UnevenEdge

Non-dairy milk

SwimOdin

1 hour ago, stilgar said:

I tried almond milk once. It tasted like almonds and I did not like that.

Similarly not a fan of most of them. Oat milk still tastes like oats. Soy milk... well, that's more of a thing that has its own flavor that isn't really milk...

But, macadamia milk isn't too bad.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

I use almond milk for my breakfast, but it’s no substitute for real milk.  I don’t really like the taste of any non dairy milks.

Oat is so far the best....but it doesn't get cold....Well, I guess it gets cold but....Ok, have you ever just drank straight creamer, and how its so thick tht it feels like it's not cold enough....That's this, but I got over it pretty quick.

• Thanks 1

*Looks bitterly at everyone who can drink oat milk* I tried it after finding it on sale and liked it much better than soy milk and almond milk. Then 4 sips in, my stomach gave me the McDonalds Mcnuggets warning; a sudden strong nausea meaning if I consume more, I will Exorcist puke. My stomach was absolutely not having that shit, and then insult to injury, that mug put me in the bathroom like regular milk. So fuck y'all who can drink it! 😭

5 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

*Looks bitterly at everyone who can drink oat milk* I tried it after finding it on sale and liked it much better than soy milk and almond milk. Then 4 sips in, my stomach gave me the McDonalds Mcnuggets warning; a sudden strong nausea meaning if I consume more, I will Exorcist puke. My stomach was absolutely not having that shit, and then insult to injury, that mug put me in the bathroom like regular milk. So fuck y'all who can drink it! 😭

Well, after sleeping on it, Non-lactose 365 whole milk is the best so try that if you can.....The oat milk I kinda like BECAUSE it's thick.....Andding strawberry syrup is awesome.

20 minutes ago, Insipid said:

As a former barista, there is no replacing dairy if you want the perfect cappuccino. Fortunately, non-dairy works fine in lattes, and most people don't know the difference between cappuccinos and lattes anyway.

Oat milk is all right though.

For some reason, I can always tell when they would use non-dairy milk in my fancy coffee. With all the sugars going on, you'd think there wouldn't be any problems but I end up getting DragonSinger's McNugget warning if there's fake milk in my real coffees. I don't have issues with fake milk outside of that though, I just think it tastes weird. 

I finally had to make sure to request real milk specifically when placing an order. Just because I'm getting a vegetarian sammich doesn't mean I'm a vegan. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

For some reason, I can always tell when they would use non-dairy milk in my fancy coffee. With all the sugars going on, you'd think there wouldn't be any problems but I end up getting DragonSinger's McNugget warning if there's fake milk in my real coffees. I don't have issues with fake milk outside of that though, I just think it tastes weird. 

I finally had to make sure to request real milk specifically when placing an order. Just because I'm getting a vegetarian sammich doesn't mean I'm a vegan. 

This is why I stick with real milk despite being lactose intolerant. I can consume it and unless I overdo it, it's only gonna come out the one end an hour+ later. All that money spent on a fancy coffee drink and then being unable to drink it would piss me off.

19 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Well, after sleeping on it, Non-lactose 365 whole milk is the best so try that if you can.....The oat milk I kinda like BECAUSE it's thick.....Andding strawberry syrup is awesome.

I've had lactose free milk at bubble tea places and didn't have a negative reaction, but that stuff is expensive. There's also only 1 or 2 lower rated options in the stores closer to me. So it's a drive to Whole Foods and spending Whole Foods money to get it.

Edited by DragonSinger

I been on oat milk for the past couple months now, and yeah plant milks also have a longer shelf life. For chocolate milk, cashew is the best, in my experience at least. That, and Ripple, which has pea protein, is mixed with other plant stuff and is pretty friggin good but they don't sell it everywhere. Sprouts and Kroger usually have it, seems to fly off the shelves at Safeway.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:50 AM, cyberbully said:

Yes! That’s the stuff I used to buy. 🫰🤙

now I get dha omega 3. I have some oat milk  though. no shortages here

• 4 weeks later...