UnevenEdge

Putin: "Stick to the timeline!"

tsar4

15 hours ago, tsar4 said:

When I first heard of this attack, I was afraid it was some group doing it in Ukraine's name or that Putin would claim Ukraine was behind it.  Instead, it was ISIS & the US warned Russia something was brewing...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68642162

image.png.1a60e607b10b797b3ab62802e7dc6a1c.png

Edit: as much distain as I have for Russia, it's for the Government & cronies, not the general populace.  No one should have to suffer this.

You knew Putin would have to try to connect the attack to Ukraine.  BBC reported that at the time the US warned Russia that there was a potential attack, Putin said that the US was just trying to scare Russians.

• Thanks 1

https://english.nv.ua/nation/russia-claims-tajik-citizens-responsible-for-mass-shooting-isis-takes-responsibility-50403714.html

https://meduza.io/en/news/2024/03/23/russian-fsb-says-moscow-terrorist-attack-suspects-planned-to-flee-to-ukraine-had-relevant-contacts-there

Claims from Russian and Ukrainian media channels:

-That the perpetrators were from Tajikistan

-That it may not have been ISIS

-Ukrainian official claims it was a Russian special forces inside job

-Official Kremlin stance is that the perps had connections to Ukraine and were planning to flee there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

Screenshot_20240324-183556.thumb.png.b8cf828f3ce7bdc8266a728c9b98c4f1.png

'Hydrated'...okay, that's a legit concern no matter what's going on in your life.

'Moisturized'...kinda wondering where this is going now.

'On your shit'...yeah okay scat-man. Stay off all my furniture forever. 

And this has been your moment of 'Yes, that guy paid for a Blue Badge of Dipshittery'. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

'Hydrated'...okay, that's a legit concern no matter what's going on in your life.

'Moisturized'...kinda wondering where this is going now.

'On your shit'...yeah okay scat-man. Stay off all my furniture forever. 

And this has been your moment of 'Yes, that guy paid for a Blue Badge of Dipshittery'. 

That guy got that video from one of those YouTube live streams of railroads. You can tell because of the watermark in the bottom right of the image. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icarus27k said:

That guy got that video from one of those YouTube live streams of railroads. You can tell because of the watermark in the bottom right of the image. 

No, I saw that.

Cletus' take on the whole thing has me concerned he's gonna scoot on the carpet though. 

Besides, neither side is going to put their current-now movements on youtube because that would be a blatant announcement of what they are doing for the other side to target. Cletus is basically getting excited over stock footage of train transportation for the sake of pretending to know something.  

Everyone gets to see the big ships go boom after the fact. 

• Thanks 2

I've recently been talking to a particularly talkative Twitter account that is obviously a Russian government propaganda thing pretending to be pro-Ukrainian. It's painfully obvious, and I could tell even before I knew there was a lot of previous reporting on "pro-Russia trolls pretending to be Ukrainians online".*

So far, I haven't let on that I know he's really pro-Russia. It's interesting watching him work. He's basically giving pro-Russia points of view, but trying to sound reasonable and calm, not reacting emotionally whenever I give an actual pro-Ukraine point that contradicts him. He usually responds with something like, "That may be true, but what about [dubious point that hypes the effectiveness of Russian weapons or some other shit]?" 

I am amazed how dumb Russian trolls think people are though. 

*See this 2021 warning from Ukrainian intel about just this phenomena. 

https://ssu.gov.ua/novyny/sbu-vykryla-ahenturnu-merezhu-spetssluzhb-rf-yaka-destabilizuvala-sytuatsiiu-v-ukraini-cherez-telegramkanaly

Edited by Icarus27k
  • Like 1

Seriously, there are people who fall for this? It's on the same level of scam callers asking about your car's extended warranty.

It's a problem that can be solved with a simple attitude of "don't believe everything you read". 

Edited by Icarus27k

Kremlin Reportedly Offering Money to Ukrainians to Testify About Ukrainian ‘War Crimes’

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/30359

Residents of the Russian-occupied cities of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk – in Ukraine’s Luhansk region in the east – are being offered 100,000 rubles ($1,080) to create “written testimonies about war crimes” committed by the Ukrainian military, Artem Lysohor, the head of the Luhansk regional military administration said in a post on Telegram.

To receive the money, you should claim that you suffered from Ukrainian military shelling, Lysohor said.

Kyiv Post has not been able to independently verify Lysohor’s statement at press time, which was also reported on by the state-run news agency Ukrinform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sieg67 said:

Kremlin Reportedly Offering Money to Ukrainians to Testify About Ukrainian ‘War Crimes’

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/30359

Residents of the Russian-occupied cities of Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk – in Ukraine’s Luhansk region in the east – are being offered 100,000 rubles ($1,080) to create “written testimonies about war crimes” committed by the Ukrainian military, Artem Lysohor, the head of the Luhansk regional military administration said in a post on Telegram.

To receive the money, you should claim that you suffered from Ukrainian military shelling, Lysohor said.

Kyiv Post has not been able to independently verify Lysohor’s statement at press time, which was also reported on by the state-run news agency Ukrinform.

Surprises me that they're claiming to offer cash and not just saying, "We won't shoot you."

• Like 3

One thing this war has taught me: the U.S. has the best intelligence community in the world. I am reasonably sure top officials in foreign governments are double agents for the US and that we regularly listen in on world leaders' conversations.

Understandably, the US keeps that on the down low though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Icarus27k said:

I feel better. I was getting concerned for Ukraine if they didn't receive more artillery and air defense.

It had to also be demoralizing for the general populace, watching the US drag its feet and the claims that the "FART"s bought from Russian propaganda.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 2:55 PM, tsar4 said:

It had to also be demoralizing for the general populace, watching the US drag its feet and the claims that the "FART"s bought from Russian propaganda.

Just making a decision to approve additional aid to Ukraine has probably mucked up Russia's plans to a degree because they were probably making some military decisions on the assumption this aid would be delayed or not happen.

Screenshot_20240421-195643.thumb.png.2a0665b28419693cb2edb8c270cd5f41.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Senate passed the Aid bill: 79 to 18.  On to Biden for a signature.

I thought that was just the vote to consider it, not the actual final vote?

Edit: they did passed it, idk why I couldn't seem to find any senate news for a half hour

https://thehill.com/homenews/4616775-senate-passes-ukraine-israel-funding/

Edited by Raptorpat

29 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

I thought that was just the vote to consider it, not the actual final vote?

Edit: they did passed it, idk why I couldn't seem to find any senate news for a half hour

https://thehill.com/homenews/4616775-senate-passes-ukraine-israel-funding/

I was watching it online on C-Span using close-captioning.  I guess that many Senators had left their votes with the clerk & then left the floor.  There might have been 30-40 on the floor, including staff and there was maybe around a 15 by the end of the vote, yet the totals kept changing.

• Like 1

Eyewitnesses: Kremlin Troops Dug Into Chornobyl’s Irradiated Dirt, Cooked Food Over Radioactive Campfires, Thousands Exposed

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/31734

"Russian soldiers invading Ukraine in Feb. 2022 ignored station worker warnings to avoid terrain contaminated by radiation from the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident, and hundreds of them lived for more than a month in trenches dug into ground saturated with potentially lethal isotopes, eyewitnesses and nuclear scientists said.

Valeriy Semenov, Security Chief at the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant from Feb. 23 - April 3, 2022, in an interview with Kyiv Post, said Russian troops entering the premises showed little interest in research compiled over almost two decades on fallout and hot spot sites around the station."

I dont know if this is true or propaganda by Ukraine. But Russia is so dumb that this is entirely believable. it also lines up with reporting from the start of the war of Russians digging trenches in the highly irradiated areas around Chernobyl.

• Like 1