UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

ok who had the jets upsetting the bungels? and the back up qb throwing for 400 yds? i wonder what they gonna do with flacco now? seeing pooh going through the emotions of the game had me laughing over here. 

lions man, they played several good teams close, and now get blown out by the eagles. smh. its hard to keep players engaged after a losing so much. jags got blown out too. i'd be surprise if urban is coach in the nfl next season. texans got blown out too but scored 22 garbage time points to not make it look as bad lol. 

no other real surprises this week. a few close games that could have gone either way. saints winning it with 3 qbs vs the bucs is lol. saints own the bucs. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

ok who had the jets upsetting the bungels? and the back up qb throwing for 400 yds? i wonder what they gonna do with flacco now? seeing pooh going through the emotions of the game had me laughing over here. 

lions man, they played several good teams close, and now get blown out by the eagles. smh. its hard to keep players engaged after a losing so much. jags got blown out too. i'd be surprise if urban is coach in the nfl next season. texans got blown out too but scored 22 garbage time points to not make it look as bad lol. 

no other real surprises this week. a few close games that could have gone either way. saints winning it with 3 qbs vs the bucs is lol. saints own the bucs. 

😆 I figured fuck it let you guys see what I go through 😆

I actually did pick the Jets. Always pick them. The Jets hadn’t had a QB throw for that many yards in 20 years 

• Haha 1

I'm kind of considering giving Pooh an extra point for every Jets win, just out of respect for her loyalty.

Who would have thought the Cards would be the monsters they are this season. They may go all the way at this rate.

Seems like a lot of upsets though, hard telling anymore week to week.

Beyond the Lions failing.

That's a given.

• Haha 1

The future of football is gonna be huge games, in a virtual world, via the oculus and players aren’t getting hurt cuz they aren’t really playing, but lazy future humans love it anyway cuz it’s a bloody gladiator game. Way worse than now. Way crazier than even rugby! 💩

9 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

The future of football is gonna be huge games, in a virtual world, via the oculus and players aren’t getting hurt cuz they aren’t really playing, but lazy future humans love it anyway cuz it’s a bloody gladiator game. Way worse than now. Way crazier than even rugby! 💩

You just described NFL Blitz and I am here for it.

• Haha 4

big events for football but the top story? raiders. we cant catch a break. henry ruggs was in an accident this morning and killed the driver of the other car. he was under the influence. and now he has just been released by the team. sad story for all involved. theres a chance he could end up in jail. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32538903/las-vegas-raiders-release-wr-henry-ruggs-iii-fatal-crash

Idk my players keep getting Covid19 I’m not sure but they might be stupid for getting it. No offense to anyone that’s had it. I’m just getting the impression that individual stupidity is leading to my players catching it.  Both receivers too I think. Gotdammit I know it’s their job but they don’t have to catch EVERYTHING 💩

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ginguy said:

CDC releases new guidelines indicating mullets are not effective at prevent the spread of Covid....

That explains the 5th spike this shit hole is seeing

17 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk my players keep getting Covid19 I’m not sure but they might be stupid for getting it. No offense to anyone that’s had it. I’m just getting the impression that individual stupidity is leading to my players catching it.  Both receivers too I think. Gotdammit I know it’s their job but they don’t have to catch EVERYTHING 💩

That's 10 days Pooh..... not season ending

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, molarbear said:

That explains the 5th spike this shit hole is seeing

That's 10 days Pooh..... not season ending

Well I still don’t have them playing and I have to juggle dropping good players that can’t play for lesser ones that can and it’s not only ten days. One of my players wasn’t vaccinated so the protocol is two negative tests. 

Edited by 1pooh4u

Rodgers took a “homemade” remedy. Perhaps ivermectin? Whatever it was it wasn’t a vaccine, he told people he was immunized (he wasn’t in any scientific sense) I guess they just take the players’ word and don’t actually look at a medical record.  Hopefully he won’t permanently damage himself by battling Covid19. 

honestly idrgaf about him but it’s bad karma to be like “Fuck Rodgers hope he has the worst case of covid ever recorded” I really don’t like Aaron Rodgers as a human being. He’s a fuckin asshole 

Edited by 1pooh4u

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Rodgers took a “homemade” remedy. Perhaps ivermectin? Whatever it was it wasn’t a vaccine, he told people he was immunized (he wasn’t in any scientific sense) I guess they just take the players’ word and don’t actually look at a medical record.  Hopefully he won’t permanently damage himself by battling Covid19. 

honestly idrgaf about him but it’s bad karma to be like “Fuck Rodgers hope he has the worst case of covid ever recorded” I really don’t like Aaron Rodgers as a human being. He’s a fuckin asshole 

I guess he had some sort of "homeopathic procedure" that would "immunize" him.

So, yaaaaa.....

Also, after all the shit that Cousins got how the hell did Rodgers slip under the radar like this?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Also, after all the shit that Cousins got how the hell did Rodgers slip under the radar like this?

Well, most people were giving him shit for being a prima donna that wouldn't show up to camp on time so there wasn't time to even think about his vaccination status.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I guess he had some sort of "homeopathic procedure" that would "immunize" him.

So, yaaaaa.....

Probably because no one knew Aaron Rodgers of the NFL, elite QB, would resort to redneck medicine? 💩

I’m Jk wtf knows what he did but it obviously didn’t work. 

I’m surprised the players don’t drag unvaccinated players. I’m not sayin they should be mandated to get vaccinated but the players should pressure their teammates. Football is a very physical sport, after all. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Von was traded to the Rams.

That hurts. Like, Im really glad that he is on a contender and has a real chance at another ring. But, sad days.  Hes been my favorite player to watch for the past decade.  Just a great guy as well.

I knew we had surrendered this year, but, man, still sad.

It always sucks to lose a reliable top performing player 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Well, most people were giving him shit for being a prima donna that wouldn't show up to camp on time so there wasn't time to even think about his vaccination status.

This is what I’m sayin. Rodgers is 100% fuck stick with a side of herpes

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Probably because no one knew Aaron Rodgers of the NFL, elite QB, would resort to redneck medicine? 💩

I’m Jk wtf knows what he did but it obviously didn’t work. 

I’m surprised the players don’t drag unvaccinated players. I’m not sayin they should be mandated to get vaccinated but the players should pressure their teammates. Football is a very physical sport, after all. 

The team had to know right?  They have all sorts of rules they have to follow for unvaxed players. No way they just take people at their word, right?

Brady all but chased down his teammates with a shot in his hand at the start of the season. He absolutely made it clear that if you play with him you better get the shot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

The team had to know right?  They have all sorts of rules they have to follow for unvaxed players. No way they just take people at their word, right?

Brady all but chased down his teammates with a shot in his hand at the start of the season. He absolutely made it clear that if you play with him you better get the shot.

You’d think they would check but I’m really not sure they do. I’m really surprised Brady pushed the vaccines. I thought he was into tons of weird medical shit. 

it would be interesting to see percentages after the season of the players that contracted covid how many were vaccinated. I’m just curious cuz they (I think, pretty sure I read it) have different protocols for returning for vax and unvax players so there’s gotta be a stat 

21 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You’d think they would check but I’m really not sure they do. I’m really surprised Brady pushed the vaccines. I thought he was into tons of weird medical shit. 

it would be interesting to see percentages after the season of the players that contracted covid how many were vaccinated. I’m just curious cuz they (I think, pretty sure I read it) have different protocols for returning for vax and unvax players so there’s gotta be a stat 

Hes into weird shit, but he also will do anything he can to win and gain any competitive edge possible.  Being 100% vaccinated gives teams an edge.

There are different protocols for returning, thats why Rodgers is out on Sunday. he cant get back in time because hes not vaccinated. The NHL has the same sort of rules, but there are a grand total of 2 players who are not vaccinated at this point. So those rules dont really ever come into play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Hes into weird shit, but he also will do anything he can to win and gain any competitive edge possible.  Being 100% vaccinated gives teams an edge.

There are different protocols for returning, thats why Rodgers is out on Sunday. he cant get back in time because hes not vaccinated. The NHL has the same sort of rules, but there are a grand total of 2 players who are not vaccinated at this point. So those rules dont really ever come into play.

The NHL really got numbers like that? How?

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

The NHL really got numbers like that? How?

There were a couple of factors.  One of the big ones was Canada. Canada let the NHL know that any player who was not vaccinated could not cross the border. Depending on your team, that could be a ton of games you couldnt play in. So that added a lot of pressure. A lot of players are Canadian, and they are very pro-vax up there. Lots of players are also from Northern Europe or played in College where vaccinations rates tend to be higher.

Theres also a cultural thing honestly.  The NHL, and hockey in general, tends to adopt things like this quickly.  Most pro-teams have a flu shot drive before the season gets rolling and the participation rate is very high here as well. You even see that in youth hockey out here. As youth hockey gets rolling, so does the mobile flu shot van. It parks in front of the rink when the season gets rolling. Parents can get their shot at the same time their kids do. Maybe thats just a thing here, but it seems pretty prevalent from what I can tell.

Players who had covid have been very outspoken about it and very pro-vax. A few wont be able to play this year because of covids long-term effects on their hearts. So the openness, and outspoken players, really did help shift feelings on covid.

Theres other reasons like the NHL making the unvaxxed lives hell on the road(same as the NFL) but I think that was a secondary factor to this other stuff.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

There were a couple of factors.  One of the big ones was Canada. Canada let the NHL know that any player who was not vaccinated could not cross the border. Depending on your team, that could be a ton of games you couldnt play in. So that added a lot of pressure. A lot of players are Canadian, and they are very pro-vax up there. Lots of players are also from Northern Europe or played in College where vaccinations rates tend to be higher.

Theres also a cultural thing honestly.  The NHL, and hockey in general, tends to adopt things like this quickly.  Most pro-teams have a flu shot drive before the season gets rolling and the participation rate is very high here as well. You even see that in youth hockey out here. As youth hockey gets rolling, so does the mobile flu shot van. It parks in front of the rink when the season gets rolling. Parents can get their shot at the same time their kids do. Maybe thats just a thing here, but it seems pretty prevalent from what I can tell.

Players who had covid have been very outspoken about it and very pro-vax. A few wont be able to play this year because of covids long-term effects on their hearts. So the openness, and outspoken players, really did help shift feelings on covid.

Theres other reasons like the NHL making the unvaxxed lives hell on the road(same as the NFL) but I think that was a secondary factor to this other stuff.

What does the NHL and NFL do to unvaccinated players on the road?

NFL vax rate in August was 93% idnk it was that high. Probably even higher now but idt that the nfl is really doing anything publicly to educate fans and honestly given the demographic of football fans they really should. I doubt fans have a high vaccination rate.  MetLife doesn’t mandate fans be vaccinated or wear masks and you hardly see a mask in the crowd. It’s outside but still they’re yelling and shit.  I know I probably won’t be going to a game this year. I’m vaccinated but I don’t feel like being surrounded by a bunch of asshole football fans rn. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

What does the NHL and NFL do to unvaccinated players on the road?

NFL vax rate in August was 93% idnk it was that high. Probably even higher now but idt that the nfl is really doing anything publicly to educate fans and honestly given the demographic of football fans they really should. I doubt fans have a high vaccination rate.  MetLife doesn’t mandate fans be vaccinated or wear masks and you hardly see a mask in the crowd. It’s outside but still they’re yelling and shit.  I know I probably won’t be going to a game this year. I’m vaccinated but I don’t feel like being surrounded by a bunch of asshole football fans rn. 

You basically are a prisoner in your room.  You cant go out, cant go to team activities, have to eat all meals alone in your room, tested weekly(or more often), have to travel desperately from vaccinated players. For the NHL, who can spend a few weeks at a time in hotels, that sounds absolutely miserable. They basically tried to make your life suck if you decided to not get a vaccine.

Mile High doesnt require anything either. Its highly recommended, but nothing is required yet.  Ive been to all the games this year and am not worried. I'm vaccinated, and my state hit the 80% mark the other day. Plus, its outside. plus plus, we suck so the stadium isnt exactly full these days. I honestly figure that at this point Ive been exposed to it but the vaccine either stopped me from getting sick or stopped me from getting symptoms. Either way I consider that a win.

• Like 2

My state is like 66% vaccinated but our mayor claims nyc is 80% vaccinated BUT again my borough is less than 70% I'm almost positive that at a MetLife game the vaccination rate would be between 60-70%. Not terrible but probably not herd immunity numbers either but like I said the fans at MetLife are just terrible and I would rather not rn 

Edited by 1pooh4u
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s the same not mandated but highly recommended.  My state isn’t even 70% vaccinated and idk what NJ levels are so I’m not doing it.  Not from fear but more like the vibe. I’m not into it. 

Yea I get it. We have friends with tickets who havent gone to a game this year for similar reasons. They dont want to be in a big crowd, mask or not.  There are people that go with us who mask up, and others who dont.  Totally a personal choice. And if you dont go, no big deal. Gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself and be safe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Yea I get it. We have friends with tickets who havent gone to a game this year for similar reasons. They dont want to be in a big crowd, mask or not.  There are people that go with us who mask up, and others who dont.  Totally a personal choice. And if you dont go, no big deal. Gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself and be safe.

It’s a lot of $ to go to a football game. The thought of going and receiving eye daggers cuz I choose to wear a mask is not something I’m into paying for.   I can’t even begin to describe how obnoxious these fans get. Especially the tailgaters that started drinking at 9am by the time the 2nd quarter starts they’re fucked up 😬

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

It’s a lot of $ to go to a football game. The thought of going and receiving eye daggers cuz I choose to wear a mask is not something I’m into paying for.   I can’t even begin to describe how obnoxious these fans get. Especially the tailgaters that started drinking at 9am by the time the 2nd quarter starts they’re fucked up 😬

I mean, it is New York/New Jersey. Soooooo........

None of that side eye out here for people masking. Its honestly like no one really gives a shit anymore.  I do think that has to do with our vaccination rates though. Were at 80%, but here in the city that rate is much much higher. Its some of the, lets just say, more rural parts that are pulling our numbers down. We start tailgating earllyyyyyyy as well. The trick is to stop drinking about an hour before the game so you start to sober up as the game gets going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1