UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

4 hours ago, molarbear said:

Dude's catching shit from all over

I give it 2 years before he's back in College Football

If the Jags give up on him he's done, period.  There were rumours about his commitment before the deal about his abusive assistant came to light at OHio State, rumors about his fragile psyche.  This chisels those rumors  in granite.

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

If the Jags give up on him he's done, period.  There were rumours about his commitment before the deal about his abusive assistant came to light at OHio State, rumors about his fragile psyche.  This chisels those rumors  in granite.

NFL owners seem to forget that for every Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll, there are far more Steve Spurriers

SEC Power Rankings: Steve Spurrier.gif Edition - Garnet And Black Attack

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I doubt it

As well as he's done in CFB some team would hire him

He won't even have to take the repentance route of Arkansas St or North Texas to Louisville before a big school thinks people have forgotten all the stuff he did 

4 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I doubt it

As well as he's done in CFB some team would hire him

He won't even have to take the repentance route of Arkansas St or North Texas to Louisville before a big school thinks people have forgotten all the stuff he did 

People are high on this dude, and rightly so because he's got championship pedigree, but you're taking a huge risk.  We won't ever know the real reasons he left Florida or Ohio State: I'd bet it wasn't just because he was burnt out.

27 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

annnnd the raiders/browns game is postponed to monday, due to covid. 

punk ass bitches going back on their word of taking a tough stance on covid. 

last year we were forced to play as is, without any accommodation, but anyone else lets bend over backwards for them.

The intent for taking a tough stance was to get player vaccinated, not to punish the team for getting COVID.  The Raiders are looking hella petty here by fighting for forfeiture while the entire sports world is having to deal with Omicron.

Edited by scoobdog

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

they should have made them play as scheduled. all those players, there must have been major breach of covid protocol. 

I was following protocols (keeping masked inside and even out on the street) on top of being fully vaccinated and I still caught COVID.  Using COVID as an excuse to get a cheap win when Omicron is tearing through the US right now is a bad look..

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

I was following protocols (keeping masked inside and even out on the street) on top of being fully vaccinated and I still caught COVID.  Using COVID as an excuse to get a cheap win when Omicron is tearing through the US right now is a bad look..

yeah but what else are they gonna do if the team still got covid monday? they cant really move around the schedule too much since both teams dont got a bye week. 

Just now, Distortedreasoning said:

yeah but what else are they gonna do if the team still got covid monday? they cant really move around the schedule too much since both teams dont got a bye week. 

It's under the assumption that some people will come off protocols, which the NFL is revising to more accurately reflect those who actually were vaccinated and caught breakthrough cases if reports are accurate.  From what I can tell, the period which a person can be symptom free is shorter with the vaccine.  I know the Rams have been practically wiped out by it, and they're a legit contender after Arizona on Monday; following a game like that up and setting the team up for failure is something the NFL doesn't want.

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's under the assumption that some people will come off protocols, which the NFL is revising to more accurately reflect those who actually were vaccinated and caught breakthrough cases if reports are accurate.  From what I can tell, the period which a person can be symptom free is shorter with the vaccine.  I know the Rams have been practically wiped out by it, and they're a legit contender after Arizona on Monday; following a game like that up and setting the team up for failure is something the NFL doesn't want.

if the situation was reversed and the raiders were the ones that caught covid. would they be postponing games for us? i know they made us play against the bucs as scheduled last year, so it feels like we always being targeted by the league. whats the plan if the raiders catch covid ahead of mondays game? its frustrating to say the least. i work mondays so now i cant be watching the game how i like to. gotta vent. 

15 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

if the situation was reversed and the raiders were the ones that caught covid. would they be postponing games for us? i know they made us play against the bucs as scheduled last year, so it feels like we always being targeted by the league. whats the plan if the raiders catch covid ahead of mondays game? its frustrating to say the least. i work mondays so now i cant be watching the game how i like to. gotta vent. 

Can I interest you in our Lord and Savior, Hall of Fame QB Kendall Hinton?

TDP-L-BRONCOS-SAINTS-AAO-_6AO4618x-1.jpg

The NFL made us play with a WR at Qb. Soooooo.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

Lol.  I know.  Tuesday games are even wierder.

General update

It is going to be kind of tight this week. The NFL has added two games on Tues because the Jags coaching staff is moonlighting in scheduling. 🤡💩

I'm going to be busy on Wednesday, but I should have time to get the picks up then. The two games that got added are going to be mulligans because I don't have time this week to handle that kind of nonsense.

Edited by Ginguy