UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

11 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...GO JAGUARS! BEAT THOSE DAMN TITANS!

I'd be willing to bet that at least one team that thinks it has a chance at winning its division tries to sign a starting-caliber QB to a one- or two-year deal as a backup specifically so that...whatever this is that happened to Tennessee doesn't happen to them next season.

4 hours ago, Seight said:

I'd be willing to bet that at least one team that thinks it has a chance at winning its division tries to sign a starting-caliber QB to a one- or two-year deal as a backup specifically so that...whatever this is that happened to Tennessee doesn't happen to them next season.

I bet San Fran's looking to move Jimmy G in the offseason. Look for teams to try to snatch him up. (For one example.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Why do the Falcons suddenly look good in a meaningless game and why do I continue to submit myself to this?

Because undying fandom has no limits, sir. Still, I know how you feel. My Texans have a chance to win this final game against the Colts, and if we do win, we most likely won't get the first overall pick.

15 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

WE HAVE FINALLY BEATEN TOM BRADY. SURE, IT CAME IN A GAME WHERE THE RESULTS DIDN’T REALLY MATTER AND HE ONLY PLAYED UNTIL THE FIRST TWO MINUTE WARNING, BUT IT COUNTS.

SEE Y’ALL IN 2023

Too bad you couldn't when it was for all the marbles. >_>

6 minutes ago, Seight said:

*looks in the general vicinity of Indiana*

Imagine making such a bad choice at interim HC that it eventually ends up costing another team the #1 pick in the Draft.

That's life as a fan of Houston pro sports.

Edited by hornedlizardman

So to recap on the NFC Side:

Eagles are the 1 seed.

Lions are eliminated, but can still beat the Packers to keep Green Bay out of the playoffs.

Seattle needs Detroit to win in order to make the playoffs. They've already beaten the Rams, therefore eliminating the Lions from playoff contention.

While all the Packers need to do to get into the playoffs is beat Detroit tonight.

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

It’s all good. “There’s always next year” is the jets’ fan’s mantra for the last 56 years 😆

You need to get a different quarterback. Hell, maybe even new ownership. (Hey, that sounds familiar...lol)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hornedlizardman said:

You need to get a different quarterback. Hell, maybe even new ownership. (Hey, that sounds familiar...lol)

New ownership ain’t happening any time soon but I agree they definitely need a QB. Maybe they make a FA grab, maybe they make White and Wilson compete for the position. Probably stuck with Wilson another year. Hopefully they work with him all off season. Get him consistent. Get his confidence back. Unfortunately he lost the locker room this season. Idt the team wanted to play for him after he accepted no responsibility for the team’s losses. Didn’t even hesitate when he was asked if he felt he let the defense down. He said “no” so quickly and had such an awful attitude that no one wanted to hear shit from him anymore 

• Like 2

Yeah, I get it. We definitely need new ownership, too. Well, that and potentially a new head coach because we need someone who can make good play calls and in-game adjustments. And Mills did complete a 4th quarter comeback today against the Colts, but I don't think he's the answer. I also don't think Bryce Young may be the long-term answer either. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to draft him regardless of the pick, but we have so many holes to fill it's completely unreal. We need to focus on our offensive line first so we may have to wait until the pick we got from the Browns in the Deshawn Watson trade to draft our QB, or maybe even lower.

So while the Texans' situation is a little different, I definitely see parallels between us and the Jets so I feel for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yikes looks like the Steelers have a “giving cpr” sack celebration and they did it during a game today.  Not too bright. Players should be fined for stupidity

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2023/01/pittsburgh-steelers-called-classless-total-trash-for-cpr-sack-celebration-days-after-damar-hamlin-situation.html?outputType=amp

That's just wrong, man. What a bunch of tasteless jerks.

3 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

Texans fire head coach Lovie Smith after an abysmal 3-13-1 record. Story here.

Good, that gives Houston the ability to try to hire Josh McCown again even though they were JUST given proof of concept why that's a bad idea hire a head coach that can help develop some of the picks in this year's Draft.

1 hour ago, Seight said:

Good, that gives Houston the ability to try to hire Josh McCown again even though they were JUST given proof of concept why that's a bad idea hire a head coach that can help develop some of the picks in this year's Draft.

Please don't remind me. lol

Broncos ended the year with a Win. And more importantly, we looked halfway decent. After the last two weeks I think that its pretty clear that the majority of our problems were coming from Hackett, and not from Russ. Russ isnt as young as he used to be, but he still looked good once we got out of the Hackett offense. We saw flashes of vintage Russ yesterday and had some of those huge plays he is known for.

Im more optimistic for next year after seeing that than I was like 5 weeks ago. I think if we fix some things, and get a real coach, we will be pretty competitive. We arent the dumpster fire that I thought we were during the Hackett experience.

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

The Jets did what the Jets do best. Ended the season giving up a safety 💩

And we scored a safety in order to win a game that screwed us out of the number one overall pick, though it my end up being a blessing that we're number 2. Again, there are just too many holes to fill.

56 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

And we scored a safety in order to win a game that screwed us out of the number one overall pick, though it my end up being a blessing that we're number 2. Again, there are just too many holes to fill.

The Jets have done shit like that too but they gotta play to win no matter what, so it wasn’t like I could stay mad 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

The Jets have done shit like that too but they gotta play to win no matter what, so it wasn’t like I could stay mad 

I know, and I have the exact same feeling you just described. It's just that the sports talk radio stations here in Houston have been dogging the team for blowing a golden opportunity to ensure our future by losing the game. That said, because of the fact we have so many areas we need to improve upon, we could actually focus on a key need with our first pick, again like an O-Lineman or defensive end, and take a quarterback later in the draft who can sit back and learn our system. And I pray to God that we're able to bring in Sean Payton and give him the time he needs to get us back to where we need to be. (It probably won't happen, but I can dream, right?)

2 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

I know, and I have the exact same feeling you just described. It's just that the sports talk radio stations here in Houston have been dogging the team for blowing a golden opportunity to ensure our future by losing the game. 

That logic to me is honestly dumb unless, and only unless, the top pick has an almost surefire chance of being a generational talent.

"But why should we do that? Your plan is to get rid of us as soon as possible."

14 minutes ago, Seight said:

That logic to me is honestly dumb unless, and only unless, the top pick has an almost surefire chance of being a generational talent.

"But why should we do that? Your plan is to get rid of us as soon as possible."

Hey, I'm right there with you. They, on the other hand, think they know better. *shrugs*

@CountFrylock, let's continue the Cowboys' discussion here, eh?

Yeah. Dak Prescott should've have better rule awareness. Their losing to San Francisco like that is inexcusable.

Now I have to say that I wore both Oilers (before they left town after 1996) and Cowboys gear growing up. The Oilers stuff came from my dad's parents and the Cowboys gear would come from my relatives who lived in Gladewater and Carthage. One of the articles of clothing was a hoodie with Danny White's number on the front. I wore that hoodie so much I wore it out. And my favorite NFL player of all-time is Captain America himself, Roger Staubach.

5 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

@CountFrylock, let's continue the Cowboys' discussion here, eh?

Yeah. Dak Prescott should've have better rule awareness. Their losing to San Francisco like that is inexcusable.

Now I have to say that I wore both Oilers (before they left town after 1996) and Cowboys gear growing up. The Oilers stuff came from my dad's parents and the Cowboys gear would come from my relatives who lived in Gladewater and Carthage. One of the articles of clothing was a hoodie with Danny White's number on the front. I wore that hoodie so much I wore it out. And my favorite NFL player of all-time is Captain America himself, Roger Staubach.

I'm Used to Cowboys being shit.....but at this point it's gotten old

Jerry Jones is Seen as the Crazy Old Grandpa whose too nutty to realize this team's a laughingstock and a meme on the internet

1 minute ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm Used to Cowboys being shit.....but at this point it's gotten old

Jerry Jones is Seen as the Crazy Old Grandpa whose too nutty to realize this team's a laughingstock and a meme on the internet

Well, hopefully, he'll retire soon and hand the reins over to his son Stephen. That said, it could also be due to coaching. I mean there have been some questionable coaching calls made over the years, regardless of the head coach. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't get them to buy in, you're screwed. (And I'm not saying McCarthy hasn't gotten his players to buy into his way of doing things. The fact they made the playoffs again is proof that they've bought in, at least for the moment. I'm just saying good luck winning as a head coach of any football team at any level when the players think your system sucks.)

On 1/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, hornedlizardman said:

bears got the #1 and they already got their qb, unless they feeling really down on fields and go with a new qb. either way texans can still get a top talent qb. they will most likely play it safe and get the best qb they can get. 

8 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

bears got the #1 and they already got their qb, unless they feeling really down on fields and go with a new qb. either way texans can still get a top talent qb. they will most likely play it safe and get the best qb they can get. 

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I would love to have Bryce Young come to Houston. I'd rather us focus on improving our offensive line first and foremost before we look for our next, and hopefully, last attempt at a franchise QB for a long time.

Can we somehow go back in time, get some of Roger Staubach's DNA, come back to this timeline, and clone him, please? Someone who can play like "Captain America" (in Staubach's case, he literally was a PT boat captain in Vietnam before he played a down in the NFL) may be what it takes to save our franchise from perpetual failure. (And even then, we need to find a way to keep him upright so my higher priority, personally, is the offensive line.)

Wildacrd picks are up.

Games will be played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Games are worth 5 pts each.

Scores have been updated.

No one got the GOAT or LOL bonus pick correct. First time that has happened I think.

The Regular Season GOAT was a tie between the Eagles and the Chiefs at 14-3.

The Regular Season LOL was Da Bears at 3-14

The Texans ended the season at 3-13-, avoiding the LOL thanks to the Colts Defense not understanding the concept of keeping the other team OUT of the endzone.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 8:06 AM, hornedlizardman said:

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I would love to have Bryce Young come to Houston. I'd rather us focus on improving our offensive line first and foremost before we look for our next, and hopefully, last attempt at a franchise QB for a long time.

Can we somehow go back in time, get some of Roger Staubach's DNA, come back to this timeline, and clone him, please? Someone who can play like "Captain America" (in Staubach's case, he literally was a PT boat captain in Vietnam before he played a down in the NFL) may be what it takes to save our franchise from perpetual failure. (And even then, we need to find a way to keep him upright so my higher priority, personally, is the offensive line.)

good qbs are a lot tougher to than good line men. this is a golden opportunity. who knows what happens next season. 

you just gotta get a good coach first and not fire them after just 1 year lol. 

12 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Wildacrd picks are up.

Games will be played on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Games are worth 5 pts each.

Scores have been updated.

No one got the GOAT or LOL bonus pick correct. First time that has happened I think.

The Regular Season GOAT was a tie between the Eagles and the Chiefs at 14-3.

The Regular Season LOL was Da Bears at 3-14

The Texans ended the season at 3-13-, avoiding the LOL thanks to the Colts Defense not understanding the concept of keeping the other team OUT of the endzone.

if only i wasnt late so many thursdays i think i would have been tied for first at this point lol. 

still anybody's game at this point.

47 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

good qbs are a lot tougher to than good line men. this is a golden opportunity. who knows what happens next season. 

you just gotta get a good coach first and not fire them after just 1 year lol. 

Well, that goes without saying. lol