UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

21 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s a lot of $ to go to a football game. The thought of going and receiving eye daggers cuz I choose to wear a mask is not something I’m into paying for.   I can’t even begin to describe how obnoxious these fans get. Especially the tailgaters that started drinking at 9am by the time the 2nd quarter starts they’re fucked up 😬

$400 for raider tickets. my first nfl game. they better win. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Von was traded to the Rams.

That hurts. Like, Im really glad that he is on a contender and has a real chance at another ring. But, sad days.  Hes been my favorite player to watch for the past decade.  Just a great guy as well.

I knew we had surrendered this year, but, man, still sad.

i think it was a good trade for both teams. 

this gives the clear signal that the donkeys are gonna change coach. 

but yes, losing these players you fall in love with always sucks. 

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Really?  They serve here until the start of the 4th. And even then thats a bit more of a guideline than an actual rule.Its more like first change of possession in the 4th is when they stop.

People do tend to try and hotbox the stadium though.

Do they sell weed at the stadium cuz that would be pretty cool if they did 

idk what happened that they stopped selling so early.  None of the concessions will sell you beer once the 3rd quarter starts. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Do they sell weed at the stadium cuz that would be pretty cool if they did 

idk what happened that they stopped selling so early.  None of the concessions will sell you beer once the 3rd quarter starts. 

Nope.

But the security check here is basically "dont set off the metal detector and your good". So its suuuuuuuper easy to sneak stuff in.  Or be open about it in a vape pen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

im more upset that he gets it when going against the chiefs of all teams. how lucky for them to catch a break. 🙄

The Chiefs are a fucking disaster this year, though.  I'd be a little more worried if they were going up against Seattle with Wilson back.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scoobdog said:

The Chiefs are a fucking disaster this year, though.  I'd be a little more worried if they were going up against Seattle with Wilson back.

facts. but i really wanted them to be embarrassed. i guess that could still happen. jordan love been baking in that oven for quite a while now, he should be ready.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Should be fun a stadium in Vegas gotta be sick. Probably have seats with slot machines built right in 😆

im getting hyped for it. thinking of getting a carr jersey. really been falling in love with him more the last 3 seasons. i think last season he gave us a carr that we saw in 2016. this season, he's doing better than that. say what you want about gruden, but he has really helped carr succeed. carr in my opinion, is the best qb we've ever had. 

• Like 1

“It’s been a horrific week for the Raiders….” Then Harland  proceeds to talk about Ruggs and the DUI the resulted in someone dying and a dog too, right?  But sure it’s horrific week for the raiders 

tbf the victims and family were mentioned but maybe just use a little sense?  Idk 

39 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

“It’s been a horrific week for the Raiders….” Then Harland  proceeds to talk about Ruggs and the DUI the resulted in someone dying and a dog too, right?  But sure it’s horrific week for the raiders 

tbf the victims and family were mentioned but maybe just use a little sense?  Idk 

156 mph….

• Like 1

looks like this is gonna be our bizarro week for the nfl. so many upsets and lopsided unexpected wins. biggest shock is definitly the jags over the bills. raiders losing against the little giants, also big. falcons over saints. chiefs offense also played so shitty but were saved by their special teams and the packers playing even shittier. love had everything he could hope for going into this game, and looked like shit. almost forgot the donkeys beating the cowboys. more like curb stomp, teddy!

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, Distortedreasoning said:

love had everything he could hope for going into this game, and looked like shit.

I thought he was fine for a guy making his first start on short notice, playing with players he has never played with before (Packers played no starters in preseason). KC blitzed the fuck out of him, which the coaching staff should have known going into the game and yet made little effort to counter the blitz, regularly going 5 wide and running long developing plays. They left rookie Royce Newman on Chris Jones all game and he had one of the worst performances I've ever seen. They did very little to help Love out, especially in the first half. Should have come out and ran every play until KC proved they could stop the run. Don't understand why they didn't go with the Arizona game plan and run it down their throats.

He did an amazing job escaping the blitz most of the time, just couldn't connect on much of anything after that. The one interception, the CB just took it away from Davante. Should have been on the outside shoulder, but difficult to make a perfect throw with two guys bearing down on you. That's a hell of a play by the corner. All in all, not terrible. Obviously he isn't a 17-year NFL vet and needs to get better versus the blitz, but he showed a lot of promise. Would like to see what he could do when the OL can actually block.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, panic said:

I thought he was fine for a guy making his first start on short notice, playing with players he has never played with before (Packers played no starters in preseason). KC blitzed the fuck out of him, which the coaching staff should have known going into the game and yet made little effort to counter the blitz, regularly going 5 wide and running long developing plays. They left rookie Royce Newman on Chris Jones all game and he had one of the worst performances I've ever seen. They did very little to help Love out, especially in the first half. Should have come out and ran every play until KC proved they could stop the run. Don't understand why they didn't go with the Arizona game plan and run it down their throats.

He did an amazing job escaping the blitz most of the time, just couldn't connect on much of anything after that. The one interception, the CB just took it away from Davante. Should have been on the outside shoulder, but difficult to make a perfect throw with two guys bearing down on you. That's a hell of a play by the corner. All in all, not terrible. Obviously he isn't a 17-year NFL vet and needs to get better versus the blitz, but he showed a lot of promise. Would like to see what he could do when the OL can actually block.

i'll admit didnt see the entire game, had to drive home from work, not gonna stay extra at work for any reason. im probably expecting too much from a first time starting qb. thought this be a perfect opportunity for him to shine, but not everyone shines in their first time. all the qb's this year all over the place.