UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

The right is going berserk over Travis Kelce flu/covid vaccine PSA and his Jersey sakes went up 400% after it was revealed he’s dating Taylor Swift 💩

Swifties and Chiefs fans

Two of the most insufferable groups of people on the planet have combined forces.

This timeline continues to disappoint.

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2023 at 2:28 PM, Gemini said:

I remember when they were pretty good, but that was because Barry Sanders practically carried the team on his back.

How many Super Bowls did Detroit win with Barry Sanders on the team?  
oh yeah….zero. The Lions never even played in a Super Bowl let alone won any. 

it’s like saying I remember when the jets were good 15 years ago 

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

How many Super Bowls did Detroit win with Barry Sanders on the team?  
oh yeah….zero. The Lions never even played in a Super Bowl let alone won any. 

it’s like saying I remember when the jets were good 15 years ago 

He had nobody to help carry the load.

How can I put this? It's like Michael Jordan's first few seasons. He literally dragged those Bulls teams to the playoffs singlehandedly his first three years in the league, only to be unceremoniously eliminated in the first round. Things didn't turn around for him competitively until the Bulls got Scottie Pippen and, eventually, Phil Jackson. That's when they started winning championships. Granted, basketball is nowhere near the same type of team sport football is. Still, it takes more than one huge superstar to win in any team sport. Even Wayne Gretzky, the greatest hockey player ever (at least in my opinion), needed help to win the four Stanley Cups he won.

Edited by Gemini

Houston beat Pittsburgh 30-6, which is significant because we inducted JJ Watt into the Texans Ring of Honor today as well. (His brother, T.J., plays defense for the Steelers, and he did wreck havoc on us quite a bit.)

I wonder if Carolina wishes they had selected C.J. Stroud instead? He's looking better and better.

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

🙄

Yeah, yeah. I know. "Shut up, Gemini!" xD

• Haha 1

I really hate how much red I’m seeing at MetLife and also fuck Taylor Swift jfc she got nerve to live in NYC and go to a NYJ home game to root for the boyfriend she been banging for a week. So much for loyalty to home.

We were gonna go to this game cuz I like the Chiefs I am so glad we decided against it.  

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m watching on YouTube tv and the marker that shows your place when you rwd or ff is the hands shaped like a heart thing that she does all the time 🫶

I was gonna sign up for YouTube TV for NFL Sunday Ticket. Looks like I dodged a Taylor Swift-sized bullet, didn’t I?

• Haha 1

I feel bad for all the jets fans that gotta go to work tomorrow that went to this, so far, dreadful game.  If this keeps up by the third quarter all you will be able to see is an ocean of red jerseys probably all Kelce ones too probably Swifties talking about “Kelce is the best catcher of the match”

7 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I was gonna sign up for YouTube TV for NFL Sunday Ticket. Looks like I dodged a Taylor Swift-sized bullet, didn’t I?

You can get the Sunday ticket without signing up for YouTube tv but it’s expensive. I got it cuz spectrum lost espn and all the Disney owned shit.  Spectrum worked out a deal but me and my other half kinda wanna get used to this and either cut the cord completely or get a much simpler cable package w 15 channels only.  YT tv is exactly the same as what I get w cable every channel I watch they got. Unlimited DVR it’s pretty cool. They got add ons like max and showtime. I like it. 

lol did u see that safety? 

39 minutes ago, Jman said:

No worries, this one’s on NBC for the night game.

Well, damn. lol

Pooh: It's just easier for me to say okay and nod my head than give some semiconvoluted but somehow still true explanation. lol Also, yes. Yes, I did see it. lulz

Edited by Gemini

Scores and week 5 games are up. Byes start this week so all you FF players makes sure to fix your teams accordingly if you need to know exactly which teams are on a bye use google or look at week 5 in the pick em thread 

Edited by 1pooh4u

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic