UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

Hey all!  It’s that time of the year again!  We all get to watch our teams shuffle into camps and workouts as we prepare for the 2022/3 NFL season.  

I don’t know exactly where this thread will be moved to, but it’s gonna be on the open forums so we can all shit talk about each other’s teams. 

I for one am extremely disappointed that we have another year in the NFL with Tom Brady. That mother fucker wants super bowl rings for his dick cuz all eight fingers and the thumbs ain’t enough.

Which teams will get overwhelmed with Covid?  Will Monkey Pox be the next new thing? Which teams will catch the injury bug?  I for one can safely say, “I don’t fuckin know” but I do know this, Darnold and Baker Mayfield are on the same team now and Zach Wilson enjoyed a nice Mrs. Robinson, if that ain’t the way to start a season then I don’t know wtf is

smack talk away guys. Idk if @Ginguy is doing his pick ‘em game this year but jic he is this is the thread to talk shit about that too. 

• Like 1

i think my favorite thing so far this season is the browns giving watson that giant ass contract and trading away mayfield for a 5th round pick. watson still in legal limbo and probably not playing at all this year. the panthers too, trading for a qb after they got one last season. browns gonna browns.

im really interested in seeing the continue rise of some of these young qbs like herbert and murray. and see who falls as well, justin fields and mac jones maybe? 

football outsiders did these series of dynasty ranking articles that were fun to read. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2022/saints-lead-way-total-dynasty-lists

theres 4 categories, best dynasty, best anti dynasty, mediocre, and heart break. they go through all teams of all eras. fun little read. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ginguy said:

3 more wildcard slots....

Participation trophies next year.   Hey, at least then Jacksonville and Jersey will have something to celebrate. :P 

Jacksonville has a pool in their stadium. They don’t need a Super Bowl 😆

The participation trophies will be deflated footballs. So shall it be! 😆

• Like 2

I was thinking more along the lines of the punter's jock strap.

Edit: Signed by Goodell, because he sucks and it is appropriate that he waste at least an hour signing unwashed jock straps.

Edited by Ginguy
  • Haha 1

Hey everyone:

Spoiler

If you want to make fun of your favorite teams, Drew Magary at Defector said today that submissions for Why Your Team Sucks are open again

([email protected]

Remember, I pulled this off last year not realizing the literal highlight of Urban Meyer's NFL tenure would be "He and Charlie Strong hand Chris Jericho footballs and a computer to hit MJF with":

[actual first name that you can see on Defector or whatever lol]:

The Kahn family owns the Jaguars, Fulham FC, and All Elite Wrestling. AEW’s relative success doesn’t so much tell me that pro wrestling is easier to run than a football team, but that if we had ever actually allowed Vince McMahon to buy an NFL team or Newcastle United, as had been rumored in the past, that team would be a SPECTACULAR dumpster fire of a franchise by now.

Edited by Seight
  • Like 3

On 7/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, GuyBeardmane said:

Note to self: get a Texans helmet

On 7/14/2022 at 8:14 PM, Seight said:

Great helmets, cannot wait for Houston to go 3-14 in them.

I love those helmets! Kinda reminds me of the red University of Houston helmets. (Also, we're gonna win at least six games this year. We're not gonna be the worst team in the division either. That's still reserved for the Jaguars.)

5 hours ago, nameraka said:

Anyone else notice that Kyler Murray only got pissed about the homework clause in his contract after the fact?

It's almost like he signed it without realizing what was in it. Sounds like someone didn't do their homework...

He only got pissed when everyone else correctly pointed out how much shit he's going to get even if he does great.  The Cardinals really fucked him over, and his agent didn't do anything to stop it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

He only got pissed when everyone else correctly pointed out how much shit he's going to get even if he does great.  The Cardinals really fucked him over, and his agent didn't do anything to stop it.

Valid point. He needs a new agent.

1 minute ago, nameraka said:

Valid point. He needs a new agent.

He does now.  I would imagine the agent probably thought it was a completely unenforceable part of the contract and let it in as a sign of goodwill as the Cardinals were about to give Murray a huge payday.  Those are the kinds of things that end up in contracts all the time but never see the light of day for this reason.   If the agent had come out right away and called the release a lie or a mischaracterization, a lot of the damage could have been mitigated.

But, the bigger issue is that someone in the Arizona's front office allowed this out.  They're giving the guy this much money only to sabotage him right out of the gate?  Not only that, but they're damaging his value across the league meaning he's going to be difficult to trade if (or when) things don't work out in a year or so.  Word is it's the owner himself leaked it.

Just now, Master-Debater131 said:

When you break this down this means the NFL values women at approximately 1 quarter of play per assault.  Remember that the next time the NFL tries to say that they care with all those pink ribbons.

Good thing he didn’t kneel, he’d lose his entire career.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sawdy said:

Good thing he didn’t kneel, he’d lose his entire career.

We would have also accepted "smoked weed."

The story I was reading on Defector said that Roger Goodell has the ability to make a different ruling if the suspension is appealed which...please, don't make me explain how fucked the sentence "Roger Goodell can do the right thing here" is.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

If it didn’t have to do with TB12 this wouldn’t have even been a story

Idk maybe?  It would have been an issue regardless because it’s absolutely not allowed. An issue but not necessarily a story. Brady spent his career doin wtf he’s wanted to anyway so that might be why it’s a story cuz once again he’s involved in an incident that skirts the rules in some way. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk maybe?  It would have been an issue regardless because it’s absolutely not allowed. An issue but not necessarily a story. Brady spent his career doin wtf he’s wanted to anyway so that might be why it’s a story cuz once again he’s involved in an incident that skirts the rules in some way. 

Julio Jones signed with the Buccs… so….. like… super bowl?

Brady is a piece of shit that’s a fact it’s not salty anything 9 times out of 10 when there’s a rule breaking incident Brady is involved 

as for him not getting another ring, that’s not salt either, he’s got too much competition now. That’s why he got knocked out of the playoffs pretty damn fast last season 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Brady is a piece of shit that’s a fact it’s not salty anything 9 times out of 10 when there’s a rule breaking incident Brady is involved 

as for him not getting another ring, that’s not salt either, he’s got too much competition now. That’s why he got knocked out of the playoffs pretty damn fast last season 

Too much salt! Ya ruinin the stew!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Hold your horses.... It ain't over yet.

Sooooo theres a chance this may not be horrible.  I went to Twitter (yea, I know) and some of the NFL insiders are saying that the NFL may be doing this to actually increase the punishment. Because the judge found multiple violations of NFL policy Goodell may be trying to increase the suspension.

Or the NFL is an even bigger joke than thought and they will fuck this up to a degree that there is no coming back from. If Goodell lowers the suspension theres no coming back from that.

• Haha 1

Just now, Master-Debater131 said:

Sooooo theres a chance this may not be horrible....

LOLJK.  It's really just delaying the inevitable. The NFL was originally calling for a year-long suspension but it got reduced to 6 because the NFL has such a shitty domestic abuse policy.  The rationale from the arbiter might sound like bullshit, but she was essentially telling the NFL they didn't have the ability to make such a long suspension based on their own policy. 

• Like 1