UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

My other half’s cousin is going to the NE v Jets game.  I wanted to go the KC night game the following week but kids are going and it’s a late night. Anywho tickets shot up in price. I used to get end zone tix for about $100-125 now those tix are +$300. Luckily I purchased my tickets in the 300 section yesterday cuz tix in the same or similar section went up in price.  Tix that cost me $130 yesterday would have costed me +$200 today and they didn’t even win a fuckin game yet. The 300’s ain’t bad the way the stadium is set up the view is pretty damn good like actually better for viewing the field than tix I usually get.  Just fuckin nuts how $$$$ it got for a team that had losing record for the last decade 

Glad you were able to snag tickets at a decent price. And I've always loved MetLife Stadium and its layout. If and when the Texans choose to replace NRG Stadium, I'd like for them to go with a similar design, but with a roof, of course. (And yes, I remember reading that the original design for MetLife included a roof. I personally think it should've been included in the final design, but that's just me. I'm sure y'all like the open air atmosphere.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, Gemini said:

Glad you were able to snag tickets at a decent price. And I've always loved MetLife Stadium and its layout. If and when the Texans choose to replace NRG Stadium, I'd like for them to go with a similar design, but with a roof, of course. (And yes, I remember reading that the original design for MetLife included a roof. I personally think it should've been included in the final design, but that's just me. I'm sure y'all like the open air atmosphere.)

I prefer open air cuz that’s football players and fans gotta contend with the weather.  A snowy game in Buffalo or a 40 degree below zero game in Green Bay is classic old school football. I miss real turf too.  Players complain a lot about the turf at MetLife it’s that pellet looking nonsense. 

I hope someday the jets and Giants get a stadium actually in NY but that’s a pipe dream instead our taxes are going to fund a stadium in Buffalo despite the owners and the league as a whole are rich af and should not be taking our $ at all. 

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I prefer open air cuz that’s football players and fans gotta contend with the weather.  A snowy game in Buffalo or a 40 degree below zero game in Green Bay is classic old school football. I miss real turf too.  Players complain a lot about the turf at MetLife it’s that pellet looking nonsense. 

I hope someday the jets and Giants get a stadium actually in NY but that’s a pipe dream instead our taxes are going to fund a stadium in Buffalo despite the owners and the league as a whole are rich af and should not be taking our $ at all. 

I get what you're saying. That's one of the perks of going to TDECU Stadium on the campus of the University of Houston. (A big factor, however, is when kickoff is as well, especially during the first month of the season. If it's around 6 or 7 pm, that's good because the sun's going down. Early morning starts are good, too. A mid-afternoon start in late August and through the entire month of September, however, is probably my least favorite kickoff time because that's when it's usually hottest during the day down here in Houston.)

So let me ask you this: How would you feel about a retractable roof stadium? Because that way, you can still get open air at times and still be able to get events like the NCAA Final Four. Also, I remember years ago that the Jets were considering building a football stadium on Manhattan's West Side. It was part of the city's bid for the 2012 Olympics, too, if I recall. Do you think Gang Green would eventually try to resurrect that proposal? (And yes, I completely agree with you. Owners should be paying for the entire cost of any brand new stadium's construction.)

Edited by Gemini

11 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I actually like what the Raiders and Cardinals do… play indoors on real turf.  Watching football in 100° F heat is the definition of lunacy no matter how authentic the experience is, but it’s a hell of a lot better than playing on plastigrass.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Mid afternoon starts are my favorite because I don’t end up getting home at 1 am.

That's a fair point, scoob. I always hated getting home late from games that start in the evening, especially if I had to be up early the next morning.

New rule change for this season (could be adopted permanently but I hope tf not)

any fair catch behind the 25 yard line moves the ball to the 25. I understand that kick and punt returns have the highest percentage of injury but jfc these guys are making 100s of millions now and this particular rule change changes the entire game. Football just got more fuckin boring. No more pinning your opponent to their own 1yd line. Fuckin don’t even wanna watch now tbh 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

New rule change for this season (could be adopted permanently but I hope tf not)

any fair catch behind the 25 yard line moves the ball to the 25. I understand that kick and punt returns have the highest percentage of injury but jfc these guys are making 100s of millions now and this particular rule change changes the entire game. Football just got more fuckin boring. No more pinning your opponent to their own 1yd line. Fuckin don’t even wanna watch now tbh 

Should probably just get rid of the kickoff all together.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Sure,  if it’s between the college rules and just not doing it I def choose just not doing it. 

The rule is more or less unnecessary given no one I can remember has ever fair-caught a kickoff behind the 25, but the greater issue is the response to a problem in football has always been to just eliminate the situation rather than fix the mechanics.  Why are kickoffs more violent now than they were 50 years ago?

On 5/23/2023 at 2:03 AM, scoobdog said:

I actually like what the Raiders and Cardinals do… play indoors on real turf.  Watching football in 100° F heat is the definition of lunacy no matter how authentic the experience is, but it’s a hell of a lot better than playing on plastigrass.

The Texans used to do that, too, before we had field turf installed at NRG Stadium. Yes, NRG has a retractable roof, but it tends to be closed most times.

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

What do you think of the XFL kickoff rules, which is supposed to cut down on special teams' injuries?

34 minutes ago, Gemini said:

The Texans used to do that, too, before we had field turf installed at NRG Stadium. Yes, NRG has a retractable roof, but it tends to be closed most times.

In mean, they actually pull the field outside and leave out until the game.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

In mean, they actually pull the field outside and leave out until the game.

Oh, yes. I know. And I think that’s a cool thing. But there are some on YouTube, like DepressedGinger, for example, who don’t like that at all. He normally has good videos, but I thought he was really reaching for that one. (I should've mentioned that I was talking about the fact both NRG Stadium and State Farm Stadium have retractable roofs.)

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 2:03 AM, scoobdog said:

What's weird is Allegiant Stadium has a grass field for the Raiders but a separate turf field for UNLV games.

Edited by Seight
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I mean he’s fine now.

Yeah. I was implying that your Trojans didn't play very well while Williams was hurt. Y'all lost your last two games of the season, one of them to Tulane! I am glad, however, that he's recovered.

He's projected to be the number one QB prospect heading into the 2024 draft. I would've liked for my Texans to be able to pick him next year, but we decided to go with Stroud this year and see what happens with him so we're out of the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Regardless, good luck to y'all this coming season.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ll be making the 2024/24 thread in a couple of weeks but I just wanna bitch about how the nfl is making the ny jets do hard knocks this year. It’s really fucked up they don’t need the distraction nor do they want it. Fuckin assholes, the NFL are 

• Like 1