UnevenEdge

Into the Never-ending "George Santos" Rabbithole

Raptorpat

One (hopefully) last bump in the 2022 election narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/nyregion/george-santos-ny-republicans.html

George Santos (R), elected to an open swing seat on Long Island, is apparently just a massive fraud and none of his biography checks out.

Neither the DCCC nor the local or national media picked up on this until now, despite this being the second time the guy's run for this seat.

The million dollar question though is what will happen? Will he be forced out? He is a pro-McCarthy vote and McCarthy doesn't have enough votes for speaker yet, so my guess is McCarthy will protect Santos to guarantee his vote.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 12:26 PM, Raptorpat said:

One (hopefully) last bump in the 2022 election narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/nyregion/george-santos-ny-republicans.html

George Santos (R), elected to an open swing seat on Long Island, is apparently just a massive fraud and none of his biography checks out.

Neither the DCCC nor the local or national media picked up on this until now, despite this being the second time the guy's run for this seat.

The million dollar question though is what will happen? Will he be forced out? He is a pro-McCarthy vote and McCarthy doesn't have enough votes for speaker yet, so my guess is McCarthy will protect Santos to guarantee his vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/26/nyregion/george-santos-interview.html

"I never said i was Jewish, i said i was Jew-ish."

Real quote.

• Like 1

Washington, DC – The Republican Jewish Coalition released the following statement from CEO Matt Brooks:

We are very disappointed in Congressman-elect Santos. He deceived us and misrepresented his heritage. In public comments and to us personally he previously claimed to be Jewish. He has begun his tenure in Congress on a very wrong note. He will not be welcome at any future RJC event.

https://www.rjchq.org/rjc_statement_on_congressman_elect_george_santos

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, Raptorpat said:

Even after admitting all of the lies were lies, nothing will happen unless McCarthy fails to win the speakership. Then he either loses a primary or the general in two years because he's a fraud.

If he took office and then resigned would there be a special election to fill the vacancy or would the district GOP hold a caucus?

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, PenguinBoss said:

Did Republicans really vote to confirm this dude after finding out he lied about his whole life?

This man is the final boss of my "No losses ever, even perceived losses" theory about the crazy side of the Republican Party.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mix said:

Politicians lie all the time. That's what they do.

Stop hating on George and give him his props. My man is changing the game.

Don't lie about what you're going to do when you get into office. Lie about WHO YOU ARE.

It’s entirely possible he isn’t actually lying because he believes he is all the things he isn’t.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mix said:

Politicians lie all the time. That's what they do.

Stop hating on George and give him his props. My man is changing the game.

Don't lie about what you're going to do when you get into office. Lie about WHO YOU ARE.

Voting gonna become "Life is like a box of chocolates"

I suppose it's always kinda like that but not so drastic.

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

That dude has absolutely no relationship with reality or the truth. It’s becoming clear that he’s suffering from mental illness. He’s a pathological liar. He probably doesn’t even know why he tells the lies he tells half the time. He lied about such dumb, easy to verify, shit. Ridiculous.  

10 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It’s entirely possible he isn’t actually lying because he believes he is all the things he isn’t.

14 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That dude has absolutely no relationship with reality or the truth. It’s becoming clear that he’s suffering from mental illness. He’s a pathological liar. He probably doesn’t even know why he tells the lies he tells half the time. He lied about such dumb, easy to verify, shit. Ridiculous.  

I don't believe this dude has any mental illness.  He doesn't believe what he says is true. He's just a con man.

Not all con men are good at what they do. Granted, he did lie his way into congress.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mix said:

I don't believe this dude has any mental illness.  He doesn't believe what he says is true. He's just a con man.

Not all con men are good at what they do. Granted, he did lie his way into congress.

That’s possible too but the dude is in his 30’s that’s a lot of experience grifting, at some point you’d think he’d get better at it. 
He’s lying about stuff he doesn’t need to lie about. That’s not just being a con man, that’s having zero control of what flies out his face. 

28 minutes ago, Mix said:

It's not mental illness in that respect.  Pathological liars do eventually alter their personalities to accommodate the lies.  In the process of lying about your accomplishments, you lie about who and what you are to justify them.

28 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

That’s possible too but the dude is in his 30’s that’s a lot of experience grifting, at some point you’d think he’d get better at it. 
He’s lying about stuff he doesn’t need to lie about. That’s not just being a con man, that’s having zero control of what flies out his face. 

16 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's not mental illness in that respect.  Pathological liars do eventually alter their personalities to accommodate the lies.  In the process of lying about your accomplishments, you lie about who and what you are to justify them.

I can see that.....also, you think he gets a rush from lying....like a gambling addict?

29 minutes ago, Mix said:

I can see that.....also, you think he gets a rush from lying....like a gambling addict?

He might have at one point, but the pervasive nature of his lies suggest he's doing it primarily to cope.  What he's coping with isn't something that can be speculated on, but it's worth noting that it's usually a certain type of issue that leads to people lying about their origins like he has.

There’s pathological liars who never lie about anything important. They can still be quite pleasant people to be around

then there’s ones who do significant lies too but aren’t fraudsters

then there’s ones who lie big and small and go pro fraudster with it

13 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Um... Am I the only one who thinks he had nothing to do with the wiki page mentioned in the article, and it was someone else entirely who wrote it to have a laugh at him?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Um... Am I the only one who thinks he had nothing to do with the wiki page mentioned in the article, and it was someone else entirely who wrote it to have a laugh at him?

The article says the Wikipedia page was last updated in 2011.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I mean we're well past the point where anything we say about him can be met with a well-placed "Or did he?!?"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

He finally admitted to dressing as a woman but denied being a drag queen 

https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/george-santos-admits-to-dressing-up-as-woman-but-denies-he-was-a-drag-queen/amp/

“No, I was not a drag queen in Brazil, guys. I was young and I had fun at a festival. Sue me for having a life,” the embattled Republican congressman said, in his first public response since allegations that he performed as a drag queen named Kitara emerged last week.

while his party is literally trying to sue people for crossdressing

083b76195b36ba8c5ffc51bc6b9e11a1.jpg

• Like 2

When you see him on TV, does it seem like he's wearing makeup?

Or is his skin just flawless?

He could save himself a lot of trouble if he just offered us his skin care regimen for two years in office.

People have gotten votes for less.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mix said:

When you see him on TV, does it seem like he's wearing makeup?

Or is his skin just flawless?

He could save himself a lot of trouble if he just offered us his skin care regimen for two years in office.

People have gotten votes for less.

Dude looks like he sweats bacon fat

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Catching this out of the corner of my eye, I swear I first read it as 'States of Narnia'.

Santos is a Talking Animal. 

that's the first draft

see, when Jefferson wrote it, he was fangirling out over the lion the witch and the wardrobe and put narnia by mistake

George Santos noticed the error, and corrected it, saving the new nation much embarassment 

• Haha 4