UnevenEdge

2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread

1pooh4u

13 hours ago, Seight said:

@1pooh4u @scoobdog @VicodinEs and anyone who picks after me:

I edited them into my post but pooh's original post is missing DEN/KC and CAR/MIA 

Thank you so much.  

@VicodinEs @scoobdog

please add TNF DEN @ KC and Sun CAR @ MIA to your picks. Sorry for that fuck up. 

Edited by 1pooh4u

Lol I’m obsessing over how I fucked up so bad but only cuz “TNF” is there. I’m suspecting I fucked up the format. I probably went to fix a double space and idiotically removed the first two games on the list. I’m considering a few ways to address my fuck up. I Can give us all points for those two games regardless if we added them or not, or I can give the points to only those who didn’t have time to fix their posts, or I can just give us all the TNF but not the CAR @ MIA game because there’s enough time between now and KO Sunday. I think the last one might be the least fair because you guys leave it to me to make the list correctly and might not return thinking everything is fine. 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol I’m obsessing over how I fucked up so bad but only cuz “TNF” is there. I’m suspecting I fucked up the format. I probably went to fix a double space and idiotically removed the first two games on the list. I’m considering a few ways to address my fuck up. I Can give us all points for those two games regardless if we added them or not, or I can give the points to only those who didn’t have time to fix their posts, or I can just give us all the TNF but not the CAR @ MIA game because there’s enough time between now and KO Sunday. I think the last one might be the least fair because you guys leave it to me to make the list correctly and might not return thinking everything is fine. 

My solution would be to give everyone in the Pick-‘Em thread points for tonight’s game, add back the CAR @ MIA game, and make the deadline for picks 1pm Eastern on Sunday.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

My solution would be to give everyone in the Pick-‘Em thread points for tonight’s game, add back the CAR @ MIA game, and make the deadline for picks 1pm Eastern on Sunday.

Yeah but that ignores players who rely on my entries to be correct and might not return thinking nothing was missed 

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Omfg no more undefeated team. The NFL deep state has failed to stop the NYJ 

Also, it's a brand new season for your Jets. I never thought I'd say that after Aaron Rodgers went down so yes, this is a good thing for Gang Green. Congrats, pooh. At 3-3, you still have a chance to make the playoffs this year.

In other news, the Texans are also 3-3. This is significant because Houston won three games in each of the last two seasons. Not saying we're gonna make the playoffs yet, but man, it feels good to be a Texans fan again.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Also, it's a brand new season for your Jets. I never thought I'd say that after Aaron Rodgers went down so yes, this is a good thing for Gang Green. Congrats, pooh. At 3-3, you still have a chance to make the playoffs this year.

In other news, the Texans are also 3-3. This is significant because Houston won three games in each of the last two seasons. Not saying we're gonna make the playoffs yet, but man, it feels good to be a Texans fan again.

It’s a lot more fun when your team wins some 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2023 at 7:24 PM, 1pooh4u said:

It’s a lot more fun when your team wins some 

Yes, it does. It's a great feeling, indeed.

Also, The Lions are 5-1! I know it's still early in the season, but could they be for real?

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemini said:

Also, The Lions are 5-1! I know it's still early in the season, but could they be for real?

They might be, and even if they aren't it may not matter because *gesturing wildly* the rest of the NFC North right now.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Gemini said:

Hard to say. Other than the Chiefs they been playing some pretty weak teams. I think Goff is a decent QB and idk what happened in LA that they thought he was never gonna be anything.  I guess we’ll see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Hard to say. Other than the Chiefs they been playing some pretty weak teams. I think Goff is a decent QB and idk what happened in LA that they thought he was never gonna be anything.  I guess we’ll see. 

Fair enough. I'm just happy Lions' fans have something to be happy about. And I completely agree with you on Goff. I watched him play some while he was at Cal-Berkeley, and I thought he was gonna be pretty good even back then. But of course, I thought the same thing about Brock Osweiler when he played for Arizona State. And we know what happened with him. lol *sheds Houston Texans tears*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone wants to say so and so is the Michael Jordan of football, I'd narrow it down to Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson, where I lean toward Mahomes. But really, it's a coin flip between the two of them. Heck, you could throw in Jalen Hurts and Tua as well and I'd still say Mahomes is the one who deserves the accolade. (I'm going with dual threat quarterbacks for this discussion.)

Edited by Gemini

• 1pooh4u changed the title to 2023/24 NFL It’s a Hard Knock Life Shit Talking Thread
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u pinned this topic