UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

7 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

Trevor Lawrence overcomes a four-interception game by throwing four touchdowns and leading the Jaguars in a comeback for the ages against the Chargers, winning 31-30 on a game-winning field goal.

*Cee-Lo Green voice* Welp, that's our story, Brandon Staley's dead.

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is Buffalo gonna do a grand larceny today?  Idk got already a TD and an interception taken to their red zone. 

TD as I was posting this 28 just waltzed in the end zone 

Probably. I mean the Bills definitely came to play today.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Probably. I mean the Bills definitely came to play today.

Plus 90% of the calls are gonna go The Bills way. They already were becoming the darlings of the NFL. Hamlin, who I’m so glad is already back on his feet, solidified that position. 

I was honestly shocked they took that one TD back, but the powers that be probably told the refs to not let this be a blowout cuz Saturday was trouncings 😆

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Plus 90% of the calls are gonna go The Bills way. They already were becoming the darlings of the NFL. Hamlin, who I’m so glad is already back on his feet, solidified that position. 

I was honestly shocked they took that one TD back, but the powers that be probably told the refs to not let this be a blowout cuz Saturday was trouncings 😆

To be fair, though, that wasn't a catch. He didn't establish possession until after he had stepped out of bounds.

And yeah, we've got ourselves a potential comeback on our hands.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m not talking about the out of bounds call I’m talking about the TD way before that when the ground may or may not have assisted the catch 

Ah, okay. Yeah, that should've been a touchdown. Kinda surprised they even overturned it, but, well, you know...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Ah, okay. Yeah, that should've been a touchdown. Kinda surprised they even overturned it, but, well, you know...

They have stats on that type of thing, which team gets the most positive results from officials. NE BUF being the most fortunate and teams like NYJ and Detroit get the short end of the stick 

9 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

they won most their games by a single score so not very sustainable. luck ran out for them.

Pretty much, yeah. Also, I'll say this as well: I realize he's just a rookie, but Brock Purdy, in my eyes anyway, is the real deal. If I'm San Francisco, I'm doing what I can to make sure Purdy's entrenched as the starting quarterback moving forward. That includes trading away both Jimmy G. and Trey Lance, and getting some draft picks for Lance, at least. (Now I admit it probably won't happen, but it certainly should because whatever it is that makes great quarterbacks great, Purdy has it in spades, from what I can tell.)

Edited by hornedlizardman

Also, here's a neat little stat for you: Tom Brady has as many playoff wins (35) by himself as the Dallas Cowboys have had throughout their entire history as an NFL franchise (also 35.) If he beats them tonight, he'll pass them. Again, this is BY HIMSELF!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hornedlizardman said:

Pretty much, yeah. Also, I'll say this as well: I realize he's just a rookie, but Brock Purdy, in my eyes anyway, is the real deal. If I'm San Francisco, I'm doing what I can to make sure Purdy's entrenched as the starting quarterback moving forward. That includes trading away both Jimmy G. and Trey Lance, and getting some draft picks for Lance, at least. (Now I admit it probably won't happen, but it certainly should because whatever it is that makes great quarterbacks great, Purdy has it in spades, from what I can tell.)

having a great team around the qb goes a very long ways in giving qbs success. 

regardless, he is more than pulling his own and is contributing towards that teams success. football outsiders ranked his playoff performance the 2nd best performance by any rookie qb, only behind russell wilson. if purdy does continues to have success they will indeed have a big decision to make. remember, we still havent really seen much of lance. and they gave up 3 first round pics for him. 

2 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Damn the Buccs choked hard. I dislike Dak and Brady but still, wish the game was better

Wonder where Brady is going next year? I think he is too addicted to football to retire yet haha who knows 

no choke here, cowboys just a better team.

people keep saying he's going to the raiders, but the raiders are worse off than the bucs. the oline as is will end up leaving him crippled. the defense is just as awful as it has ever been these past 5 years, meaning its the worst in the league. we will probably lose jacobs in fa too. 

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

no choke here, cowboys just a better team.

people keep saying he's going to the raiders, but the raiders are worse off than the bucs. the oline as is will end up leaving him crippled. the defense is just as awful as it has ever been these past 5 years, meaning its the worst in the league. we will probably lose jacobs in fa too. 

...Oh god, the NFL would absolutely put Denver/Las Vegas on either Monday Night or Thursday Night Football at least once if Brady went there, wouldn't they?

• Like 1

Y

49 minutes ago, Seight said:

...Oh god, the NFL would absolutely put Denver/Las Vegas on either Monday Night or Thursday Night Football at least once if Brady went there, wouldn't they?

If he were to forgive the 'Niners for passing on him, he'd probably go there and give it one last hurrah. (He grew up a die-hard San Francisco fan.)

On 1/17/2023 at 1:30 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

having a great team around the qb goes a very long ways in giving qbs success. 

regardless, he is more than pulling his own and is contributing towards that teams success. football outsiders ranked his playoff performance the 2nd best performance by any rookie qb, only behind russell wilson. if purdy does continues to have success they will indeed have a big decision to make. remember, we still havent really seen much of lance. and they gave up 3 first round pics for him. 

Yes, that's very true. In fact, one of my friends on my sports group Discord server says they're probably gonna have Lance be the starter next season just to see what he can do even though Purdy is having an incredible rookie season this year.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:30 AM, Seight said:

yup.  they would never pass up the opportunity of brady vs russ prime time match.

it would be a guarantee shit show. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

yup.  they would never pass up the opportunity of brady vs russ prime time match.

it would be a guarantee shit show. 

And the sad thing is a lot of us would still probably watch. (Myself included, because "footbawl!" and stuff.)

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I gotta revisit my picks for this week cuz some of them are just wacky 😆

it’s as though I’m trying to get them all wrong 

I mean if I HAD to pick I'd probably go with SF, KC, PHI, and BUF. Jacksonville does have a chance to pull the upset, but I just don't see it happening. As for the other three, I think they're just too good, even the Niners with their rookie QB.

4 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

SF, NY, KC, BUF

I want the Cowboys to win, because my wife is an insane fan and she’d be so down if they lose. Which they will.

I would LOOOOVE for the Giants to win, but I think the Eagles are just too good as well. That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

29 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

I mean if I HAD to pick I'd probably go with SF, KC, PHI, and BUF. Jacksonville does have a chance to pull the upset, but I just don't see it happening. As for the other three, I think they're just too good, even the Niners with their rookie QB.

If the Eagles beat the Giants that will be the third game in a row the first meeting the Eagles blew them out but the second meeting was 22-16 not nearly as bad a loss. NY has a chance. The Cowboys don’t do well on the road in playoffs but they broke that streak last week can they keep that momentum up?  Jaguars absolutely can upset KC BUT KC got the bye so they got rest, that could work either way but I think it’ll be a positive in this case. Arrowhead isn’t an easy Stadium to win in. 
Bengals probably will be the upset beating Buffalo 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

If the Eagles beat the Giants that will be the third game in a row the first meeting the Eagles blew them out but the second meeting was 22-16 not nearly as bad a loss. NY has a chance. The Cowboys don’t do well on the road in playoffs but they broke that streak last week can they keep that momentum up?  Jaguars absolutely can upset KC BUT KC got the bye so they got rest, that could work either way but I think it’ll be a positive in this case. Arrowhead isn’t an easy Stadium to win in. 
Bengals probably will be the upset beating Buffalo 

And that's definitely a fair assessment of every game. See, it's fun with every single game in a particular playoff round can go either way. That's another reason why I love football so much.

• Like 1