there even is one. 

Glimpse of the road to the Super Bowl starts tonight with the craptastic HOF game.  I’ll start a pick em thread for week one during the pre season still giving Ginguy a chance to show up but maybe he ded idk 🤷‍♀️ 

Hey, I'm just glad the NFL is back, even if it is the preseason.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Hey, I'm just glad the NFL is back, even if it is the preseason.

And that right there is the absolute truth. Love it!

when did the browns go from the bulldog mascot to the brownie mascot that looks like a Keebler elf 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Glimpse of the road to the Super Bowl starts tonight with the craptastic HOF game.  I’ll start a pick em thread for week one during the pre season still giving Ginguy a chance to show up but maybe he ded idk 🤷‍♀️ 

Sports update on the radio: "Zach Wilson and Kellen Mond will be the starting QBs for tonight's game"

Archer Stop My Penis Can Only Get So Erect GIF - Archer Stop My Penis Can  Only Get So Erect Algernop Krieger - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Damn rookies entering the league were born in like 2002 holy fuck I feel old jfc 😬🫠

I know exactly what you mean. This Gemini turned 41 at the end of May. HOORAY MID-LIFE CRISIS! lol

Edited by Gemini

7 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I dont see a CFB thread so im posting it here.

The Pac-12 is dead. Teams are bailing fast, and the only question now is who gets left holding the bag.

CU left for the Big 12 already and now Oregon and Washington are heading to the Big 10. Tis is after USC and UCLA already left as well.

RIP Pac-12 After Dark

The Notre Dame-NBC television contract and its consequences have been a disaster for college sports.

I'm gonna see if scoob would be willing to take the last two posts and spin them off into the 2023-24 CFB thread. I'm sure he'd have no problem with it whatsoever.

Also, Colorado is returning to the Big XII in 2024 and will be joined by Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah. We on the Collegiate Sports Nation boards (CSNbbs) have been calling these schools "the Four Corner schools" (or 4C, for short) to make it easier for those trying to keep up with college sports realignment.

I often joke that picking the NY Jets as my favorite team when I was 7, was the worst mistake I've ever made.

Then years later Tennessee got a team and yip misery follows me. In football anyways, baseball has been way kinder with the curse of the Bambino coming to an end 5 or 6 years after I jumped from Atlanta to Boston fanfare wise.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Heshi said:

I often joke that picking the NY Jets as my favorite team when I was 7, was the worst mistake I've ever made.

Then years later Tennessee got a team and yip misery follows me. In football anyways, baseball has been way kinder with the curse of the Bambino coming to an end 5 or 6 years after I jumped from Atlanta to Boston fanfare wise.

Being and remaining a NY Jets fan is a tough road, for sure 😆 this is the first season in a looong time where I’m confident it won’t be “the same ol jets” (let’s see how this ages come end of October 😆)

Tennessee Titans aren’t that bad, are they?  I don’t watch baseball anymore but when I did I was a Yankee fan like my mom before me.  I don’t plan on leaving NY but if I did I would still be a suffering jets fan regardless 😆🫠😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Being and remaining a NY Jets fan is a tough road, for sure 😆 this is the first season in a looong time where I’m confident it won’t be “the same ol jets” (let’s see how this ages come end of October 😆)

Tennessee Titans aren’t that bad, are they?  I don’t watch baseball anymore but when I did I was a Yankee fan like my mom before me.  I don’t plan on leaving NY but if I did I would still be a suffering jets fan regardless 😆🫠😆

Yeah Jets fandom feels less like a bumpy road and more like a ditch meow. (Though Sunlight shined into it briefly from former green bay quarterbacks)

The Titans did get to a super bowl but I still hate the rams from that...

I've never been to New York, the Jets were purely cause I liked the name, I joined the Air Force years later as well because of jets... But as a Red Sox fan, I feel the need to dislike the Yankees, I do like the dodgers though so meep

I don't really watch sports anymore, but just occasionally keep tabs on standings and statistics. (Highlight reels on occasion or if one of my teams are in a championship or what not)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, nameraka said:

I'm on eggshells here. I want Miami to pick up Jonathan Taylor, but a first rounder is like the rent, too damn high. 

Maybe a player swap? It looks like dolphins gm Chris Grier doesn't really want to re-up dt christian Wilkins. Maybe swap Wilkins for Taylor?

I get why you want Taylor. I just don’t remember which team he plays for at the moment.

Not crazy about the Dalvin Cook signing. I think he beat his gf(or wife?$ up and offered two settlements that she turned down but she didn’t press charges….I just don’t like that shit.  It reminds me of that other piece of shit that sexually assaulted massage therapists got suspended for it but was picked up by wtf for a crazy fully guaranteed contract. NFL is shit tier with accountability 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Not crazy about the Dalvin Cook signing. I think he beat his gf(or wife?$ up and offered two settlements that she turned down but she didn’t press charges….I just don’t like that shit.  It reminds me of that other piece of shit that sexually assaulted massage therapists got suspended for it but was picked up by wtf for a crazy fully guaranteed contract. NFL is shit tier with accountability 

I know which particular piece of shit you're referring to. Good for you for not saying that piece of shit's name.

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic