UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

The ref is just off screen at the bottom looking right at the play.  The Fin player has already spun Claypool around and is apparently trying to get to second base with him.

image.png.bf8659ae4d49cfaf2986de1d2f736424.png

Ref Sgt Schultz - "I see NOTHING!"  Even the announcers were waiting for the flag.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

The ref is just off screen at the bottom looking right at the play.  The Fin player has already spun Claypool around and is apparently trying to get to second base with him.

Ref Sgt Schultz - "I see NOTHING!"  Even the announcers were waiting for the flag.

NFL is bullshit anymore it’s like professional wrestling with “good teams” and “bad teams” with “good guys” and “bad guys” the refs are told what to call and what to ignore I’m convinced of that. Not saying games are fixed or outcomes are predetermined but I def think they try to push games a certain way 

37 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

NFL is bullshit anymore it’s like professional wrestling with “good teams” and “bad teams” with “good guys” and “bad guys” the refs are told what to call and what to ignore I’m convinced of that. Not saying games are fixed or outcomes are predetermined but I def think they try to push games a certain way 

This is pretty much the take on r/bears.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

This is pretty much the take on r/bears.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that feels  that way. When your team has been struggling for so long it’s easy to see. The calls are so bad that “different interpretations” or “the refs didn’t catch it” just don’t cut it.  The refs definitely protect some players more than others 

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

image.png.0fa34f21f1bfac1c667e34eb540c396f.png

• Haha 3

way to go jets and lions! i saw the last quarter of the jets/bills and the jets defense was smoking hot. and the running game just tearing it up on the bills. qb tho? not as much but the rest of the team is really good. they got a tough schedule and division but you gotta feel good about where the team is and where its headed. 

i am not a fan of tanking, even if it means getting a better player, at some point, the team needs that winning culture. raiders are in a shitty spot where they have a more talented team than last year but are tied with the lions. part of me wants them to tank, but the truth is, we got more problems than just the qb position. mcdaniels just straight out sucks. how the hell we be blowing multiple 17+ point leads? just terrible. we were supposed to win against the jags but lose in the same fashion we been losing all season. 

at least the donkeys are sucking this year too. and so are the packers and even the bucs not doing too hot. 

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Wait, the Jets game or the SNF game?  Because the Jets game was fun.

The SNF game sucked. I hate the Chiefs.

I’m talking about both. I like the Chiefs. Liked them from the Matt Cassel days of course if they play the Jets they can get fucked but for me both games were great fun 

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Not to be a downer (well, actually maybe a little bit): saw this opinion piece on CNN.

I'm not so disingenuous to suggest that people stop watching football when I still do (in person, at least), but each passing year brings more difficulties when getting enjoyment out of the game.

The NFL is a terrible organization that has done terrible things to its fans and most importantly their players. It’s a gladiator sport and the players are compensated, in many cases really well.  The NFL claims to be making changes so as to make the game safer. 

I don’t know what it would take for me to boycott football.  I’m not boycotting Amazon for having the movie “from hebrews to negros” so I don’t see boycotting the NFL anytime soon for the awful shit they done either 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The NFL is a terrible organization that has done terrible things to its fans and most importantly their players. It’s a gladiator sport and the players are compensated, in many cases really well.  The NFL claims to be making changes so as to make the game safer. 

I don’t know what it would take for me to boycott football.  I’m not boycotting Amazon for having the movie “from hebrews to negros” so I don’t see boycotting the NFL anytime soon for the awful shit they done either 

The only reason to boycott is for your own well being, and most of us probably won’t get that far.  Still, it does make me think about how I cope with football.   I suppose it’s one of the reasons I refuse to watch my team on tv and typically skip quarters while watching the game in person.

3 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The only reason to boycott is for your own well being, and most of us probably won’t get that far.  Still, it does make me think about how I cope with football.   I suppose it’s one of the reasons I refuse to watch my team on tv and typically skip quarters while watching the game in person.

Are you talking about colleges or pro football?  I don’t watch college sports 

what does skipping quarters in person do?  Either watch or don’t skipping quarters in person is just silly. Did you not pay for the ticket?  Might as well just watch it if that’s the case 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Are you talking about colleges or pro football?  I don’t watch college sports 

what does skipping quarters in person do?  Either watch or don’t skipping quarters in person is just silly. Did you not pay for the ticket?  Might as well just watch it if that’s the case 

College football. Of course there is context… I work on the sidelines:  I can justify missing a quarter because I’m actually doing something related to my work away from the stadium.  So, perhaps it’s not as simple as I’m walking out of the stadium as much as I rearrange my workflow so that I “have” to miss the game.

As to what it does…. I typically miss out on some of the injuries.  Even when I’m at the game, I can usually keep myself busy so I’m not paying attention.   I’ve been doing this work for about 20 years now, so it’s not like I got to this point with any intent, I’ve just come to the realization that I probably wouldn’t watch any of the game from the stands if I couldn’t make up something to do when it’s inconvenient.

On 11/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, 1pooh4u said:

yeah, these are corporations out for profit, not like the nfl ever was a pillar of morality. they may try and pretend to have a squeaky clean image. but just look at the owners, and look at some of the more privileged players, the league will turn a blind eye for them. same for any other corporation that stands for a cause.

that said, i would absolutely stand by 100% if there was some sort of non corporate league that competed with the nfl and succeeded. would love to see a league that not only focuses on players well being, and paid them fairly. but also one that provided a much better viewing experience. no more commercials or military promotion!

17 hours ago, Seight said:

Let's check in with the Colts, shall we?

he's going the way of the late al davis. 

colts fans better strap on, its gonna be some turbulent times ahead.

also we play the colts, so if we lose, what does that say about josh mcdaniels? 

Edited by Distortedreasoning

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

he's going the way of the late al davis. 

colts fans better strap on, its gonna be some turbulent times ahead.

also we play the colts, so if we lose, what does that say about josh mcdaniels? 

I just don't understand trying to speedrun to the #1 pick when the Texans/Lions/Panthers exist.

Unless Irsay thinks this plan is actually going to help, in which case...test him again.

Quick update.

I just got home for the first time in the past 30 hrs. I've got to head back out again in 30 minutes.

There will not be an update and picks today. Sorry about that.

THERE WILL NOT BE A THURSDAY PICK!!!!!

Instead we will pick the Sunday/Monday games. I do not feel it would be fair to anyone to have them try to get picks in the same day as a game.

Again apologies for any confusion.

Take care and someone make sure Pooh is still alive. :P

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Quick update.

I just got home for the first time in the past 30 hrs. I've got to head back out again in 30 minutes.

Instead we will pick the Sunday/Monday games. I do not feel it would be fair to anyone to have them try to get picks in the same day as a game.

Dude I thought you died too 😆😝

6 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Quick update.

*checks what the TNF game this week is*

I can accept that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah fuck that train wreck ATL at wtf Carolina or some crap game I get to just relax this week cuz the jets are on the bye I tell ya watching them really ain’t great for major organs particularly the heart and brain, and even the liver for some of us 😆

I saw the highlights and my first thought was "Why did Carolina choose to look like someone playing Super Smash Bros ALSO choose Atlanta as their fighter?"

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Seight said:

I saw the highlights and my first thought was "Why did Carolina choose to look like someone playing Super Smash Bros ALSO choose Atlanta as their fighter?"

I watched a quarter thought “oh nice maybe Carolina will have a 3rd win” switched the channel and sometime later got the notification that ATL was leading by 7 with 3 min left so maybe we missed a good game 

unfortunately I’ll be missing the rest of TNF because I’m dropping Amazon until they remove the movie Hebrews2Negroes