UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

27 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

The Crowd At The Weird Al Concert | At Forest Hills Stadium.… | Flickr

Drumpf Rally! Absolutely! Crowds and crowds of MAGAt Nation!

Or...nope. Weird Al concert. Suck it, stinkpot.

Weird Al Yankovic Tickets | Weird Al Yankovic Tour Dates 2023 and ...

As someone who got to see Weird Al at Radio City Music Hall, I’ll say they witnessed a much better show.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

As someone who got to see Weird Al at Radio City Music Hall, I’ll say they witnessed a much better show.

I've been to four concerts. I was also one of those people who he went out into the audience and gave a silk scarf to. :P

Every Weird Al concert is a better draw than a Dumpster Rally. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Trump got the "Dominic Mysterio treatment" at the Libertarian Party Convention!

Dominic Mysterio?  Any relation to Rey Mysterio?  Also what is the Dominic Mysterio treatment?

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Dominic Mysterio?  Any relation to Rey Mysterio?  Also what is the Dominic Mysterio treatment?

Yes, he's Rey's son.  The treatment is that Dom is a "heel" who calls Rey a "deadbeat dad" and every time he raises the mic to his mouth to speak, the audience boos so loudly you can't hear him.  Dom is part of the "Judgement Day" and recently got married irl.  At the after party, one of the other members got everybody to boo when he went to say something to those gathered.  Hilarious!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

I'd disagree with the hypocrisy being logical at all. It's clearer how it's rationalized, but it's by no means logical.

It is logical within the specific statement.  Rationalization is a process derived by logic, but it doesn't mean the logic is sound beyond its specified parameters.

• Like 1

In simpler terms, if you remember Colbert Report-era Stephen Colbert coining "Truthiness," defined as "It's true as long as you believe it," that is practically what the Republican Party runs off of right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 5/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, Seight said:

In simpler terms, if you remember Colbert Report-era Stephen Colbert coining "Truthiness," defined as "It's true as long as you believe it," that is practically what the Republican Party runs off of right now.

Sounds like religious people who pollute science news pages on social media just so they can say "SCIENCE LIES!"

• Thanks 2

Call me crazy, but I don't believe a majority of voters are going to support a guy awaiting sentencing on 34 felonies, who attacks the judge, prosecutor, jurors and their families, who threatens any Republicans who don't tow this line, and who promises revenge to his enemies when he gets back into power. 

I don't think Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are going to vote for that. 

• Like 3

I’m going to have to watch that orange fuck at every UFC PPV from now till the election and I’m already sick of Dana White forcing the fighters to kiss the ring of the felon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Belize said:

Call me crazy, but I don't believe a majority of voters are going to support a guy awaiting sentencing on 34 felonies, who attacks the judge, prosecutor, jurors and their families, who threatens any Republicans who don't tow this line, and who promises revenge to his enemies when he gets back into power. 

I don't think Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are going to vote for that. 

Unfortunately, that similar thinking was going on back in 2016 and we all unfortunately saw how that turned out. There's always going to be those who will gladly vote for the thing that sets the world on fire just so they can feel important and be entertained. So it's not a given that this year's vote is a toss-away and the republican party is basically chained to this particular albatross so he's going to be their nominee no matter what he says or does. I'm still encouraging everyone to vote. 

I do admit to being vaguely entertained by the thought that as a felon, he will not be able to vote in the Presidential election without DeSatan sending out the goon squad to arrest him for illegally voting. If he doesn't, all those other people who got busted for voting as felons will be able to turn around and sue the ever-loving crap out of Florida and DeSatan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I do admit to being vaguely entertained by the thought that as a felon, he will not be able to vote in the Presidential election without DeSatan sending out the goon squad to arrest him for illegally voting. If he doesn't, all those other people who got busted for voting as felons will be able to turn around and sue the ever-loving crap out of Florida and DeSatan. 

From what I've seen since the conviction, Florida actually defers to the rules of the state where the conviction is and NY doesn't ban felons from voting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Unfortunately, that similar thinking was going on back in 2016 and we all unfortunately saw how that turned out. There's always going to be those who will gladly vote for the thing that sets the world on fire just so they can feel important and be entertained. So it's not a given that this year's vote is a toss-away and the republican party is basically chained to this particular albatross so he's going to be their nominee no matter what he says or does. I'm still encouraging everyone to vote. 

Point taken. I'm not saying everything is fine and we shouldn't worry about Trump winning. I think it should be taken very seriously. 

On the other hand, I think 2024 is not 2016. Americans know what Trump is now, and obviously, Trump is a convicted felon awaiting sentencing when he wasn't that in 2016. You could also say in 2016, the opposite dynamic was true: Trump was seen as the new guy outsider while the Democratic candidate, Clinton, was the one under a legal cloud (the email server stuff). Sure, no criminality was found in the Clinton case and criminality has been found in the Trump case now. But it was still a legal cloud for Clinton. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

From what I've seen since the conviction, Florida actually defers to the rules of the state where the conviction is and NY doesn't ban felons from voting.

Which is very convenient when it's some orange lard who votes from a golf course that gets a tax write-off for being a golf course and not a residence.

1 hour ago, Belize said:

Point taken. I'm not saying everything is fine and we shouldn't worry about Trump winning. I think it should be taken very seriously. 

On the other hand, I think 2024 is not 2016. Americans know what Trump is now, and obviously, Trump is a convicted felon awaiting sentencing when he wasn't that in 2016. You could also say in 2016, the opposite dynamic was true: Trump was seen as the new guy outsider while the Democratic candidate, Clinton, was the one under a legal cloud (the email server stuff). Sure, no criminality was found in the Clinton case and criminality has been found in the Trump case now. But it was still a legal cloud for Clinton. 

I think plenty of people knew what kind of con man he was back in 2016 just from his perpetual bankruptcies but really didn't care. And we already have plenty of people who mysteriously can't remember anything that happened from 2016-2020 especially negative that might reflect poorly on their current voting choice. Hell, I heard someone claiming that the Covid pandemic started under Obama and they were absolutely serious about it. The problem with Hillary is that there were plenty of haters back in the 90's when she was the First Lady that were happily hating away until the 2016 election. 20 years of nursing personal conspiracies and general misogyny led to plenty of people prepped to spread the worst of anything as 'facts' in the election lead-up. The e-mail server stuff was just slightly more serious than Hunter Biden's laptop full of dick pics merely because it did have communications on it that should have had a second pair of impersonal eyes monitoring it; but when you consider that plenty of the same people who wanted her publicly lynched for it were also using their private computers for government communications and the entire Drumpf clan continued to use personal items for so-called government business [ Drumpf especially was well known for refusing to use the encrypted WH cell phone because he liked his personal, easily compromised phone better ], it's literally just dick pics all over again.

I'm looking forward to seeing if any of the political ads that seem to be running constantly around here start to skip mentioning their personal loyalty pledges to the golden fraud at every opportunity in order to separate themselves from being totally tied to the felony news. I'm also wondering if anyone is going to call him out for restarting the George Soros whistling when that sort of crap has been pulled back during the whole Palestinian genocide things going on. 

• Like 2

Here’s an anecdotal account from my life, that tells me we should be worried. I have a loved one that voted for Biden in 2020 who has stated they will vote for Trump this year. They’re misinformed on many issues, but the misinformation campaign I’m sure they’ve gotten from social media is working. I’m trying to convince them otherwise, but we should not feel comfortable right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jman said:

https://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/dana-white-refuses-to-censor-support-for-trump-you-know-what-i-said-go-fck-yourself/

Apparently Dana White, the UFC’s president, has been getting a ton of angry calls from sponsors who don’t want to advertise on shows with Trump, and Dana has told them all to go fuck off.  Lovely.  Five months of this shit.

Then they can stop advertising on those shows. When it starts to hurt the wallet, things either change or circle the drain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

Then they can stop advertising on those shows. When it starts to hurt the wallet, things either change or circle the drain.

He’s apparently been getting pissy with big sponsors over it.  Which is kind of hilarious because he was part of the Bud Light rehab tour for them, sponsoring them after that incident with the Pride cans and appearing in their commercials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

He’s apparently been getting pissy with big sponsors over it.  Which is kind of hilarious because he was part of the Bud Light rehab tour for them, sponsoring them after that incident with the Pride cans and appearing in their commercials.

Yeah, those Bud Light Pride cans that were only commercials on like TikTok or Instagram or something super niche like that that chapped the All-American thin-skinned teeny-weenies for existing. 

Once again, they can dump him. Chances are they are known well enough to survive not advertising on his programs but his dumb ass won't be able to keep the lights on if he ends up filling air space for extra cheap with things like Betty Crocker cake pans, Doggy Steps, and other great wonders of light-night As Seen On TV commercials. 

• Like 1

Trump loses in November. Bitches about it, filing a few lawsuits which go nowhere. And then his political story ends with a whimper instead of bang. And we laugh off the scary tough guy routine both he and his supporters like to do. 

Maybe I am just optimistic though. 

16 hours ago, Belize said:

Trump loses in November. Bitches about it, filing a few lawsuits which go nowhere. And then his political story ends with a whimper instead of bang. And we laugh off the scary tough guy routine both he and his supporters like to do. 

He's already making threats of violence and has useful idiots stating they'll only trust the results if they aren't 'rigged' which basically translates to anything that's not a landslide win for him. He's been telling people he doesn't really need their votes, he just needs them to watch the polling places to make sure there's no cheating [ aka anyone that isn't an inbred going into the polling place ]. There are still people out there that participated in Jan 6th and see nothing wrong with acting out again, especially when you have those same useful idiots calling the ones that have been locked up so far 'patriots' and 'political prisoners' as if they didn't actually do anything to warrant getting pitched in the poke. 

It doesn't matter if his bluster is the final actions of a giant diaper baby throwing a tantrum when there are people out there who will gladly think of themselves as foot soldiers in the Party of Guns & Ammo just looking for an excuse to act extra stupid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Belize said:

I thought that in 2021. He'll disappear for a couple of months, Republicans will say they're ready to "move on," Trump will start making new demands and then they'll start following them because most of them only face real challenges in primaries. They're either cult members or sniveling pussies, they aren't going to change until Trump is either gone or somehow physically incapacitated from speaking or whatever he does on Truth Social.  

Also, he pretty much owns the RNC now. Unless they remove the people he installed, it's not going to change for a long time or until it is totally bankrupt. I'm sure it's just another ATM for him to make withdrawals from right now.

• Like 3

This is a major reason why Trump, or whoever is the GOP nominee, has a very good chance at winning. On the issues people are really sliding toward the GOP. If it wasnt for Trump this race would likely be a cakewalk for the GOP. But, well, Trump.

Biden opened the floodgates for illegal immigration, and people are sick of it. We just saw the same thing play out in Europe with their elections, and we look poised to do the same thing here.

https://www.newsweek.com/ohio-special-election-congress-results-1911576

Another special election swings blue, this time in Ohio because the GOP couldn’t act normal for five minutes.  Only this one went 20 points towards a Democrat victory.  It’s notable because while the GOP won the election, it was by a much lower margin in a state that Trump only won by 8 percentage points.

If the GOP had just acted normal, got rid of the crazies, and ran on sensible borders and inflation control (such as passing the border bill instead of rejecting it so Trump could incoherently ramble about it), they would have probably been in a much better spot.  Instead they’re running on fascist theocracy and trying not to hurt the fee fees of a convicted felon.  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I would be careful reading too much into special elections. They are notorious for having wild outcomes.

That said, theres also an extremely clear pattern across the entire country that the more MAGA a candidate is, the worse they tend to do.

It means Democrats have reversed the past habit of them doing horribly in special elections. In the pre-Trump era, Republicans had an advantage in special elections, but now Democrats do because Trump has motivated them to think the country could be in danger if they don't vote. 

Trump has done a lot to get rid of apathy among Democrats. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I would be careful reading too much into special elections. They are notorious for having wild outcomes.

That said, theres also an extremely clear pattern across the entire country that the more MAGA a candidate is, the worse they tend to do.

Agreed on both counts.  It's just the Trump brand is so beyond toxic at that point that even with the noise Trump supporters make, it turns off most people.  You're bound to find at least one issue Trump rails against that will spur a person to vote against him.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, tsar4 said:

we have a large group of heritage foundation members here. 

they are currently making their way into public offices/boards. have one sitting on the board of elections. 

people act like things are 'being blown out of proportion'.

i don't think there's enough alarm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

they are currently making their way into public offices/boards. have one sitting on the board of elections. 

Agreed.  "There's nothing to worry about, we just want to make the next Republican President King/Dictator.  Nothing to see here."  I mentioned it previously, I think the wish list includes abolishing any Party other than the GOP.  Unless they set up a state sanctioned opponent headed by "Emmanuel Goldstein".  This whole thing of getting elected into local public offices reeks of Lyndon LaRouche's playbook.  He got his candidates on the Democratic ballot in Chicago.

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 3

General George Washington's response to a Colonel's letter hinting at a US Monarchy -

"Be assured Sir, no occurrence in the course of the War, has given me more painful sensations than your information of there being such ideas existing in the Army as you have expressed, and I must view with abhorrence, and reprehend with severity," wrote Washington.

"I am much at a loss to conceive what part of my conduct could have given encouragement to an address which to me seems big with the greatest mischiefs that can befall my Country. If I am not deceived in the knowledge of myself, you could not have found a person to whom your schemes are more disagreeable."

GOP - "So you're saying there's a chance..."

Edited by tsar4
  • Haha 5

On 6/16/2024 at 8:58 AM, discolé monade said:

This is the sort of thing that happens when locally-owned media dies. People are too busy tuning in to cable news and social media get their rage high instead of bothering to learn the name of their mayor or congressman. 

I keep hearing the stupid "School gives Furry kid litterbox" story from different people, always a different school. If they only had a local news source that actually covered school board meetings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From the mind of Trump:

“Well, you know, interestingly, they’ve done polling, and I do better against almost everybody,” said Trump.

“And so they don’t want to take him off,” he continued. “Maybe I’m better off losing the debate. I’ll make sure he stays. I’ll lose the debate on purpose. Maybe I’ll do something like that.”

Donald Trump’s Wild New Debate Claim Has People Saying, Hmm, OK (yahoo.com)

• Haha 1

The other Trump World conspiracy from Dr. Ronny Johnson (that's his name now as far as MAGA is concerned because Trump can't be wrong) Don Jr is very concerned that Biden is jacked up. (A roided out Biden running across the stage and tearing up Trump would be cool to see, though):

“Some of those are drugs that are engineered to try and help with your cognition. Some of them are just to try and make you more awake—the amphetamine-type drugs like Adderall and things of that nature, and then there’s things like Provigil that increase your alertness,” Jackson said. “So, I think they’re probably trying to find just the right mix of stuff that can wake him up and make him a little bit more alert and with it.”

MAGA Pushes New Conspiracy to Prep for Trump Losing Biden Debate (msn.com)

• Haha 1

Claiming that Biden is going to be dosed up on meds in order to function is rich coming from someone absolutely hooked on flu meds and will likely need a whole lot of something to stay on topic for any length of time. 

Remember boys and girls, every accusation is actually a confession! :) 

Honestly, he's just trying to pretend his up coming fail is just him throwing it because it's already been settled that mics will be turned off during opponent's speaking time so he's going to look like a silent mumbling child in the background unless he starts screaming and/or actively shitting his pants. 

• Like 2

Semi-related:  Yesterday, someone who retired from where I worked and moved to Texas came back for a visit.  I didn't know the person, so I didn't go to meet her but instead heard her talking.  She told everyone she knew there that she refers to Illinois as "Sodom & Gomorrah" because of the Democrats running the state.  I was oh so tempted to stand up & say, "We're Sodom & Gomorrah and we get 90F+ heat, but you get dust storms, floods, 100F+ temps, tornadoes & tropical storms - what the heck did you guys do to deserve that divine punishment?".

Edited by tsar4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The king of the republican party is a convicted sex offender and adulterer with a legion of others following him with tastes ranging from they thought they were legal to they asked for it to just outright deny everything including water is wet.

I'm waiting for someone to get hit by lightning. The whole area will smell like fries and bacon grease.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I'm waiting for someone to get hit by lightning. The whole area will smell like fries and bacon grease.

More like an explosion at a manure processor, they're so FOS.

• Like 1