UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

Also lol at CBS realizing they ended up with two 4-10* teams for their Christmas game and thought "Eh, we might as well put this on Nick too."

*once again MD I am so sorry for...whatever the hell's going on up there

Edit: *Cee-Lo Green voice* "Welp, that's our story, Nathaniel Hackett's dead."

Edited by Seight
  • Haha 2

carr will not be a raider anymore. 

he has been benched the last two games for stidham. his contract becomes a guarantee if he got injured. the raiders have 3 days after the superbowl to drop him to get off the hook from his contract, suffering only a small penalty. no way he staying on the team. davis has chosen mcdaniels as his guy and we are stuck with him for at least 3-4 years. 

this season has been his worst since 2018. he's got career high in interceptions and a dip in his accuracy and yardage. theres been regression for sure. but imo, he isn't all to blame. mcdaniels really sucks as a coach and there is a learning curve to the system he has implemented. carr took a dip in his first year with gruden as well. second thing i must point at is the o-line. while it has been great at rushing, it has been atrocious far too often the last 2 seasons. carr is the type of qb that requires a clean pocket. he needs to trust his team that they wont get him hit. and his worst weakness is he will have a few 2-3 games where he does hurt the team on his own and it will look ugly. 

that said, i still believe he is a top 10 qb and is best when kept in a clean pocket, and a system that plays to his strengths. he has shown that he does not really require a top tier receiver to get it done either. and you pair him with a speedster like with when we had ruggs or agholor or cooper, he will be tossing 40+ yard passes all day. and most importantly, he has been able to show that he can play when behind, with the game on the line. maybe not much this season but he has done it so many times throughout his career. even this season, he has been helping adams put up some great numbers. carr is a big reason why we even have adams in the first place.

its the right move for the team. his contract was gonna go sky high, and with mcdaniels staying as coach they were not gonna pair up well together. now i cant wait to drink away my sorrows away when we eventually get brady 🤮. well at least the donkeys are somehow in a much worse spot than us lmao! sorry but they should just cut their losses and also drop russ. 

Edited by Distortedreasoning

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

S Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field after a tackle and had to be administered CPR. The game is suspended with Bengals leading 7-3 

hopefully he’ll be ok 

Was watching and absolutely jarred. Stayed off social media because it was getting cooky.

Definitely one of the worst things I have seen in NFL. Totally surreal and solemn. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Was watching and absolutely jarred. Stayed off social media because it was getting cooky.

Definitely one of the worst things I have seen in NFL. Totally surreal and solemn. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

What happened to him?  Idt it had anything to do with the play. He just dropped. 

• Like 1

I think the most concerning thing about that injury was the lack of context clues between "normal football play" and "GET THE MEDICAL STAFF ON THE FIELD RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

Even with Tua's concussion against Cincy earlier this year there were clear signs of distress, this was "make a tackle, get up and go back to- oh god that guy just fell over." 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The NFL won’t take responsibility for this the tackle was standard they weren’t even gonna stop the game but the players and coaches said “no fuckin way”

Thats the thing for me thats so crazy. This wasnt one of those hits that is clearly dirty and needs to be gone from the game, it was just a normal play.

It just happened to hit at the perfect spot at the perfect time to cause his heart to stop. An absolutely freak thing that no one can control. This isnt like concussions and hits to the head, its a totally random thing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

As horrible as the event was, this is the complete opposite. Last I checked its at $3.5M and climbing.

The whole community seems to have been rug-pulled by this. I have had friends say it eerily feels like the 9/11 of NFL, but not because of malice or evil. I think this is so shocking because it comes down to Hamlin being in the wrong place at the right time. It was a standard hit. He got up and then boom. 

Kind of shows that it could happen to any player. 

So glad to see everyone coming together. Aside from the idiots on twitter screeching that this is due to vaccines.. 

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

They’re gonna resume the game eventually the playoffs will either get pushed back a week or there won’t be that buffer week between the championship and the Super Bowl

Thats what they did after 9/11. Push everything 1 week and then no bye-week before the super bowl. Seems like the best option at this point honestly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Thats what they did after 9/11. Push everything 1 week and then no bye-week before the super bowl. Seems like the best option at this point honestly.

That’s looking the most likely you definitely can’t not play the game or call the game for Cincinnati since they were leading. Had the medical emergency happened later on in the game that could have been a viable option but they really can’t do that in this situation 

• Like 1

Scores and Picks are up.

The suspended game will not be scored unless and until it is officially replayed. If the NFL is assho and does something stupid then it won't be scored either way, because F Goodell.

Be aware that the schedule this week is another crazy one, games start on Saturday at 4:00 pm.

I sincerely hope that Damar Hamlin makes a complete recovery and can return to productive life within the Bills in some capacity, on the field or off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

They’re gonna resume the game eventually the playoffs will either get pushed back a week or there won’t be that buffer week between the championship and the Super Bowl

I could see that happening considered the Pro Bowl isn't actually a game anymore, but basically the skills challenge and then a flag football game.

21 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Easily the scariest injury I have ever seen.

He got up just fine and then completely collapsed. 

Getting up might have saved his life.  I was thinking that had he just stayed down, the medics might not have thought the situation was life threatening.  But getting up and just dropping, they're gonna jump at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I hope he makes a full recovery hopefully he’s got brain activity. I read they had to resuscitate him in the hospital but hopefully they didn’t.  He was probably put in a coma for the ventilator and to lower his body temperature. The theory being that the cold will reduce brain swelling, idk the specifics but it came from drowning victims suffering little to no brain injury despite many minutes without oxygen.  

I only know this stuff because of my mom. That’s what they did for her, granted he’s much younger so his chances of recovery are leaps and bounds better 

18 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Thats a quote to end all quotes. Really have to hand it to everyone involved in this. Just an amazing job from all the medical personnel involved.

Definitely, it all could’ve went really badly.  thankfully his physical conditioning and age played a big part in that not happening.  I’m glad he and his family got a happy ending.  Of course big ups to all the medical professionals caring for him too. 

• Like 1

The NFL has adopted a rule change for the AFC playoffs. The AFC Championship could be held at a neutral site if any of the 3 teams who could have won the 1 seed would host it. So if the Chiefs get the 1 seed and win, and play either Buffalo or Cinci in the Championship, the game would be held at a neutral site.

Theres also the chance for a coin flip to determine a game between the Bengals and Ravens.
Its a total mess, but at least we know whats going on now.

I was looking at SportsMix on DirecTV earlier and realized that the last time Jacksonville and Tennessee played, the Titans had a three game lead on the Jaguars and could have closed out the division then.

It's FOUR WEEKS LATER and Jacksonville leads the division now.