UnevenEdge

Did you start a lot of threads on the old [asmb]?

eklipse

I think I only started two - one asking if there were any body builders (because my friend wanted to see if there were any lmao - I reported back to her that everyone laughed :LithiumSmileyLaugh:) and another about whether I should cut my hair.  

Anyways, always appreciated the thread starters, especially since I didn’t.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I think I started some, but they weren't very popular. I do remember trying to start some about some TV shows that were on at the time before we had folders for TV and movies.

Oh, yea mine probably wouldn’t have gotten much attn either.  The two I did got lulz.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I liked posting (spamming) in other people’s threads more. 

3 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i always started threads. sometimes to get people to talk. sometimes more as a blog. and sometimes even song lyrics cuz i thought they were just cool. and i always had a roll call thread just to see who was around. 

Love it!!  Yea, people like you were like the lifeline.  *salutes*

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_annoying_one said:

I made way too many threads almost every day.

Nowadays, it's only one (maybe two) per month....at the very most. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Yea!  I think that’s why I remember your name even tho I didn’t post much.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  It’s all good!  

I always felt like I had to “tend” to the thread and I iz lazy so I didn’t start them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

thanks! i think i ended up with something like 60000 posts between both my accounts, so i did my part in contributing lol :D

You probably climbed the ranks then!  That’s probably enough for Order of the Owl?  I was maybe around 5000,  not sure what rank I ended with. 

But maybe someday, I’ll be a SwimStar. 

5 minutes ago, eklipse said:

Yea!  I think that’s why I remember your name even tho I didn’t post much.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  It’s all good!  

I always felt like I had to “tend” to the thread and I iz lazy so I didn’t start them.

I understand.

I don't start many threads now for the same reason...and because I don't have much to thread about. :Laugh:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eklipse said:

You probably climbed the ranks then!  That’s probably enough for Order of the Owl?  I was maybe around 5000,  not sure what rank I ended with. 

But maybe someday, I’ll be a SwimStar. 

for sure was order of the owl. wasnt really going for rank but to just talk about anything on my mind or others minds. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I understand.

I don't start many threads now for the same reason...and because I don't have much to thread about. :Laugh:

I like your threads! Post moar :RoboTeeth:

I know what you mean tho, I think I lurked a lot later on. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clean-Cut Nutter said:

That stat used to be tracked on the old forums. I probably made like over 20k threads over the years. 

Oh yea, it was!  Wasn’t there a special rank too?

And wow, in the thousands.  That’s amazing 🤩 

What I really liked to do in my fast-paced IB days was scroll to the bottom of the first page and reply to threads that had gotten no traction and try to jumpstart them before they got swept-under. Apparently I had a bit of a reputation for a bit for always getting the first reply in, but that was my secret to why it seemed like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Raptorpat said:

What I really liked to do in my fast-paced IB days was scroll to the bottom of the first page and reply to threads that had gotten no traction and try to jumpstart them before they got swept-under. Apparently I had a bit of a reputation for a bit for always getting the first reply in, but that was my secret to why it seemed like that.

You clever and kind bastard

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, eklipse said:

Oh, yea mine probably wouldn’t have gotten much attn either.  The two I did got lulz.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I liked posting (spamming) in other people’s threads more. 

Same. I remember having a lot of posts in @little_girl_lost's What do you think of the person above you thread. Posting in that thread was a lot of fun, for the most part.

• Like 2

Only one that caught on for any length of time - Now Playing on your Mind Jukebox (or something like that).  The rest were either spur of the moment or a current event related and has a shelf life, if they went anywhere at all.

NPMJ got shoved into a music folder, shriveled up & died. 

• Like 1

Not really. I would occasionally make some weird random thing up or the random fortune-telling thread if I really had time to spare tending to all the replies but I would mostly just contribute to other threads that I thought were interesting. I would also sometimes make opinion seeking threads on behalf of WS so they could see what people had to say in a way that would actually hopefully get honest replies and not attention-whoring posts. 

I was always leery of making threads, especially important type ones, since I could float my own crap if needed and I didn't want to unintentionally take a float away from someone else. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

if I really had time to spare tending to all the replies

oh man that was the other factor in whether to make an IB thread, it was a balancing act to try to organically reply to everyone who'd expect a reply without also having like several posts in a row

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

I would on IB. I posted in most places, but IB was the place I went to steer a discussion.

IB was really fun - lots of different types of threads there too.  I had fun spamming IB when I would venture outside of Babbling.

Although, I didn’t know Babbling was jerks tho until I came here to UEMB.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

21 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Haha!  You probably made a lot of thread starters happy.  Seeing your thread hit Page 2 so fast without any replies might be a bummer lol.  

It was funny how Page 2 was written off like it was ancient history already.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gemini said:

Same. I remember having a lot of posts in @little_girl_lost's What do you think of the person above you thread. Posting in that thread was a lot of fun, for the most part.

I remember that thread.  It had a pretty good group of regular posters from what I recall.  I don’t think I posted there but I did in “Fact” sometimes (not enough to be part of the regulars tho).

Nabraniel tried to revive Fact here but guess it didn’t stick.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Only one that caught on for any length of time - Now Playing on your Mind Jukebox (or something like that).  The rest were either spur of the moment or a current event related and has a shelf life, if they went anywhere at all.

NPMJ got shoved into a music folder, shriveled up & died. 

Oh yea, Mind Jukebox was pretty popular.  I was a big anime nerd tho, so I posted in Other Anime’s music thread instead.  Although that was a chat thread too.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I’m still getting used to moving around the different folders and I’m kinda lazy…

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I started a fair amount on janedoe2u. On 1pooh4u I made some. I preferred posting in other people’s threads. My threads were largely unsuccessful nonsense 😆

I love the nonsense threads :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  it’s like low pressure and fun.  

side note:  I miss the giant reply trees of smileyindifferent lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, eklipse said:

I love the nonsense threads :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  it’s like low pressure and fun.  

side note:  I miss the giant reply trees of smileyindifferent lol

I had such a bullshit computer back then I wanted to kill rogue that one fuckin time :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I was like gawdfuckindammit I’m still on fuckin dial up over here you jerk ass!! :LithiumSmileyAngry:😆

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

if I really had time to spare tending to all the replies 

Haha yes!  I’m already bad at tending to this one 😅

Good on you tho for trying to make the old boards better.  *salutes*

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

I had such a bullshit computer back then I wanted to kill rogue that one fuckin time :LithiumSmileyLaugh: I was like gawdfuckindammit I’m still on fuckin dial up over here you jerk ass!! :LithiumSmileyAngry:😆

Lmao!!  Dial-up - yes!  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  It was back when an mp3 could take hours to download (I totally forgot about that). Computer issues lol.  

Damnnnnn we’ve been around a long time.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh: