UnevenEdge

So, June is here. It's summer. What's happening?

romana

Alright, summer has arrived.  Who is into what mayhem?  Running around naked?  Planting a garden?  Chugging koolaid?  Chasing the ice cream truck?

I'm currently in vampire (no sunlight) mode because of the antibiotic I'm taking.  No pool time for me for a couple of weeks.  This sucks.

• Like 5

Sorry but no one does these things anymore. While I would love to break out the slip and slide and roll the grill out, people would show up for a plate and get in their cars to leave after what they consider ample time to stick around for free food.

This world is honestly built for my new found reclusiveness but it really sucks that I almost have to pay a cover charge just so my kids can play with other kids outside ..so damn annoying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Sorry but no one does these things anymore. While I would love to break out the slip and slide and roll the grill out, people would show up for a plate and get in their cars to leave after what they consider ample time to stick around for free food.

This world is honestly built for my new found reclusiveness but it really sucks that I almost have to pay a cover charge just so my kids can play with other kids outside ..so damn annoying.

I'm all in for reclusiveness.  Around here, kids still get together for stuff, at least to go hang at the pool.  Sorry this is sucking.  *mommahugs*

31 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

More swamp ass weather.

And I’m probably in no position to have any vacation. I’ll have to work like a dog for the rest of the year.

Technically, I don't have vacation from my part-time job, but I'm retiring soon, so there's hope.  I can't deal with the hot weather, though.  It can literally kill me.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, romana said:

Alright, summer has arrived.  Who is into what mayhem?  Running around naked?  Planting a garden?  Chugging koolaid?  Chasing the ice cream truck?

I'm currently in vampire (no sunlight) mode because of the antibiotic I'm taking.  No pool time for me for a couple of weeks.  This sucks.

Yes to all of those except kool-aid. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, romana said:

Technically, I don't have vacation from my part-time job, but I'm retiring soon, so there's hope.  I can't deal with the hot weather, though.  It can literally kill me.

Wow, congratulations!  🎉  That’s awesome news.  I wish I could retire but I have like 20 years to go. 😂🥹

• Like 2

Oh I forgot to respond. 

I’m going to renew my passport so I can at least have the *option* of traveling abroad. 

Other than that, no vacations but going to try to catch up on things.  Hopefully try some new things and see some new places on the weekends.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m in the process of killing some plants. I’ll be going up to P-Town in a few weeks. I’m almost positive that the plants will be completely dead when I come back.  

If it makes you feel better, I kill plants even when I’m trying to take care of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trying to get all the things I want done done in time for the con. 1 project completed, 1 in definite progress, 1 cluttering up my keyboard in an attempt to convince me to work on it, 2 in mental planning/research stages [ since 1 doesn't even exist-exist, I have to also build the things to make the things ]. 

Also, lots of hiding from the sun because fire BAD. 

• Like 1

My mom is coming to stay with me for a week. This is the first time she's ever visited and I'm really excited. I'm going to cook for her and then we'll see a Broadway play.

I'm also going to try to start an indoor garden, the seeds just arrived.

We're also planning on going to two different ren faires because we're nerds.

• Like 5

On 6/2/2023 at 8:14 PM, Blackrose321 said:

My mom is coming to stay with me for a week. This is the first time she's ever visited and I'm really excited. I'm going to cook for her and then we'll see a Broadway play.

I'm also going to try to start an indoor garden, the seeds just arrived.

We're also planning on going to two different ren faires because we're nerds.

That's great! What play are you two going to see?

• Like 1

i have no real special plans for the summer but i do want to get outside and enjoy the scenery. i moved out of the desert and it'll be nice to enjoy a summer with actual forests and green stuff. 

mostly i just want to get in shape. going to two concerts this fall and i wanna look good >.>

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 6:24 PM, Lynnrael said:

i have no real special plans for the summer but i do want to get outside and enjoy the scenery. i moved out of the desert and it'll be nice to enjoy a summer with actual forests and green stuff. 

mostly i just want to get in shape. going to two concerts this fall and i wanna look good >.>

I want to get in shape too, my friend wants to go hiking and I don't think she can carry me up a mountain. 😅

Have any idea what kind of workout routine you'll start with?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blackrose321 said:

I want to get in shape too, my friend wants to go hiking and I don't think she can carry me up a mountain. 😅

Have any idea what kind of workout routine you'll start with?

I got a gym membership that i feel obligated to use because i don't want to go through the hassel of canceling it so I've been going to do cardio semi regularly. i want to start resistance training soon too. so far all I've been doing is having an edible and running until the runners high blends into the edible high, which is fun but i haven't lost any weight >.< i think a more regular resistance training plan might help but I'm genuinely not sure where to start.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

I got a gym membership that i feel obligated to use because i don't want to go through the hassel of canceling it so I've been going to do cardio semi regularly. i want to start resistance training soon too. so far all I've been doing is having an edible and running until the runners high blends into the edible high, which is fun but i haven't lost any weight >.< i think a more regular resistance training plan might help but I'm genuinely not sure where to start.

Serious question: Does the edible high ever give you the munchies?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Serious question: Does the edible high ever give you the munchies?

sometimes, kinda, but it's hard for me to tell because thanks to adhd i already either eat like i have the munchies, or have zero desire to eat anything at all regardless of whether or not I'm high. weed doesn't really change my appetite unless my tummy hurts and that's why i don't feel like eating

• Like 1

My mom has a colonoscopy scheduled a week from tomorrow. It's the first one she's had in fifteen years. All this after she had a health scare back in April.

I know the things I've experienced in my life may not be the same as others on here and I understand some people may not have the best relationships with their respective familes. Still, I must say this: If you still have your parents, do not take them for granted, even if they may drive you up the wall and frustrate you to no end. As many of you know, I lost my dad six years ago and I to this very day would give anything to have him back. Cherish your friends and loved ones; make amends with them for nobody is promised tomorrow.

Sorry. Just had to say that.

Edited by Gemini
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gemini said:

My mom has a colonoscopy a week from tomorrow. It's the first one she's had in fifteen years. All this after she had a health scare back in April.

I know the things I've experienced in my life may not be the same as others on here and I understand some people may not have the best relationships with their respective familes. Still, I must say this: If you still have your parents, do not take them for granted, even if they may drive you up the wall and frustrate you to no end. As many of you know, I lost my dad six years ago and I to this very day would give anything to have him back. Cherish your friends and loved ones; make amends with them for nobody is promised tomorrow.

Sorry. Just had to say that.

As someone who lost both of his parents very close together within the past year, I wholeheartedly endorse this statement. As some of you may know, this is a pain that never truly goes away. And here I go tearing up as I type this.....

• Like 2