UnevenEdge

Did you start a lot of threads on the old [asmb]?

eklipse

13 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Only one that caught on for any length of time - Now Playing on your Mind Jukebox (or something like that).  The rest were either spur of the moment or a current event related and has a shelf life, if they went anywhere at all.

NPMJ got shoved into a music folder, shriveled up & died. 

By the way, I had Kenny Rogers and the First Edition playing on my mind jukebox earlier. Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, Gemini said:

By the way, I had Kenny Rogers and the First Edition playing on my mind jukebox earlier. Good stuff.

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town, or Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In?

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I had such a bullshit computer back then I wanted to kill rogue that one fuckin time :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I was like gawdfuckindammit I’m still on fuckin dial up over here you jerk ass!! :LithiumSmileyAngry:😆

Omg I'd forgotten about that, I'm pretty sure I was still on dial-up back then, too. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Haha 3

I didn't start it, but I do remember the ASWF threads. They were technically roleplay threads but they allowed some of us (I was involved with it for a few months on two separate occasions) to exercise our writing muscles. It was fun stuff. (Well, at least the first time, anyway.)

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 3:16 AM, Gemini said:

Same. I remember having a lot of posts in @little_girl_lost's What do you think of the person above you thread. Posting in that thread was a lot of fun, for the most part.

Those are the threads I remember from late night back in the day, when I think about ASMB. We all had a lot of fun in threads like that, I think there a few other similar ones too

I never posted my own threads, and I'm pretty much the same on all platforms: I reply to stuff instead, because when I make my own thread/post/tweet it never really seems to get traction. I have like 26k points on imgur and the vast majority of them are from comments, which isnt bad considering I made the account like, a year and a few months ago lol EDIT: 27k, with one post worth 2.8k points. So somehow I generated enough comments to earn 24k points in the space of a year and about 2 months. Honest work I guess lol EDIT2: if anyone wants to find me on imgur I'm chaotic good trans girl, but without the spaces >.>

However, I do recall having a knack for derailing threads on the ASMB lmao

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

Wasn’t that really most of IB, though? :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

IB could have some really good topic threads but it existed for people to blow off their daily steam in pure silly that couldn't fit in other boards. 

I don't think 'Mad Abdul's House of Sweaters [ all we sell are socks ]' would have functioned in Babbling. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

IB could have some really good topic threads but it existed for people to blow off their daily steam in pure silly that couldn't fit in other boards. 

I don't think 'Mad Abdul's House of Sweaters [ all we sell are socks ]' would have functioned in Babbling. 

It absolutely amazes (and saddens) me that I spent nearly 4.5 years in IB, almost every day, and there’s so much that I just don’t remember. :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileySad:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

It absolutely amazes (and saddens) me that I spent nearly 4.5 years in IB, almost every day, and there’s so much that I just don’t remember. :LithiumSmileyLaugh::LithiumSmileySad:

this sums a lot of my time spent in ib and babbling. though not as much, i spent a lot of time posting and i don't remember a lot of it. my memory is not good

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 9:48 PM, eklipse said:

I think I only started two - one asking if there were any body builders (because my friend wanted to see if there were any lmao - I reported back to her that everyone laughed :LithiumSmileyLaugh:) and another about whether I should cut my hair.  

Anyways, always appreciated the thread starters, especially since I didn’t.

Not really.  I mostly stayed in OA and responded to the What Anime are you Watching and What Manga are you Reading threads.

For awhile in IB and maybe a couple other folders, I used to make a bunch of elimination game threads.  Or something like that.

I liked it a lot but it was kinda a waste of time.  I took it too seriously in the end so I never tried to make one here.

Edit:  Although I did end up making a lot of threads here though.  My favorite is the YouTube thread.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 3:10 PM, katt_goddess said:

Here's a rundown of the bulk of threads made by Cracky back in the day - 

Monty Python spam menu Memes - Imgflip

I think that summed up the majority of my posts on the old [asmb] :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Edited by eklipse
MY!
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2023 at 1:44 PM, Blatch said:

I made my fair share of threads in the Toonami folder, mostly for show discussions, plus a few others in the OA/Comedy folders that probably mostly focused on nerdy stuff.

That’s awesome.  Nerdy stuff is the best!! ❤️

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 5:37 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Not really.  I mostly stayed in OA and responded to the What Anime are you Watching and What Manga are you Reading threads.

For awhile in IB and maybe a couple other folders, I used to make a bunch of elimination game threads.  Or something like that.

I liked it a lot but it was kinda a waste of time.  I took it too seriously in the end so I never tried to make one here.

Edit:  Although I did end up making a lot of threads here though.  My favorite is the YouTube thread.

I like those “What are you” threads.  I used to post in the OA music one. 

Glad you’re a thread maker here! 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:03 PM, Sieg67 said:

Not a lot and the ones I did make never really took off.
Ironically, my most popular thread here was split off from another thread.  I didn't even make it.

Oh, which thread is that?  

23 minutes ago, eklipse said:

I like those “What are you” threads.  I used to post in the OA music one. 

Glad you’re a thread maker here! 

Thanks.  I haven't made one for a long time but I'm proud of the ones I made. 

I have 3 in the Television folder.  What YouTube video are you watching, What Cartoon, and What Tv show are you watching.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 7:06 PM, tsar4 said:

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town, or Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In?

Haha, you’re a walking musical library Tsar. ❤️

I got the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - “islands in the stream” (?) in my head because you and Gem lol.

• Like 1

I had too much fun derailing threads or replying to people's posts with obscure references to make many threads of my own.  One or two a night as a way of saying 'hi' to everybody.  Mostly my threads were purely nonsense with a touch of rp.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Vela said:

I had too much fun derailing threads or replying to people's posts with obscure references to make many threads of my own.  One or two a night as a way of saying 'hi' to everybody.  Mostly my threads were purely nonsense with a touch of rp.

Oh, we know. (And you still do it, too. This time, you have some help. >_> lol)

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, Vela said:

I like when threads are detailed!  Always fun to see the side convos.  Anyways most of what I post is nonsense. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, eklipse said:

I like when threads are detailed!  Always fun to see the side convos.  Anyways most of what I post is nonsense. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Oh, you should’ve been here four years ago then. Vela and I were derailing threads together left and right.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Posted a bunch, but only really had one popular thread called Gunsmoke Inc. Which was a Trigun fanclub. Probably back in like 2005-ish

Was a fun time to be on the boards. Lots of great people and great threads. I think I also had one called Club Battlecry which was a samurai champloo fanclub thread. That was popular for a bit too.